Alberto Del Rio Released (Fired)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tgmiveld

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yeah, Del Rio is too skilled to be held back. He's basically a latino Randy Orton, with a better athletic pedigree.
Orton is the best athlete in the business

Del Rio lacked the in ring work Orton has, and is nowhere near as good on the mic. ADR had his shot at the cherry, Orton is still waiting for his

Orton gives the fans something to comeback to, Del Rio never did that

Reaction score
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Come on TNA, I was beginning to enjoy your product, don't muck it up!

also hope he finds success and all, I just don't want to watch him do it. Unless he does a mute gimmick, cuz he can wrestle.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Orton is the best athlete in the business

Del Rio lacked the in ring work Orton has, and is nowhere near as good on the mic. ADR had his shot at the cherry, Orton is still waiting for his

Orton gives the fans something to comeback to, Del Rio never did that
we're watching completely different shows I think.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Slapping a Social Media manager at a time when the talent knows WWE are looking for any reason to cut people... I have to wonder if ADR wasn't deliberately looking for a reason to get fired. You'd think he'd simply ask for his release just like his old comrade Ricardo did, but maybe that wasn't his style. He had to know that the days of him being one of Vince's favorite were long gone (based on how long he's been a directionless midcarder) and that he wasn't bulletproof, plus he's been looking to retire from WWE soon so he could go back to Mexico anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cloud
Reaction score
Slapping the help is the only way to make them understand the hierarchy of things.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I suspect similar to Lockard. I wonder if it was deliberate since he is doing nothing in WWE and was waiting for his contract to expire. Seems like this was an easier option tbh as now he can join Original Sin Cara in Mexico and no doubt be a star attraction.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Update on Del Rio's firing:

While details are still coming in from various sources & wrestlers, the story going around this morning is that Del Rio slapped a Social Media Manager at this weeks television (Likely Raw, since he wasn't on Smackdown).

The lead up to the confrontation started in catering, when sombody (assuming a catering staff member) asked the person (the Social Media Manager) to clean off his plate. The social media manager then joked about how that's "Del Rios Job".

Alberto found out and confronted him. The Social Media Manager didn't apologize and then smiled at him, so Del Rio slapped him.

In the company, the belief is that Del Rio will have his 90 days non-compete clause as per standard in the WWE, which will prevent a move to atleast TNA and more than likely AAA. AAA will be very interested in him, as they continue interest in its U.S. growth.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/n...el-Rio-Update/

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Haha that's quite funny.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
ADR was a guy who had everything to be fantastic but never showed it, he was a good mic worker given horrid material. Sums his run up in general actually.