Money in the Bank Ambrose shouldn't win MITB

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
So far Dean is seeming like the obvious choice to win the MITB breifcase. And as much as I like the guy personally, I definitely don't think he should win the briefcase.

The last time I remember Ambrose being enthralling at all was against Triple H, and before that Kevin Owens. Since then everything he's been in has been some of the least interesting parts of the WWE.

Whereas another qualifier in the ladder match, Kevin Owens, has been the brightspot of the last couple of PPVs/whatever segments I have seen. If anyone deserves it right now it'd be him, and then probably Cesaro. But I just don't see it happening, and it sucks.

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
Never thought Ambrose was a strong contender for the MITB. It seems that everyone really wants him to win it so he can be in the main event feud with Rollins & Reigns. I think the best case scenario is to save that three way SHIELD title feud for Mania.

I honestly thought Kevin Owens was a lock for MITB with the rumors of a big push but with the rumors of ADR being mad about his position, I would not be shocked if he won it. Third wise, I'd see Jericho being a surprise winner if they wanted to piss people off and have a huge backlash.

I'd love to see Cesaro win it cause I don't see him getting a title shot himself if they are sticking with one world title w/ the brand split, as I see everyone else would eventually get a World title opportunity.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Never thought Ambrose was a strong contender for the MITB. It seems that everyone really wants him to win it so he can be in the main event feud with Rollins & Reigns. I think the best case scenario is to save that three way SHIELD title feud for Mania.

I honestly thought Kevin Owens was a lock for MITB with the rumors of a big push but with the rumors of ADR being mad about his position, I would not be shocked if he won it. Third wise, I'd see Jericho being a surprise winner if they wanted to piss people off and have a huge backlash.

I'd love to see Cesaro win it cause I don't see him getting a title shot himself if they are sticking with one world title w/ the brand split, as I see everyone else would eventually get a World title opportunity.
Have a small gut feeling Del Rio may win as well, but with all the the new talent maybe they can afford to lose ADR. Again. Albeit, it's a pretty big loss. I dunno, have him feud with Rusev at least.

Having another MITB winner like Sheamus is just pretty underwhelming, though.

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
Have a small gut feeling Del Rio may win as well, but with all the the new talent maybe they can afford to lose ADR. Again. Albeit, it's a pretty big loss. I dunno, have him feud with Rusev at least.

Having another MITB winner like Sheamus is just pretty underwhelming, though.
Would be underwhelming but with the brand split and the whole rumor of Del Rio being promised a main event spot when he came back just adds fuel to the fire for me.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
As much as I dig Ambrose, I'd love it if KO or Cesaro won. But, since we're getting a Shield triple-threat, I can't help but be cool with it.

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
Saying Owens deserves it kills your entire argument... Deserving something means nothing in wrestling, Triple H said it himself.. They're competing for fake championships.. All they deserve if they do well is a bigger paycheck, not some fake championship they probably don't care about..

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
As long as they plan for a shield triple threat at mania 33, im all in for Dean winning MITB. It would be the perfect main event at mania.

Otherwise, KO or Cesaro should win. All in all, because of the brand split, superstars have a better opportunity to become bigger names regardless. So even if sea wins, it's not a big deal for Owens or Cesaro. One of them can main event on smackdown and if they bring back the WHC, well, that'll simply give more opportunity to these guys.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Saying Owens deserves it kills your entire argument... Deserving something means nothing in wrestling, Triple H said it himself.. They're competing for fake championships.. All they deserve if they do well is a bigger paycheck, not some fake championship they probably don't care about..

It is pretty hilarious when people are like "diz guy is a 7x champion!". As if they Micheal Jordan'd those "fake" Championships.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score

Saying the wrestlers don't care about title runs is sorta disingenuous, at best. The titles are important on a number of levels, even if we're just looking at what they mean to a guy's career and position in the wrestling public's imagination.

By the way, I don't remember HHH saying anything about "fake championships". The only guy I remember pulling that one out was Hogan.

(Note: not saying HHH didn't say it; I just don't remember it but remember Hogan's very public...well, as public as a TNA broadcast gets, anyway...and boneheaded statement about the Dudleyz "fake championships".)

To the OP, I'd love to see another ADR MITB run (it also gets Punk off of that "only guy to win MITB twice" schtick). His first one was excellent and ADR is a tremendous wrestler.

wk

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Holding a belt means bigger paychecks. All the champions get champions bonuses on their checks.

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
yeah man, they don't even care! They worked their entire life for what? Fake championships? Pfff, how gay, am I right? Working their entire life and putting a shit ton of effort in when it's not even real, guys! They're breaking their bodies for nothing, wrestling is fake! Hasn't Owens gotten the memo yet? Smh..

If someone is good at their job and better than most others because of the work and effort they put in to get to that level, they deserve some level of recognition for their efforts over the years. You can't get a promotion in wrestling like you would with other jobs, so they just reward you with a bigger paycheck and a championship to add to your value, to make more money and be a bigger draw. If you honestly think a guy like Kevin Owens, who has worked his fucking ass off to get to the spotlight that he's in now, would look at the WWE World Heavyweight Championship in his hands after winning it for example and be like ''man, what is this gay fake shit smh I don't care I want money'', you're obviously not the smartest in the family.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Championships aren't real. Lol. What kind of silly a**hole walks around town with a championship on his shoulder and thinks he's a big shot?

"Hey guys, look at this cool belt on my shoulder! Even though I'm a fat f*ck named Kevin Owens the last thing I look like is a total dou*he, huh?"

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Championships aren't real. Lol. What kind of silly a**hole walks around town with a championship on his shoulder and thinks he's a big shot?

"Hey guys, look at this cool belt on my shoulder! Even though I'm a fat f*ck named Kevin Owens the last thing I look like is a total dou*he, huh?"
If I was Kevin Owens and won the title that I've been fighting to get my whole life, I'd wear it around places. Brock brought his title to a restaurant shortly after he won it and he was wearing it all over.

I'm sorry but if you win the WWE WHC it does count for something. It mean that as of that moment you're the best in the sport. You're the top dog.