AJ Styles Explains Why Gillette ‘Toxic Masculinity’ Commercial Angered Him

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
A family member gave the best response on this subject. He said while sexual harassment does happen it is very two sided. He was telling me a coworker got fired for being too flirty with a new employee who was young and dressed provocatively. Apparently he had done it before with other coworkers and they complained. My dad said although they guy harassed her, the problem is if he's a good looking guy she wouldn't have complained. And that's why this is hard to take serious. If Trump grabs a woman by her lower area he's evil(and he probably is), but let's say Brad Pitt has a history of doing so would any woman complain?

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
A family member gave the best response on this subject. He said while sexual harassment does happen it is very two sided. He was telling me a coworker got fired for being too flirty with a new employee who was young and dressed provocatively. Apparently he had done it before with other coworkers and they complained. My dad said although they guy harassed her, the problem is if he's a good looking guy she wouldn't have complained. And that's why this is hard to take serious. If Trump grabs a woman by her lower area he's evil(and he probably is), but let's say Brad Pitt has a history of doing so would any woman complain?

I actually watched a few human studies done on this subject. Like every day people experimenting with this. Whether people like to admit to it or not, an attractive man or woman hitting on them will almost always be taken as a positive and an unattractive man or woman hitting on them will almost always be taken as a negative. Women tend to be more offended than men though by this and I think that has to do with the differences in power. Men are naturally stronger than women so an unattractive man hitting on you can feel threatening, especially if he doesn't let up on it.

I had a dude who walked up to me when I was working. I was 17 at the time. He gave me a poem on a piece of paper and a CD with songs on it. He said he has seen me a lot and would love to get to know me more. I never saw the dude before in my life. I was not attracted to him in any way. Not only did it creep me out, I was terrified to leave the store when my shift ended. I know if he was attractive, I would have felt differently about it. I would have still been cautious but I don't think I would have been sick to my stomach like I was.

Romantic and flirty jesters are only received well when the person you are doing them to find you attractive on some level. Otherwise, it is just creepy. I think that How I Met Your Mother actually touched on this in a few episodes.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
I actually watched a few human studies done on this subject. Like every day people experimenting with this. Whether people like to admit to it or not, an attractive man or woman hitting on them will almost always be taken as a positive and an unattractive man or woman hitting on them will almost always be taken as a negative. Women tend to be more offended than men though by this and I think that has to do with the differences in power. Men are naturally stronger than women so an unattractive man hitting on you can feel threatening, especially if he doesn't let up on it.

I had a dude who walked up to me when I was working. I was 17 at the time. He gave me a poem on a piece of paper and a CD with songs on it. He said he has seen me a lot and would love to get to know me more. I never saw the dude before in my life. I was not attracted to him in any way. Not only did it creep me out, I was terrified to leave the store when my shift ended. I know if he was attractive, I would have felt differently about it. I would have still been cautious but I don't think I would have been sick to my stomach like I was.

Romantic and flirty jesters are only received well when the person you are doing them to find you attractive on some level. Otherwise, it is just creepy. I think that How I Met Your Mother actually touched on this in a few episodes.
Didn't know you where a woman. Well while that is true, the problem is woman abuse it A LOT. And try to get men in trouble for it. If it happens to guys we might be jerks but we don't try to get women in trouble. Though I will admit I did once but that was 11 years ago. I understand to a certain extent I seem to have a reverse psychology effect on women

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Didn't know you where a woman. Well while that is true, the problem is woman abuse it A LOT. And try to get men in trouble for it. If it happens to guys we might be jerks but we don't try to get women in trouble. Though I will admit I did once but that was 11 years ago. I understand to a certain extent I seem to have a reverse psychology effect on women

I know women abuse it. There is a large number of women out there who abuse a lot of their rights just to stick it to men and it pisses me off. Like to me, if you falsely accuse a man of rape, you should be fined and spend time behind bars. That kind of label, even when it is proven to be a lie, sticks with a man for a long, long time. Men need to be held accountable but so do women.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
I know women abuse it. There is a large number of women out there who abuse a lot of their rights just to stick it to men and it pisses me off. Like to me, if you falsely accuse a man of rape, you should be fined and spend time behind bars. That kind of label, even when it is proven to be a lie, sticks with a man for a long, long time. Men need to be held accountable but so do women.
Something like that happened at work and it's taken me a while to overcome

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score

Some of you might get a laugh out of this. I was signed out of YouTube and it was recommended to me lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score

Here's a classic pic for you K
DwSEBU8XQAECZ8p.jpg:large

Lux

Jobber
Reaction score
I agree with what Snake is saying in general.

Mostly these women who want to be manipulative end up hurting themselves and I don't know if Styles should have said anything, but it obviously bothered him and he should feel free to criticize Gilette's angle if he wants to.

Anyone who wants to use this example as something of any substance is lame.

A razor is a razor and this whole thing just gets us to say Gilette alot. Which is the real point

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score

Actually the women's razors are not only more expensive but they don't work nearly as good. I have been buying men's razors for years now because of this. It doesn't matter the brand, they are just better overall and don't slice up your legs. Great parody though. I know it is meant to be funny but after you finish, it is just sad.