Movies Amazing Spider-Man 2

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
http://thedailybugle.tumblr.com/

So only a few months left until this movie hits theatres, time to start discussing all this media frenzy they are throwing behind it.

On the Daily Bugle tumblr, they have been giving news updates from, or on numerous characters in the Marvel U. Mentions include J. Jonah Jameson, Ned Leeds(Hobgoblin), Herman Schultz(Shocker), Eddie Brock(Venom/Anti-Venom/Toxin), Otto Octavius(Doc Ock), and the events following ASM1 explaining Curt Connors(The Lizard) has been locked up in Ryker's, with a mention to Ravencroft Institute for the Criminally Insane.

In the trailer, we can see Rhino, Green Goblin, and Electro(all of whom have been previously announced), as well as the mechanical arms that make Doc Ock so famous, and a set of mechanical wings associated with The Vulture.

We have also been notified by Fox that they have Venom and The Sinister Six movies in development.

Is Fox just covering bases, in an attempt to keep copyrights over certain Spider-Man characters, or are we really seeing a true advancement of the expansion of the Spider-Family?

Both Eddie Brock and Flash Thompson have been Venom at some point in the comics, with Flash being the clearly more heroic of the two, so what can we expect to see with that movie?

With a roster that nearly included every single villain at some point, The Sinister Six could include anyone really. Based on what we have, Shocker, Electro, Doc Ock, Hobgoblin, Lizard, Rhino, and Green Goblin could all have a chance, but with Jameson being talked about, and Venom on deck there is also a chance to see Mac Gargan(The Scorpion) introduced, who was Venom between Eddie & Flash. Then there is always the chance that in the remaining months other villains could be discussed by The Daily Bugle, like Mysterio(a character that if he finds him self alone in the movies should only take up a pre-opening credits scene), Puma, Sandman, Hydroman, etc.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Is the last guy in from the last movie in it? Hated him and his skateboarding swaggotry.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Is the last guy in from the last movie in it? Hated him and his skateboarding swaggotry.

If you mean Andrew Garfield I believe he is.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

anyone is better than emo Tobey Maguire who was far too old when he got the part.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I still liked the first Spider-man movie Tobey did regardless.

Haven't even been able to get into this revamp at all.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Still Andrew Garfield, who although I thought was far too much of a hipster fag to be geeky Parker, actually builds his web shooters, so he gets a barely passable grade from me.

The revamp had some faults, but as a fan of the comics it felt more like a tribute to the source material by including George & Gwen Stacy. My biggest issues remain as Ben
's quote being stretched out, and the lack of the wrestling match. The special effects, and dialogue actually felt like they fit.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I agree the Ben thing was annoying. And the no match. But I also understand not doing it

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The wrestling match is so damned essential to the story though. Its very rare a wrestling and comic book fan can be pleased in an origin story, and Spider-Man was my favourite as a child because of his wrestling history. Atleast they did the nod to it with him falling into the ring at one point.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The wrestling match is so damned essential to the story though. Its very rare a wrestling and comic book fan can be pleased in an origin story, and Spider-Man was my favourite as a child because of his wrestling history. Atleast they did the nod to it with him falling into the ring at one point.

the only way to have done it and not have the audience get bored was to not do it at all. Savage also died while filiming could have had a small effect on it. But seeing it again that soon after originally seeing it. It'd have been difficult to make it it's own movie if you included that scene it'd really have felt to much like a repeat.

Though doing it over again and keeping Bruce Campbell could have been a load of possibilities.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Fox should have thought about that before rebooting a movie that was only 10 years old when they decided to do it.

Also, why couldn't it have been in a montage scene? The 90's cartoon opening segment retold the origins every episode in about 60 seconds. Not asking for a full length match in the movie, but they could have at least shown he wrestled and quit.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'm pretty excited to see this. I enjoy Garfield's work as Spidey. I know a bunch of comic fans that really enjoy his work. I always understood Peter Park to be much like how he was portrayed.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
And as a side note. In the comics Otto Octavius took over the body of Peter Parker to become The Superior Spider-Man, but as it turns out before this movie gets released, they are going back to Amazing Spider-Man #1. Cant risk confusing the 3 people who might actually buy a comic book because of what they saw in a movie!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Garfield is a much better actor than Maguire no doubt. But for me Remi did a good job at least with the first two Spiderman films, and like others have said this just seemed like a needless retelling so soon after the event.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
And as a side note. In the comics Otto Octavius took over the body of Peter Parker to become The Superior Spider-Man, but as it turns out before this movie gets released, they are going back to Amazing Spider-Man #1. Cant risk confusing the 3 people who might actually buy a comic book because of what they saw in a movie!

My thoughts exactly.... Not much more they can do with Superior Spiderman however, they really fluffed it multiple times, getting rid of Peter in 10, having turn into a complete asshole in 13 or 14, then not captializing on Peter Parker's mental return/plus so much they could done with Spiderman 3000... It sucks lol.

As for the movie, first one was terrible - all flash, no substance; can't see this one