AJ Styles Explains Why Gillette ‘Toxic Masculinity’ Commercial Angered Him

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Asuka Lock

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
suicide
Favorite Wrestler
johnmorrison
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
  • Haha
Reactions: Jacob Fox

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Who cares? I do. That ad is part of our culture’s larger narrative that (white) men are bad. If Gillette doesn’t think it’s good that ‘boys will be boys’ - what exactly do they want boys to be?

Can't agree with this enough.

The lesson here is that a white man is evil & the rest of the world needs MORE rights. The white man has ZERO rights any where because everybody is so afraid of not taking a woman's side or anybody else.

If you think white men have it easy go sit in on family court some time. Then we'll see how many rights women don't have. Women aren't depraved, it's 2019 & they get anything they want at the snap of their fingers...

It's ridiculous.

If all men are evil pigs then all women are evil nutcases.

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Nah I just spent enough time around women. Not all of them are toxic but a lot of them are. Not even gearing this at feminists.
Every day women can be the most hateful, manipulative, evil people

Emphasis on the "alot"

If most men are rapists then that means all women are mostly manipulative, evil nutcases

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Here's a fun game
Look at Gillette's line, "Some men are ok, but some is not enough." Now replace the word "MEN" with any other demographic. What would be the response if an ad had that kind of message?

Here's another ad for comparison sake:

Redboy123@

Reaction score
It is one of the strangest examples of marketing ever. The majority of their target audience hate this advert. Weird advert

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
It is one of the strangest examples of marketing ever. The majority of their target audience hate this advert. Weird advert

Yet people are talking about it. When was the last time anyone every thought about their brand of razor. PLUS - they're counting on women doing the purchasing, so they'll buy Jillette and hope their man will stop beating them. I've noticed that the people who like the ad are women and men without balls.

• Haha
Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Yet people are talking about it. When was the last time anyone every thought about their brand of razor. PLUS - they're counting on women doing the purchasing, so they'll buy Jillette and hope their man will stop beating them. I've noticed that the people who like the ad are women and men without balls.
Amount of veiws do not equal sales. It was like an advert to stop men from buying. If they are counting on woman to buy then that's fucking dumb. Most woman hate this advert too probably.

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Amount of veiws do not equal sales. It was like an advert to stop men from buying. If they are counting on woman to buy then that's fucking dumb. Most woman hate this advert too probably.

I'm not saying it makes sense. They were dumb enough to release an ad that insults their customers. I'm just saying, they're probably thinking there's no such thing as bad press, and it's good to be viral.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I actually used to buy Gillette razors. Men's razors cut less than women's. I just bought a bamboo Bulldog razor. Screw you Gillette. Until they make a video about how women can improve for their female line, they won't be getting my money... well, they still might for other stuff because PG is a big brand but I usually buy off brand/store brand anyways.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I'm not saying it makes sense. They were dumb enough to release an ad that insults their customers. I'm just saying, they're probably thinking there's no such thing as bad press, and it's good to be viral.
'No such thing as bad press' isn't the case when you are selling a product

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Nah I just spent enough time around women. Not all of them are toxic but a lot of them are. Not even gearing this at feminists.
Every day women can be the most hateful, manipulative, evil people in your life. I have known plenty of crappy dudes but they can't top the creative genius of a woman looking to use you to make herself and her image look better to other people. Female to female bullying is a huge problem and no one wants to address it.

Seen that in the workplace and wife has come home in tears before due to other women.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Seen that in the workplace and wife has come home in tears before due to other women.
I hear about it all the time with woman who work together. I experienced it when I was working at a drug store when I was younger. It was a mostly female staff and the kind of crap they would say about each other and then what I "wasn't meant to hear" about me, it is nasty. At least with dudes, if you got a problem with each other you just confront the other person head on. My best friend growing up got real bad as we got older and I didn't realize till we were like 19 how toxic she was. She actually would be in a better mood when I was upset about something. I haven't talked to her in 10 years.

Asuka Lock

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
suicide
Favorite Wrestler
johnmorrison
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
"And that was the last they ever saw of Bay-Bay. They don't really know what happened... but there were stories.. scary, scary stories..."
i'll get a good return pop in 6 weeks