Andy Leavine released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
PWInsider said:
World Wrestling Entertainment has released the winner of the most recent Tough Enough season Andy Leavine, who was working in WWE developmental as Kevin Hackman.

Leavine was named the Tough Enough winner for the series' return to cable TV in April 2011. Leavine, who was a standout football player in college, had been signed to WWE developmental before being cast for the series.

After winning the Tough Enough season, Leavine was only seen in vignettes about his training to become a WWE star and was never utilized again on the main roster. At one point, he was suspended for a violation of the company's Wellness Policy.

Can't say i'm surprised, because i'm not. He never looked good in FCW and hasn't been on FCW tv for about 6 months maybe longer. Plus he was working the odd Dark match before the FCW tapings.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Wow that didn't take long at all. I was expecting some sort of push since he won Tough Enough, but he never really got it together. Failing a drug test doesn't help either.

Best of Luck in your fututre endeavors

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Even Austin couldn't put this clown over.

The_King

Reaction score
I kinda' feel bad for the guy. The only reason he won TE was that it was a returning reality show which generally chooses nice guys with touching back stories for the win to please the fans and b/c he's a big guy that fits Vince's mold. He clearly was never going anywhere, but at least, he had a few months with the company.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He just shouldn't have won it point blank. There were others in te that had much more promising attributes than him. This really shits on te to say the least making it seem like it was pointless unless a few of them pop up and get into wwe.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
They need to rethink the whole casting process if they're to do a new season because in my honest opinion there wasn't a single person on that show worthy of winning.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Always a shame to see something like this happen, but nothing you can do. Best of luck to him in his future endeavors.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
What was his gimmick? Silent Rage or Bottled Rage?

Ryan

Reaction score
They need to rethink the whole casting process if they're to do a new season because in my honest opinion there wasn't a single person on that show worthy of winning.

I don't think that show has produced more than one person who still works for WWE and only a handful who worked for them more than a year. For that simple fact, they need to rethink the whole casting process. What is the point of having TE if no one really ever makes it in the end?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Wasn't a fan of the guy and I don't think he had much potential, shouldn't of even won Tough Enough.

@AndyLeavine301 Andy Leavine
On my way to acquire some much needed experience. I'm just gettin' started in this business.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
So one would assume WWE released him so he can work the indy's and potentially in a year or so, if he's impressive, they'll re-hire him.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I don't see why he couldn't have done that with FCW. I guess so they don't have to pay him. And pay someone worthwhile. :p

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Lance Storm's commented on Andy's release. Be interesting to read what Austin says, same with Booker and DeMott etc

Just heard Andy, Winner of WWE Tough Enough released. Winner of the show never made TV , person who did was the one first cut. #Irony

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Infact, DeMott has commented on Andy's release

My hope is andy continues to follow his course and get some well needed experience. I like Andy and wish him much success

So has Austin

Big Andy won Tough Enough. All day long and twice on Sunday. Thanks for your passion and opinions. Like it or not...He won. End of story.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not surprised by this decision. Will be better for Andy as well as he can get some real experience on the indy circuit and try to get back into WWE when he is more polished.

The casting process does need to change and WWE need to be allowed to get involved in the process. With this season the producers of the show were in charge of casting without WWE's help.