Allen confirmed by Raiders

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Sky Sports said:
The Oakland Raiders have officially announced that Denver Broncos defensive coordinator Dennis Allen will be their new head coach.

Recent reports have suggested that Allen had been chosen to replace previous Raiders head coach Hue Jackson, and the deal was finalised on Thursday.

Allen becomes Oakland's seventh head coach since 2003 and joins a team that has gone nine straight seasons without a winning record or a spot in the play-offs.

He is also the first head coaching hire of new general manager Reggie McKenzie, who was appointed to take charge of personnel decisions following the death of owner Al Davis.

Allen becomes the first defensive coach to take charge of the Raiders since John Madden was hired in 1969.

The 39-year-old, who spent just one year as defensive coordinator for the Broncos, has also served on the coaching staff of the Atlanta Falcons and New Orleans Saints.

Suppose its good, what do you guys think?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Well they had the 20th ranked defense in the NFL under this guy so I'm not sure its such a good move. Still not entirely sure why Jackson was let go considering they had a decent season but perhaps its just due to a regime change in the front office.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I think the Raiders need some consistent leaders. A consistent coach and a consistent QB. The most consistent thing going for the Raiders is their defensive back core... but who does that benefit?

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
The Raiders should have kept Jackson, but with Al Davis passing away and a actual GM who handles the operations I can see why this happened. My question is who they will make their starting QB next season. Palmer came in from not playing since last season and did ok but had a few bad games or Jason Campbell. I actually thought that the team was doing better with Campbell than Palmer. And now Greg Knapp has signed on as the OC from Houston.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I don't think it will matter who the coach is. The problem is they have no consistency. And as was brought up, who is the starting QB? Palmer did OK, but the offense seemed to respond more to Campbell. Either way, the Raiders will still suck.

Reaction score
To be fair, Allen is a great mind, and that's really what they hire people on. Results aren't always up to par because players don't play or the talent isn't there. It's really more of a where your mind is at question.

Reactions: 1 person