Money in the Bank Ambrose shouldn't win MITB

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
Championships aren't real. Lol. What kind of silly a**hole walks around town with a championship on his shoulder and thinks he's a big shot?

"Hey guys, look at this cool belt on my shoulder! Even though I'm a fat f*ck named Kevin Owens the last thing I look like is a total dou*he, huh?"
who even said anything about wearing a huge golden belt on the street? If you're a ''fake'' champion, you get ''real'' rewards and the office trusts you enough to give you the biggest ''fake'' prize in wrestling. It's a sign that WWE thinks you're one of the best, if not the best, in the world of wrestling. That's big. It's not about the fact that ''wrestling is fake so winning belts don't matter''.

Also, very cool stuff with the censoring right there. The pinnacle of hardcore.

Ring Rust

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The way I judge it is by asking myself "who looks good running down the ramp?". Or who looks good with it? Who has some momentum going into the match?
And, I see no one who has any of that here. None of the competitors are convincing winners though. Owens has been doing nothing out the ordinary. Zayn and Owens should be in a separate match. Ambrose is a bit all of a sudden. I'm still getting used to Cesaro's "00-Swing" gimmick. And Chris Jericho is, a bit too old for my liking.

Forgive me if I have somehow forgotten people. But the participants looked like they were thrown together unplanned. All mid carders who don't have a lot going for them. And since MITB pretty much means guaranteed champ. I don't see anyone convincing as champ. Or the main champ.

If AJ wasn't feuding with Cena he could've and should've been in this match.

The problem here is there are no main eventers. No big names atm.

What bugs me is most of that people a month ago were chasing the IC title.

Oh yeah. I just remembered Del Rio. Tbh, he's the dark horse going into it. The one we don't want to win but might just win it, boosting him to the title picture.

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
The way I judge it is by asking myself "who looks good running down the ramp?". Or who looks good with it? Who has some momentum going into the match?
And, I see no one who has any of that here. None of the competitors are convincing winners though. Owens has been doing nothing out the ordinary. Zayn and Owens should be in a separate match. Ambrose is a bit all of a sudden. I'm still getting used to Cesaro's "00-Swing" gimmick. And Chris Jericho is, a bit too old for my liking.

Forgive me if I have somehow forgotten people. But the participants looked like they were thrown together unplanned. All mid carders who don't have a lot going for them. And since MITB pretty much means guaranteed champ. I don't see anyone convincing as champ. Or the main champ.

If AJ wasn't feuding with Cena he could've and should've been in this match.

The problem here is there are no main eventers. No big names atm.

What bugs me is most of that people a month ago were chasing the IC title.

Oh yeah. I just remembered Del Rio. Tbh, he's the dark horse going into it. The one we don't want to win but might just win it, boosting him to the title picture.
Gonna kinda try to make a small list to kinda show who can win MITB:

1. Dean Ambrose has been in a feud with Chris Jericho, not because they want to push Ambrose necessarily, but because they had nothing for the both of them, so they just put them together in a program to kinda get Ambrose more over. Unfortunately, Asylum matches don't work that well. He's normally in the segments that occur in the middle of the show. I don't think WWE mis-trusts him, but if they wanted him as a main eventer and a champion in the future, I'd think that they'd try to position him more as a top guy. Now, ofcourse, him having the briefcase would make for a cool Shield-scenario, but that's more ''dream booking'' than anything.

2. Chris Jericho, like I already have said, has been in a meaningless feud with Dean Ambrose where he was on the losing end a couple of times. He's 47 now and he's already made. He doesn't need the title, he needs to put younger guys over and have some quality matches. He wouldn't be able to handle the Money in the Bank, as it's a way to get young stars over and chances are that he's probably gonna go back touring with Fozzy in a couple of months. He's not full-time.

3. Alberto del Rio is such a failure. Nothing that he does makes him deserving of a main event push, and I'm sure that WWE sees that. There's just nothing for him, and if he gets the Money in the Bank, I can see the ratings drop the same way they dropped when Sheamus held the title.

