Alberto Del Rio Released (Fired)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
As announced on wwe.com, Alberto Del Rio was released (fired) for unprofessional conduct and a fight with an employee. Thoughts?

Reactions: Kuolema

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Wow. Bye. Good riddance to that sh*** f***.
His gimmick was too good for him.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
No word on whether or not the fight was physical or not, but it had to be a higher up I imagine.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
DESTINY :adr:

Good riddance then. Best of luck to him back down under in Mehico.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
True. I'm just very curious who he aggravated. If it was Kevin Dunn, then god bless Del Rio.
Sig worthy.
If true, I'd hope HHH gave him a nice severance and a pat on the back on the way out.
He**, if true, he'd deserve applause and a standing O from the boys in the back.

Reactions: Nero_x3

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
del.gif

R.I.P in pieces

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Fuck I loved Del Rio a lot. Since his debut, super talented dude. I didn't know many Del Rio fans here other than myself and I think homeboy D'Z but this truly depresses me.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Fuck him, they fired the timekeeper, ffs.

Good wrestler, sometimes even great, IIRC, but not very attractive in terms of charisma or emotional engagement. Never understood what people saw in his character.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Fuck him, they fired the timekeeper, ffs.

Good wrestler, sometimes even great, IIRC, but not very attractive in terms of charisma or emotional engagement. Never understood what people saw in his character.
Good take. WWE should have done their homework before giving a golden gimmick to a tool like Del Rio.
Fuck I loved Del Rio a lot. Since his debut, super talented dude. I didn't know many Del Rio fans here other than myself and I think homeboy D'Z but this truly depresses me.
I don't know about super talented. I liked Del Rio. I wrote a an article about him. He's the very definition of being a complete tool, though

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I hated Del Rio's character. His latest WHC run was probably the most boring reign I've seen in a long time. Whenever he walked down the ramp, I was tempted to turn off the TV.
However, many of the matches he put on were actually pretty great. Nothing spectacular, but looking back, many of his kicks made me cringe because of his physical wrestling style. I can't say I'll miss him, but I'll miss watching him kick the spit out of someone.