Alphabet Mafia: The Potato Wars Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ace

Reaction score
Using definitive language in your reads of other players and situations is fine

The problems begin when you use it to justify how you yourself would or wouldn’t act, because none of us are reliable narrators when it comes to ourselves
I mean I'm honestly more comfortable being definitive on how I would react to situations than how others would react to the same situations since I understand my own mind better than others. So I don't agree.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Uhhh

you know what I cba

Reactions: Odo

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I prefer not to speak

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
You said being definitive looked scummy rather than saying more likely / less likely.

I'm showing you that I use definitive language in my reads and explanations and shit frequently. That's all I'm trying to say.
This is such horse shit, he was clearly saying using absolute terms when defending YOURSELF makes it less genuine. You replied that

Pretty sure if you read back on my past town games you'll see me saying things like "I just don't do this as scum" as an absolute rather often tbh.

I don't really see any point in discussing this further.
And here you quite clearly fucking say we would find you saying these things about yourself, to which he asked for examples of and instead you quote a load of shite about reading other people as if you misunderstood the point when you clearly show here that you understand it. Also noticed you went out of your way to find quotes to shade me too despite it being unrelated it’s almost like there’s an agenda here

Ace

Reaction score
This is such horse shit, he was clearly saying using absolute terms when defending YOURSELF makes it less genuine. You replied that

And here you quite clearly fucking say we would find you saying these things about yourself, to which he asked for examples of and instead you quote a load of shite about reading other people as if you misunderstood the point when you clearly show here that you understand it. Also noticed you went out of your way to find quotes to shade me too despite it being unrelated it’s almost like there’s an agenda here
There weren't many posts of me defending myself since iirc few people actually read me scum. If there were I'd have used them too.

And I picked my last town game where I also (correctly) read you scum. Would you have liked me to look 2 or 3 town games back instead to purposefully not have you mentioned in the posts? :swaggyp

Also, if I'm scum, why would I read back and pick out posts that, you claim, don't prove what Odo wants them to? (I think they prove it albeit not in the way he specifically asked for but anyway)
I could easily have just not read back and said fuck that, dont feel like it, but instead you think I purposefully "misunderstood" .

If im scum im arguably more likely to be actively conscious of giving quotes that don't fit Odo's request ffs.

Ace

Reaction score
I mean fuck me, if I get lynched because I said 'definitely' instead of 'likely' or whatever it was then i dont even fucking know

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
There weren't many posts of me defending myself since iirc few people actually read me scum. If there were I'd have used them too.

And I picked my last town game where I also (correctly) read you scum. Would you have liked me to look 2 or 3 town games back instead to purposefully not have you mentioned in the posts? :swaggyp

Also, if I'm scum, why would I read back and pick out posts that, you claim, don't prove what Odo wants them to? (I think they prove it albeit not in the way he specifically asked for but anyway)
I could easily have just not read back and said fuck that, dont feel like it, but instead you think I purposefully "misunderstood" .

If im scum im arguably more likely to be actively conscious of giving quotes that don't fit Odo's request ffs.
No I’d expect you to quote quotes that actually prove your point instead of furthering your agenda lmao. You showing you were right on me in a previous game does nothing, it’s not relevant to this game especially the problem is people just don’t agree with your take around the events that happened this game.

And because you evidently find posts that did back up what you were saying, so you decided to change the goal posts instead and act like it’s the same thing even though you made it pretty clear you understood what he was saying in the first instance. And no, you couldn’t just say fuck that after saying there would be “plenty of examples” when asked for examples because that would obviously make you look like you’re full of shit lmao. I’d probably more expect you to tell Odo to fuck off as town than as scum

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Didn’t find posts that was meant to say

Rugrat

~TOWN LEADER~
Reaction score
I sink dat it's Poyser's mafia heritage to have potatoes thrown at him.

What is my mafia win loss ratio this year? 3-0. That means last game I had more successful lynches than all the other players put together. RESPEC MAN!

Reactions: CraigPelton

Ace

Reaction score
No I’d expect you to quote quotes that actually prove your point instead of furthering your agenda lmao. You showing you were right on me in a previous game does nothing, it’s not relevant to this game especially the problem is people just don’t agree with your take around the events that happened this game.

And because you evidently find posts that did back up what you were saying, so you decided to change the goal posts instead and act like it’s the same thing even though you made it pretty clear you understood what he was saying in the first instance. And no, you couldn’t just say fuck that after saying there would be “plenty of examples” when asked for examples because that would obviously make you look like you’re full of shit lmao. I’d probably more expect you to tell Odo to fuck off as town than as scum

Let's be clear - didn't pretend like they're the same thing.

In the multiquote post i literally said:

"Went back to my last town game (Mafia Mystery Mafia - not all of these will be exactly what you're looking for but they should give a good linguistic case study lmao"

So I don't know why you're trying to paint this as if I was faking a misunderstanding.

Chloe B

Reaction score
I sink dat it's Poyser's mafia eritage to have potatoes thrown at him.

What is my mafia win loss ratio this year? 3-0. That means last game I had more successful lynches than all the other players put together. RESPEC MAN!

• Haha
Reactions: Rugrat