All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

V-Trigger

Reaction score
Rocky with some high praise for Cody

d70e9633f744ec6f2e7480f6a02b9dba.jpg

Reaction score
Are they turning The Inner Circle babyface? I wouldn’t want my top heel group being so damn entertaining a month into their run. Especially with the AEW fanbase where its almost impossible to get heel heat unless your a librarian or the dark order and that’s more apathy than heel heat.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Jericho can't help it.....he thinks his schtick is drawing 90s heat because he's playing a dork.

Too bad the vast majority of the rasslin audience are dorks who buy his stupid tees and think his use of 80s tv commercial catchphrases are genius.

Next tee shirt is going to be "where's the beef?".

V-Trigger

Reaction score
Are they turning The Inner Circle babyface? I wouldn’t want my top heel group being so damn entertaining a month into their run. Especially with the AEW fanbase where its almost impossible to get heel heat unless your a librarian or the dark order and that’s more apathy than heel heat.

Not at all. Jericho is just doing the same thing he's always done. Be entertaining. He's also booed pretty heavily during matches. Aew crowds are super respectful about booing the bad guys and cheering the good guys. For a perceived smark fanbase, they don't act smarky very often. Pac was a good example last night, Trent got crazy cheers and chants because Pac was being a dick.

Cody said a while ago that he doesn't believe faces/heels exist anymore. As a general rule they go for layered characters. Inner circle are most definitely pure heels though. But you can also have someone like Mox who is a psychopathic babyface. Makes for a more interesting dynamic. There's a reason why most tv shows have a lot of layered bad guys and flawed good guys. It's more realistic

Reactions: Hoss and Jimmy King

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I agree with V-Trigger here. Nothing wrong with Jericho and The Inner Circle shooting a comedy skit because when it comes down to it, fans are still against them and they can be "true heels" when necessary. Just like last week when they attacked The Rock n Roll Express and Dustin. Fans were fuming. Your heels don't have to be genuinely unenjoyable to watch, they can be entertaining and just as long as they're big enough pricks to root against, you're good. At least that's how I feel about it.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Cody also retracted that statement about heels/faces sayin' more that lines can be blurred but you still need fans to get behind someone and still have people you really want to see lose.

I'm still goin' boo and cheer for who I like personally. I'm not gonna let bookin' dictate that. Like personally if I went to an AEW show I'd boo everything the Private Party does wrong.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not at all. Jericho is just doing the same thing he's always done. Be entertaining. He's also booed pretty heavily during matches. Aew crowds are super respectful about booing the bad guys and cheering the good guys. For a perceived smark fanbase, they don't act smarky very often. Pac was a good example last night, Trent got crazy cheers and chants because Pac was being a dick.

Cody said a while ago that he doesn't believe faces/heels exist anymore. As a general rule they go for layered characters. Inner circle are most definitely pure heels though. But you can also have someone like Mox who is a psychopathic babyface. Makes for a more interesting dynamic. There's a reason why most tv shows have a lot of layered bad guys and flawed good guys. It's more realistic
Its funny cause Jericho has been very vocal about hating cool heels like the NWO.He said he only did the comedy stuff as a heel when he was a midcarder yet now he’s a main event world champion with a group of mostly unknown heels and their trying to have it both ways being the vicious heels & funny cool guys.

I think that muddy’s the water and then you don’t get emotional reactions you get we’re playing along reactions.This and the promo a couple weeks back are trying way too hard to have it both ways.He’s also said many times he just wished heels would be real heels and not go from being jerks to likable because it makes it way harder for the babyfaces.

Don’t get me wrong I thought that segment was tremendous I just thought it was also very counterproductive.

Last edited:

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Its funny cause Jericho has been very vocal about hating cool heels like the NWO.He said he only did the comedy stuff as a heel when he was a midcarder yet now he’s a main event world champion with a group of mostly unknown heels and their trying to have it both ways being the vicious heels & funny cool guys.

I think that muddy’s the water and then you don’t get emotional reactions you get we’re playing along reactions.This and the promo a couple weeks back are trying way too hard to have it both ways.He’s also said many times he just wished heels would be real heels and not go from being jerks to likable because it makes it way harder for the babyfaces.

Don’t get me wrong I thought that segment was tremendous I just thought it was also very counterproductive.

Now you do have some fair points about Jericho contradicting himself but at this point, no one is really surprised when he does that. :lmao

Just wait for Full Gear though. I guarantee Cody will get a hero's welcome and Jericho will get booed out of the building. As long as that's the case, it's all gravy imo.

Reaction score
Now you do have some fair points about Jericho contradicting himself but at this point, no one is really surprised when he does that. :lmao

Just wait for Full Gear though. I guarantee Cody will get a hero's welcome and Jericho will get booed out of the building. As long as that's the case, it's all gravy imo.
I’m sure Cody will get a hero’s welcome but that has little to do with what their doing in this storyline.I thought Cody’s promo was great last night but the fact that Jericho is being funny on the go home show left me with no emotional investment in who wins & loses.
This is a feud that started by Jericho calling Cody’s dead father a son of a bitch so this way of storytelling seems a little schizophrenic to me.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I hope Jericho wins so Cody can come up with some sloppy loophole to stay in the title hunt.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Not sure why they're burning through a feud with two of their absolute best so early.

I'm not interested in another Omega feud with Jericho.....nor do I want to see Moxley in a title hunt either......

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Not sure why they're burning through a feud with two of their absolute best so early.

I'm not interested in another Omega feud with Jericho.....nor do I want to see Moxley in a title hunt either......

They can stretch this to be a really long term feud. And I would say most of the fanbase would love Mox in the title hunt. Omega... well, they really need to get him back on track because he has been quite unimpressive in AEW.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Omega bein' unimpressive so far is the point of his current direction. I think it was his own idea to struggle and then like make a huge comeback run for the belt after they've established some other stars.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Omega bein' unimpressive so far is the point of his current direction. I think it was his own idea to struggle and then like make a huge comeback run for the belt after they've established some other stars.

I think it was but I mean everything about him from his promos to his matches to his general character work has just been mediocre if not bad. But he can bounce back, I'm sure.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team