Alex Riley

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Nope. He ruined his ultimate chance last night when he came out still wearing a suit and a mix between Cole/Miz/Cena's hairstyle still.

I like the style, he will be successful, but this is being executed way too fast. I wouldn't have spoiled the world with his new music/titantron yet. I'd have had him come out last night regular, done what he did, then go into the PPV and be sidelined. Give him 3-6 months to either grow a badass beard, or long hair, or do something to change his look up to separate him from the Miz by appearance.

He still sounds like a twat when he talks, and his look is off. He should have had a lightshow for his entrance, and he should have been wearing long, designed tights.

Anyways, he'll be ONE of the top faces in the E if they play this out properly. People highly underestimated how important Miz is to the E to have been able to give Riley this kind of rub >_>. Still say you gotta change his gimmick up though, and for God's sake please tell me this man has a finisher that actually looks devastating.

...god...

Reaction score
He delivered a hell of a realistic, legit beating, I'm sure Luke would agree there. But anyways, just goes to show, once again Miz/Cole are pretty much part of the most interesting segment on Raw.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
He delivered a hell of a realistic, legit beating, I'm sure Luke would agree there. But anyways, just goes to show, once again Miz/Cole are pretty much part of the most interesting segment on Raw.

No doubt, sang his praises for an amazing fight last week, last night's was just as good if not better. The kid has the IT factor when he's scrapping... I still question his match ability though. Only problem I had is that this seems like it's going to be one of those forced-to-be-long feuds and they kinda rushed into the aggression in this storyline. I really do hope they change his image a bit though, because he could be convincing as shit with a bald-head and Tomko beard dyed red at the tip for a metal-feel, or give him some long hair (but no, too much like Trips then >_>).

I'm not being impatient though, I'm strongly looking forward to next week already. Cole was even great last night during this segment (and this segment only).

...god...

Reaction score
Coles mic work was brilliant last night. But yeah, I'd go for like medium-long hair like below the eyes-chin, not Triple H long. Definitely new tights and unshaven type look.

Rell

Reaction score
What's with this Luke dude being hellbent on changing Riley's look? I hope you aren't serious about that bald head, red beard shit...

...god...

Reaction score
Luke's picturing his dream boy, obv.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
What's with this Luke dude being hellbent on changing Riley's look? I hope you aren't serious about that bald head, red beard shit...

Luke's picturing his dream boy, obv.

Duh!

Nah, just, the suit shit is more a cocky-heel trait, or you've got to be legendary like Flair. Riley's not charismatic enough to pull it off as a face. A new look would be representative of his switch. His flat-top fade is a fucking idiotic haircut.

Rell

Reaction score
His flat-top fade is terrible, but not from a Face standpoint, its just terrible period :roflmao:

I don't think they're trying to make Riley out to be some luvy duvy babyface though. He's a natural heel. He's the VARSITY VILLAIN...

He doesn't need a makeover. As long as he's feuding with Mizanin, the crowd will side with him.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I wasn't nearly as high on him as other seemed to have been prior to his turn, but it's amazing what a couple weeks and a personality change can do. If the WWE can capitalize on this in the coming weeks, he can be a major player and possibly skyrocket to the #3 guy in the company behind Cena and Orton. But I'm not holding my breath though on anything the WWE does and their trackrecord of pushing new breakout guys when they should. They blew it with Bryan, Hart Foundation v2, McIntyre, Swagger, Dolph, Kofi, Barrett, etc, so the chances of them actually pulling through on this and making it work are pretty slim. The only guys recently that I would say have been given the right push has been Miz, and to an extent Del Rio, but it looks like they are fucking it up pretty bad now too. But hopefully I'm wrong with this though. Love the guy now.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I enjoy him more than the Miz. He actually looks like he can kick someones ass, he looks tough, he looks intimidating unlike that jobber he was following around for the past year.

Reaction score
Remember the argument about putting people over? Miz and Cole put Riley over huge last night. 90% of the heat Riley was getting iwas because of them. The only thing Riley has proven he can do is a good beatdown. Not hard, Miz is a dec,ent bumper. I will reserve judgement till I se him in a different feud with a mid carder.

Kaedon

Reaction score
This is the first person Miz has put over and he did a great job taking a shit kicking, also not very hard. Giving and taking a good beating are an art form, you have to look like you have the right fire as youre on offense and you have to sell well on the other end of it. Its very zen.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
^Uhhh Daniel Bryan? lol

I am not sold on him being the next big thing just because, let's face it the ONLY reason the crowd was as hot for him as they were is because the Miz is the #1 heel in the company, anyone could get a good pop while delivering a beatdown. He has a good look and I do think he will be around, but this time a year or two ago people were saying Ted DiBiase is gonna be the future of the WWE. I need to see more than one good beatdown/promo before I get on the love or hate wagon of Riley.

edit- Pretty awesome music for Riley btw

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI