All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Interesting call by commentary saying Guevara vs. Page could be a main event match up 10 years from now. 10 years? Damn, give them a little more credit than that. As a match, it's exactly what I expected from these two. Which was good for the opener but it didn't set the world ablaze. Tough decision on this one because it feels like both of these guys needed to win here but I guess Page more so since he's supposed to be an actual impact player right now and Guevara is still on the come up.

I'm kind of unsure how to react to AEW signing this Shanna girl. I've never heard of her, she seems like a good enough wrestler but like, most of this women's roster can't get on Dynamite as it is. However, I will say, I kinda like that not everyone is on the show every week. So maybe I shouldn't complain. Good to hear Shida is here to stay now. She's definitely gonna win that Women's Championship and I don't think it's gonna take long to do so. This match was actually probably better than the opener. Good job by both ladies.

Bro where the hell did this Brandi Rhodes character come from? I was damn near laughing out loud at that vignette because it was just so fucking out of nowhere. Obviously, it all has something to do with Kong which quite honestly doesn't help matters because I'm passed the point of really wanting an Awesome Kong run. Not a fan of this whole thing right now to say the least.

Man that attack on The Rock n' Roll Express got Santana and Ortiz some serious heat. I'm not really clamoring to see Morton and Gibson wrestling in AEW but using them in this capacity is a great way to get Santana and Ortiz over, so I'm all for it.

The Best Friends and Orange Cassidy versus The JOB Squad 2019 was really just… nothing to me. I love Rick & Morty so it was sorta cool to see the crossover here but yeah. It just a segment more or less.

LOVED the contract signing. Both guys were over huge, Jericho getting heat and Cody being adored. Jericho's attire was on point with the pumpkin shirt and leather pants. I really appreciate that they avoided the typical contract signing tropes and came up with a unique angle. Hager battering Dustin helps increase his stock and made him look like a real savage.

The Elite vs. Sabian and TH2 was a spotfest, just as we all would have predicted. I honestly don't think it did much at all to improve Sabian's standing, so I don't know what all the hoopla was for leading into this.

Finally they let Moxley speak! And look what happens… he absolutely hits it out of the park! What a fucking promo.

The main event was a great attempt at an epic but it was a bit botchy and the ending felt really anticlimactic. But looking passed past that, the match was well booked and full of excitement. I actually like SCU taking the titles here. They will be a better opponent for Santana and Ortiz, who I assume will be the next challengers, and The Lucha Bros can be used more in singles work hopefully. This could even lead into some friction down the line somehow, with Daniels upset he couldn't be a part of this crowning moment. We'll see.

Overall I felt this week was a step up on last week for sure. It was great to get multiple promos for once. :lol: I was also pleased to have some fresh faces competing in the obligatory one women's match this week. They still have some work to do in both of those respects but it's good to see a step forward there. Negatives of the show, I felt, were cramming in the Rick & Morty hype, which just felt so out of place, and of course the Brandi thing.

Last edited:

V-Trigger

Reaction score
How do they keep topping themselves? They really do listen to feedback and adjust so quickly.

People want more in ring promos boom quite a few tonight. Nearly every single performer got character development. More angles than usual. Loved the cold open.

This show brings me so much joy, loved all the matches

Was Kenny's entrance video a hint at a possible Njpw partnership?

In one match Shida and Shanna turned an underwhelming division to a solid one. There were also two more women signees on Dark. Excited about Mercedes Martinez (most over and best wrestler in the battle Royale at All Out).

Can we talk about how ridiculous Fenix is. How can he make the ropes his bitch like that, unbelievable.

Reactions: Hoss and Jimmy King

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
How do they keep topping themselves? They really do listen to feedback and adjust so quickly.

People want more in ring promos boom quite a few tonight. Nearly every single performer got character development. More angles than usual. Loved the cold open.

This show brings me so much joy, loved all the matches

Was Kenny's entrance video a hint at a possible Njpw partnership?

In one match Shida and Shanna turned an underwhelming division to a solid one. There were also two more women signees on Dark. Excited about Mercedes Martinez (most over and best wrestler in the battle Royale at All Out).

Can we talk about how ridiculous Fenix is. How can he make the ropes his bitch like that, unbelievable.

Yeah when I saw that Entrance Video I was like did he just take a shot at Ibushi?! I always thought the big money program when Omega was IWGP World Champion was with Ibushi. I thought for sure he would win the G1 and that didn't happen rather Tanahashi being thrown into the spot randomly I felt. If they got it done would be amazing no doubt, but Omega has a huge Match with Moxley that has me hype so one Match at a time. Shida vs Shanna I thought was solid, and for a fan of Shanna who was once with Stardom I'm happy to see her get spot during this Show. I need Sadie Gibbs on the Main Show though. Shida is one of the best ladies out there today and it just's a matter of time before she's knocking on Riho's Door who is also a Stardom Champion in her own right.

Fenix is amazing no doubt V-trigger. The spot where we duck Sky and still was able to balance himself and get his spot in bet money majority of Wrestlers in Wrestling fuck that shit up.

V-Trigger

Reaction score
MJF was a treat on Dark. Ok show but he was not only entertaining throughout, but put on a clinic on how to do commentary. In character but still put people over even those he didn't like. I want him on every week. The tag main event was very good. Marko got murdered. And the show ended with a snuff film lmao

Excited for the go home show tonight. Moxley is advertised as appearing live (promo?) and also a Cody promo scheduled.

Pac vs Trent. Hangman & Omega vs Jericho & Sammy Guevara also listed on the tnt website.

Reactions: Jimmy King

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
MjF should not be on the B show.....he should be headlining the main show.

And why he isn't getting mic time is damn near sabotage.

V-Trigger

Reaction score
mjf on commentary for Dark is a big selling point. He's already in the main event. Cody and their longterm story together is far more interesting than anything else he'd be doing right now. He will be a headliner in time. No need to rush it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Canada sucks.....my satellite feed keeps cutting the audio.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If Orange Cassidy keeps his hands in his pockets.....PAC can't get him in the rings of Saturn
giphy.gif

Reactions: Vegeta and Chris

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Took me a second to realize that guy in the black shirt wasn't a mark trying to rush the ring.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He's black and blue Cassidy now :lmao

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
That ref fucked up royally.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Can't tell if that ref is just incompetent or this company is really trying to make their officials look like dopes

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Cody really is starting to become Reign of Terror Triple H 2.0.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Schiavone is way too old for an earring

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Holy shit. Cody just tore that microphone a new one! That promo damn near gave me chills. Bring on World Champion Cody, I'm ready.