All Japan Pro Wrestling & WWE reportedly sets a deal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Will this actually lead to anything or is it just for appearances sake. I can't see WWE sending too many guys over to work AJPW shows although I could see WWE trying to take AJPWs best talent. I don't expect much to come from this agreement.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I said on an old forum I was on that WWE needs to set up partnerships with different promotions around the world where they can send off developmental or lower tier guys to go and gain new knowledge and experiences. That seems to be one of the most common things mentioned in DVD's for example of the older generation like Jericho who worked all around the world before getting his big break, something todays guys don't do.

Last edited:

TKK

Reaction score
This will do heaps for AJPW. If WWE decide to send their developmental talent to the AJPW dojo for two years and then, have them work FCW the success rate and in ring abilities of their homegrown stars will be far greater.

It's really unlikely, but seeing Kenny Omega in the WWE as part of a talent exchange would be awesome.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I said on an old forum I was on that WWE needs to set up partnerships with different promotions around the world where they can send off developmental or lower tier guys to go and gain new knowledge and experiences. That seems to be one of the most common things mentioned in DVD's for example of the older generation like Jericho who worked all around the world before getting his big break, something todays guys don't do.

I really like this idea but I doubt WWE will implement something like it and it would be tough to convince some of the workers to do it as they would have to move overseas for a year or two. It would be great if every new wrestler signed had to spend a year in Japan, a year in Mexico and then a year in FCW before they are promoted but it would cost WWE too much to do. I agree that it would produce better talents as they would have exposure to different styles of wrestling worldwide.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I really like this idea but I doubt WWE will implement something like it and it would be tough to convince some of the workers to do it as they would have to move overseas for a year or two. It would be great if every new wrestler signed had to spend a year in Japan, a year in Mexico and then a year in FCW before they are promoted but it would cost WWE too much to do. I agree that it would produce better talents as they would have exposure to different styles of wrestling worldwide.
You'd be surprised, I bet a whole heap of the talent would relish the opportunity to go and work around the world. Also, they wouldn't need to move away for a year or two because they're not learning to wrestle, just working a different style however Mexico would be different. Now I don't watch Japanese wrestling but from what i've read from people it's a more stiff working style so you wouldn't nowhere near as long to adapt to it unlike Lucha Libre I would imagine.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'd imagine if WWE's younger talent was smart they would take the amazing opportunity to get as much experience as possible. Imagine traveling the world and making a name for yourself in the same process, that would be wicked.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Apparently there isn't much to the WWE-All Japan story that was originally reported in the Japanese media last week. It's really just that AJPW officials took John Laurinaitis out to dinner back in August and pitched him the idea of making AJPW a WWE affiliate. By that point, Laurinaitis had already lost all of his power within WWE. WWE hasn't been in the habit of supporting or buying foreign wrestling companies.

Reaction score
Apparently there isn't much to the WWE-All Japan story that was originally reported in the Japanese media last week. It's really just that AJPW officials took John Laurinaitis out to dinner back in August and pitched him the idea of making AJPW a WWE affiliate. By that point, Laurinaitis had already lost all of his power within WWE. WWE hasn't been in the habit of supporting or buying foreign wrestling companies.

well that sucks! i would've loved to have seen that! AJPW is my favorite wrestling promotion next to chikara!

Status
Not open for further replies.