Another RoH star to WWE.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Double J

Reaction score
The tag team loving side of me would like to see Nigel and Burchill team up, Nigel is better off going on a singles career. Miz and Morrison is the only tag team I can think of as of late that was able to split up and stay big. With the execpetion of (maybe) The Hart Dynasty and Legacy, it's really only a matter of time before tag teams in WWE are released.

Airfixx

How the fuck is McGuinness' character the same as the others? Because he's English. Oh no, we can't push CM Punk and Jack Swagger at the same time. They're both American, way too similar.

Additionally... McIntyre = Scottish, Seamus = Irish, McGuinness = English.

Reaction score
Wow, first AmDrag and now Nigel, not good for ROH, they lost their top face and heel of last year.

I don't know how either of them will go, they don't need to be put in FCW, maybe they could give them a warmup match and promo in FCW but that would be it. Nigel should start on ECW I reckon and probably Danielson there also, or maybe Danielson would do well on Smackdown with Hardy and Mysterio both out for a while. Also theyve still got Low Ki to come, him Vs Nigel or Danielson on ECW would be fucking awesome.

You'd think WWE would be looking to pick up Austin Aries if anyone, the ROH Champ, plays a good heel and face, good character, works in the ring nicely and on the mic, I guess there's still a shitload of other talent they could be looking for. I don't know why WWE is taking their talent cos they changed to Monday Nights, that would be stupid on WWEs part because they probably wouldn't want them or use them, theyve had alot of time to decide to bring them in and now they do just after ROH goes to Monday Nights, thats stupid as fuck. It'll be interesting to see if they continue to bring in others.

I promise you, WWE is NOT "raiding" talent. It has nothing to do with the move to Monday Nights, the E could give two shits when RoH airs, they are so insignificantly small they couldn't do a bit of harm. It's RoH "liquidating" it's most polished talent, Vince is just taking what is being offered to him. You don't have to believe me, and trust me I don't get my jollies by trying to impress forumites with bullshit internet gossip, but I have it on good authority from people in the know/biz that RoH is shuttin them doors and that Hero, Claudio and Albright are also quite possible to the E as they'd much rather give their talent to Vince then to let them be victimized by TNA. They can't offer the champ since there is always the slight chance things turn around... Take it with a grain of salt but when this shit happens, just remember to mad rep this post.

Great One

Whoa, so you got da true word on the down low? Can you tell me if Triple H truly abuses backstage powers??

phantomgerald

How the fuck is McGuinness' character the same as the others? Because he's English. Oh no, we can't push CM Punk and Jack Swagger at the same time. They're both American, way too similar.

Because they're all from the United Kingdom, because they're all heels, and because they're all 'playing the whole USA isn't being fair to me' angle. You actually think they can push all of them at the same time? I dare bet that should any of the 3 end up on the same show, they will be put in a tag team.

.tim

Reaction score
Because they're all from the United Kingdom, because they're all heels, and because they're all 'playing the whole USA isn't being fair to me' angle. You actually think they can push all of them at the same time? I dare bet that should any of the 3 end up on the same show, they will be put in a tag team.
Shamus is Irish you dumb fuck.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I promise you, WWE is NOT "raiding" talent. It has nothing to do with the move to Monday Nights, the E could give two shits when RoH airs, .

It just so happens that coincidently, RoH moves to Monday nights when WWE takes 2 of their top names. I don't even watch RoH or seen a single match and know of Danielson and McGenius (sp). Hell, they probobly wont even have the slightest push in the E, just as long as they aren't in RoH is fine by them.

Whoa, so you got da true word on the down low? Can you tell me if Triple H truly abuses backstage powers??

lol. Since we are asking questions, there are a few things I'd like to know...

1. Is Shelton face or heel?
2. Why do they keep teasing tention in Legacy? After a while, it's not going to be big when a fall out actually happens.
3. When will Cena turn heel?
4. I'd like to know the answer to Great One's question as well.
5. Is the reason why McShit is up the ladder so high because she bouncing on Taker's dong?

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

So Nigel, who hasn't debuted in the WWE, has the same gimmick already as others there in WWE? Amazing. You must work on creative.

Double J

Reaction score
lol. Since we are asking questions, there are a few things I'd like to know...

1. Is Shelton face or heel?
2. Why do they keep teasing tention in Legacy? After a while, it's not going to be big when a fall out actually happens.
3. When will Cena turn heel?
4. I'd like to know the answer to Great One's question as well.
5. Is the reason why McShit is up the ladder so high because she bouncing on Taker's dong?

I can answer these!

1) Does it really matter? It's a blessing/surprise WWE hasn't let him go yet.
2) Because it's WWE?
3) Never
4) It depends on which question you're talking about. If you mean THE Great One, No one really knows what the Rock is cooking, but I have heard that it smells like shit, but Enzo would like to try some anyway. If you mean Our Great One, he did before, but has seemed to chill out on it...at least until he gets hungry again for the gold.
5)Surprisingly she was actually pretty popular before she started screwing a dead guy. I think she's able to get away with alot of crap in the lockerroom now because of it though, 'it' being having sex with a dead man.....Did I meantion she was screwing an old dead guy?

Oh, and so to continue to actually be apart of the main topic of this discussion;

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
» In regards to earlier statements that WWE was taking further notice of Ring of Honor when the company's TV show on HDNet was moved to Monday night and looking at a possible "talent raid", Bryan Danielson and Nigel McGuinness were the only two major hold outs in regards to signing a new contract with ROH and that mostly everyone else on the roster is locked up. There is one rumor that several talents could still get out of their deals if they were to give a 30 day notice, although one ROH source noted that if there was a case where WWE was offering talent a full-time living that it was doubtful ROH would try and prevent it. One WWE source even added, "If WWE wanted to raid, they'd take any and everything including the stapler in an ROH office desk."

phantomgerald

So Nigel, who hasn't debuted in the WWE, has the same gimmick already as others there in WWE? Amazing. You must work on creative.

Haven't you seen what Regal, Finlay and to a lesser extent, Burchill have been doing all these years? They've always been playing up their roots as part of the gimmick. You think that the WWE have space for another 3 wrestlers like that? If you do then you're obviously living in fanboyism.

This Guy

^^I think your missing his point. The point is he hasn't debuted yet so we don't know what his gimmick will be. They might make him a mime character who never talks and call him Bippo for all we know. But your logic is flawed anyways, you said there is no room for 3 european stars to be playing there roots gimmicks basically yet listed 3 characters based on that and there not even the only ones. Finlay is irish, yes he wears green, his gimmick an irish tough guy. Regal is the english snob, and yeah kinda burchill. But what does that have to do with anything? They have Shamues (sp?) sure. Hornswoggle. And now Drew McIntyre. All european characters. Drew isn't even playing his up. He's just a serious guy who hates people like R-Truth. So what? So just because your european the WWE shouldn't bother with you? That doesn't make scense. The WWE is based in the US, but its a World Company.