Alphabet Mafia: The Potato Wars Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl

Ace

Reaction score
Examples?

Went back to my last town game (Mafia Mystery Mafia - not all of these will be exactly what you're looking for but they should give a good linguistic case study lmao

Chimp claiming Miller is just not something he'd fake. And given the relative unlikeliness of having Millers these days but combined with Blaine having experience from this mobile game, leads me to believe the millier claim is legit.

Indifferent to Juice contesting the claim as it feels like it could just as easy be scum shading the miller claim and then realising she was wrong so quickly backtracking, as it is that she was genuinely arguing against miller self-knowing.

BINGO!

This feels pretty weak for Magic? I know and agree with the mass-post thing but it is pretty cheap to use as a justification to 'follow odo and cp'

Are these vote counts correct? Because it would imply Chimp is Miller + Double Voter, and one of Odo, CP, and Magic have no vote?
I'm guessing it was just a botch though.

Not a dig at Jeff but more at this being a common occurence - why the fuck do people think they get to decide if a wagon on them is good enough or not as to whether they claim? If you're in claim territory, you claim. [I know Jeff wasn't yet]. Anything else is anti-town play as even if the motivation on you is shit, it gives insight into those who pushed it.

You absolutely got out of immediate suss with your claim, as people thought you were at worst likely to be 3P.
It's not to say you didn't also manipulate town into giving you a stronger pro-town read as the game went on, but the claim, rather than play, was definitely the catalyst.

[Interjection at this point of my read - Odo's shtick with Jeff makes me read him town, regardless of whether he's right or wrong on Jeff]

[Second interjection - Poyser is feeling WEAK at this point particularly around the Odo/Jeff shtick where Jeff claims and Odo asks Poyser about fake anger and Poyser kinda just goes along with Odo quietly rather than having any conviction] ED: Saw this during the readback which backs up my view of Poyser's scum meta

I find this interesting; Blaine has played on this forum before so he knows about x-shot roles. Any reason not to believe he would use some?

[boo to drama, modkill]

[Poyser's increase in *aggression* post-Odo's flip also feels like an unconscious attempt to take more control now that Odo's gone, since Odo is the sort of guy who would threaten a Poyser attempt to control town as scum.

___

Vote Poyser for previously stated reasons.

I currently lean town on Jeff but feel I will read him better as the game goes on so very much a pencilled-in town lean.
Magic feels town based on his play which looks genuinely like he's hunting and making authentic points.
Banez feels like low-hanging fruit right now as its easy to make a case on his weird play but also its not something I'd be surprised to see him do as town.
Juice remains null. CP feels town.
Noone else is particularly pinging me atm
I respect your game enough to know that you absolutely wouldn't be averse to an early buss play of some sort, particularly one on Banez [All due respect etc]

I mean I was the first one to suss Alco and was very eager to jump back upon his wagon last game. This would be a similar play.

Again, I'm not saying I lean towards this being a bus rather than it not being one, just that I consider a bus possible and therefore am happy to keep a scumlean on both of you.

I don't know why you're so hung up on me and the bus discussion when it was clearly just me saying that I suss both of you and don't see it unfeasible that I could be right on both, as opposed to the alternative which would be that I would have to rethink my reads.

That said I take on board that there is clearly some chance that you will end up claiming and suggesting a power role or at least one that will be convincing enough for us not to lynch you, and then claiming VT or something is simply not a viable play.
Actually yeah I'm gonna just flat-out retract my argument around Poyser potentially claiming VT cos im dumb and that clearly won't be the case in this situation.

Still suss Poyser but the whole 'WIFOM about power role" thing I said is dumb
Actually skimmed back and Doddsy's tunnel on Poyser is definitely forced and starts pretty much immediately.

That said I don't think he does that as scum and is far more likely some weird role like a lyncher or even a fool [dear god please let there not be a fool in a forum mafia game].

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Can you guys read the OP ffs

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Ace my man, I’m looking for examples of you defending yourself in the way you have this game lol

Ace

Reaction score
Also @Odo you get a free bonus tidbit if you expand the first of my quotes from in the MQ.

Chloe B

Reaction score
Vote Count:

Juice (1) - Rugrat
Ace (3) - Poyser, Odo, Alco
Poyser (1) - Ace
T'Challa (1) - Juice

POTATO COUNT:

Odo (1) - Juice
Poyser (1) - T'Challa

Over 23 hours left​

Last edited:

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
But I don’t think Poyser went along with me quietly? He literally disagreed with me in his first post?

Ace

Reaction score
Ace my man, I’m looking for examples of you defending yourself in the way you have this game lol
You said being definitive looked scummy rather than saying more likely / less likely.

I'm showing you that I use definitive language in my reads and explanations and shit frequently. That's all I'm trying to say.

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
You said being definitive looked scummy rather than saying more likely / less likely.

I'm showing you that I use definitive language in my reads and explanations and shit frequently. That's all I'm trying to say.

Using definitive language in your reads of other players and situations is fine

The problems begin when you use it to justify how you yourself would or wouldn’t act, because none of us are reliable narrators when it comes to ourselves

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl

Ace

Reaction score
But I don’t think Poyser went along with me quietly? He literally disagreed with me in his first post?
I know he didn't. I still think it combined with other posts around it felt less... aggressive? convicted? .... than I would usually expect from him as town.

I've got a good track record of reading Poyser as scum and his play just fell into this category for me early.

They were literally my opening reads based on what was largely a fluffy beginning phase so if you' were expecting much more than "he just feels off to me based on how I understand his meta" then I don't have the goods to satisfy your expectations.