4. Cesaro is cool and reasonably over, but I feel like he's just come back and isn't over enough to be the face of the entire company. He should get his moment against The Miz at SummerSlam hopefully, as he would make a good IC Champion, but he's just not being booked that well. He comes off as a star a lot more than he used to, but I don't think his new ''cool suit guy 007'' gimmick is established enough to be giving him such a huge object as the MITB, not to mention that he got pinned twice on the last two PPV's by The Miz.

5. Sami Zayn is really talented and he's really over anyways, but he just came from NXT like 3 months ago, not to mention that he lost his first singles match on PPV to Kevin Owens. He's not been on the main roster long enough to win that briefcase.

6. Kevin Owens is my personal pick to win the MITB. He's been in a lot of opening segments with Shane and Stephanie, to make him look like a bigger star. He's beaten Zayn clean, he's beaten Styles clean, and he's always been positioned as being the biggest star of the four guys in the IC title match from Extreme Rules. It was obvious for me that him losing the title meant that he was going to bigger and better things, and hopefully, that's winning the Money in the Bank ladder match. With the hype and the way they're probably gonna build up Owens a lot more when he does have the briefcase similar to how they did with Rollins, I'm sure that he'd fit that main event picture amazingly.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I think him holding the briefcase would be funny/entertaining though, I can picture him bashing his head with it. In before that actually happens... I hope it does. Would make such a good GIF.

Reactions: Ring Rust

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
This argument about how these "titles" are "fake" is so Blue. You're a wrestling fan, on a wrestling forum elaborating on how titles are "fake". If you're gonna explain how the very foundation of wrestling is fake and useless then you're obviously watching the wrong thing or you're just being a cynical asshole. And I don't see how people think wrestlers don't care about the titles. Why exactly are these guys destroying themselves? Why do boxers bash their brains in? So they can be recognized as the best. Same reason why wrestlers do it. They want to be the best at their profession and the money ain't bad either. If they are the best, then holding a title in their promotion shows that they worked hard enough to be given the status as the face of a company. Being the face of one promotion is better than being the face of another, but I would personally be honored to be told that I am good enough to carry an entire organization. And what person whether it be boxing, MMA or wrestling carries their title around the city?

Anyways, as I continue this book, I will be talking to people who actually understand the concept of "suspension of disbelief". Dean Ambrose shouldn't win it because he wouldn't need it to be elevated to the next level, along with Cesaro. They are easily the top candidates for a Rumble win and subsequent title shot in the next 5 years, but it wouldn't look bad on their resumé or their character evolution, but I personally feel that the Money in the Bank should be used to push people who you wouldn't expect to main event WrestleManias. I'm talking about Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn and Jericho. Owens would be a great heel holder and would add to his incredible list of accolades and would be the final step to pushing him to the World title scene. Zayn would be the best face option and it would attribute to his character and career, in a good way. Jericho is a good option since he was the man who, in kayfabe, invented the idea and it could be a good way to tap off his dwindling career. Basically it would be a good nostalgia run, but that would kind of defeat the purpose that I think the Money in the Bank serves.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
With the way things are shaping up in the WWEWHC title picture right now Ambrose makes sense. Sure it's predictable but that isn't always a bad thing. The shield triple threat is probably one of--if not the most anticipated matches in WWE right now. Obviously WM main event worthy and all three former members are now active...why not start the build?

Krendall

The Showoff
Reaction score
For me it's anyone but Del Rio.

I've probably just jinxed it by typing that.
:facepalm2:

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Ambrose should stick in the upper midcard going for the IC title and such. Don't really see him being da man.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I almost expect Cesaro to win. They love a surprise winner for these...

Anyway I agree. The only real reason to justify Ambrose main eventing at this point (typing that SUCKS) is the Shield revenge. Storyline wise I want it to happen, otherwise though, he's just beyond repair. Owens FTW.