Anchor's mouth sewn shut after dog bite

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kellie

Reaction score
A US news anchor who was bitten in the face by a dog during a live television interview says she needed 70 stitches in her lips and nose — and can't talk because her mouth is sewn shut.

Kyle Dyer, of Colorado's 9NEWS morning program, was rushed to Denver Health Medical Centre on February 10 after she was bitten by Max, an Argentine Mastiff that was rescued from an icy pond.

Dyer wrote on her Facebook page on the weekend: "After a 4 hour surgery, I have 70 stitches in my upper lip, lower lip and nose."

"I am unable to talk because my mouth is stitched shut to allow for the skin graft to take and get the blood circulating to my lips again."

Dyer said she was due to see her doctor this week and expected she would need to have another procedure in the next few weeks.

She said she would return to work once she was healed.

Dyer had been leaning in towards Max when he bared his teeth and snapped at her before his owner Michael Robinson could restrain him.

The dog was on the show after being pulled from a freezing reservoir by a firefighter last week, having fallen through the ice while chasing a coyote.

Max's owner has since released a statement saying the dog was gentle and loving and had no history of aggression, the Daily Mail reports.

"This incident truly is unfortunate and does not reflect Max's disposition towards people," the statement said.

Max has been taken by animal control officers and Mr Robinson has been fined.

ninemsn

Here is the link if you want to watch the video, it isnt graphic or anything

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8419644/anchors-mouth-sewn-shut-after-dog-bite

But she must have been crazy to put her face in front of a dog, especially a dog she doesnt even know

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Wow, I really don't know why someone would put their face that close to any animal's face when it is showing its teeth. Sucks for all parties involved because I'm pretty sure they may put the.dog.down.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Wow, I really don't know why someone would put their face that close to any animal's face when it is showing its teeth. Sucks for all parties involved because I'm pretty sure they may put the.dog.down.

They should put the woman down instead, obviously she's too stupid to go on living. Unfortunately you're right, they'll probably put the dog down even though it did nothing wrong.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Well, nobody ever claimed that anyone in the media was smart. What a dumb bitch. The dog did nothing wrong; she invaded the dogs personal space.

Swinny

Reaction score
I don't think they'll put the dog down, hope not at least, she was clearly in fault here. I'm sure it was just one of those things, not really thinking, but she did get in the dog's space, he didn't know her and he was probably also on edge with the whole trapped in an icy pond thing and it would be a real shame to put what I'm sure is a nice dog and has been its whole life down because of something like this.

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Too bad this wasn't Nancy Grace instead...

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
What I still don't understand is why he was fined. I mean, really, she should have known better. Even if he was letting her pet him, she is still a stranger to him. He looked very calm and collective during the whole thing until she got in close.