Amount/Quality of Wrestling...NOT THE PROBLEM

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

KenFan4life

Reaction score
I'm a busy as hell person,so I just stick to most of the mainstream promotions. but my cousin handed me a few RoH dvds though. Anyways whoever started this thread should be crediting me, cause I pretty much gave this thread new life.

Trips V.2

Reaction score
Okay cred given... but I've got a comment to make about your last post.

What does that mean? Every era of wrestling is technically a fad... I don't know what you're getting at.

Rell

Reaction score
I definitely agree with Flair for The Gold. I'm saying this as a wrestling not an ROH fan...ROH is the best wrestling company at the moment. They're not the most popular, they're not the most successful, but when it comes to putting on great shows, Ring Of Honor is definitely the best. They not only put on quality matches, but they have some of the best/original storylines out there, look at Project 161. This storyline has even sucked in TDK as well as Trav, and they're usually anti anything non WWE. I hear people complaining about the quality of WWE & TNA shows week in week out. I honestly rarely hear anyone complain about an ROH show. With that being said, ROH is only an independent promotion (It's slowly moving towards a main-stream audience) and is hard to keep up with at times...I just believe if you want quality wrestling and fun creative storylines, ROH is definitely the way to go.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Roh is a pretty good show, I just have a tough time finding dvds ,cause I don't really trust ordering stuff online.

Bradders

Reaction score
WWE may not have the best wrestling or the best storylines but it still delivers, the only reason I still watch it though is because I can relate to the wrestlers as I have watched them week in week out for the past 10 years and if I stopped it would be hard for me to watch something else because I wouldn't have a clue who most of the guys were.

Reaction score
I definitely agree with Flair for The Gold. I'm saying this as a wrestling not an ROH fan...ROH is the best wrestling company at the moment. They're not the most popular, they're not the most successful, but when it comes to putting on great shows, Ring Of Honor is definitely the best. They not only put on quality matches, but they have some of the best/original storylines out there, look at Project 161. This storyline has even sucked in TDK as well as Trav, and they're usually anti anything non WWE. I hear people complaining about the quality of WWE & TNA shows week in week out. I honestly rarely hear anyone complain about an ROH show. With that being said, ROH is only an independent promotion (It's slowly moving towards a main-stream audience) and is hard to keep up with at times...I just believe if you want quality wrestling and fun creative storylines, ROH is definitely the way to go.

Yeah, theres no question they're growing. And to the guy who had trouble finding DVD's-watch ROH online. There's tons of past main events, and mid card matches on google video. On top of that, theres the ROH video wire which gives a look at current storylines, so check it out.

And as a major point, ROH actually outdrew TNA I believe in the northeast (granted thats kind of ROH's hometown turf), but still, for a promotion without a TV deal to do that, up against one that does have a deal is very impressive.

ROH is IMO the best promotion in the world today, if you want amazing match quality, with believable storylines. They actually HAVE been offered TV deals but turned them down. But in a couple years time, just wait, and we'll see. I wouldn't be suprised to see them get a deal somewhere, and then we can talk real competition to WWE and TNA.