Age of Controversy.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Jericho called Cole a jackass (even though I'm sure he got heat from that backstage)

...god...

Reaction score
He also said "sob". But Jericho is the shit and can prob say whatever he wants.

noumenon

Reaction score
The Orton vs Edge feud will be the closest thing to the Attitude Era. Orton is the bad ass face who RKOs everyone (ala Stone Cold) and Edge is the cocky heel who pushes the envelope.

I can Edge trying to do some, pardon the pun, edgy stuff and WWE trying to censors it making it look like a shoot. But hopefully Edge can get away with maybe saying ass or maybe getting cut and not letting the ref wipe him up.... but I doubt it.

If they censor Edge or he tries to wave off a cut or something it'll simply make him look awesome. People would eat that shit up.

Jon Honcho

Reaction score
It would just be same old same old. Edge was a great heel. Once upon a time in 2001-2002 Edge was a great face. They abandon a project after less than 4 months. That's saying Edge is incompetent. I don't think he is. Turning him heel like this is desperate and now we must hear the same promos that he's been doing for almost 5 years.

kingovkings

Reaction score
It would just be same old same old. Edge was a great heel. Once upon a time in 2001-2002 Edge was a great face. They abandon a project after less than 4 months. That's saying Edge is incompetent. I don't think he is. Turning him heel like this is desperate and now we must hear the same promos that he's been doing for almost 5 years.

Edge's so called face run FAILED miserably. And IMO should have ended sooner rather than later. The spear spear spear shit was just that shit. Id rather hear edge doing the same shit as he has been doing for last 5yr i think you said as a heel, Than that face shit they tried to pull off after the rumble it was god awful but hey that's just my opinion.

Reaction score
^^^It failed because they minimized his best asset; his ability to talk and they made him far too one dimensional. He was the top heel for so long because he talked and his character was always changing, from his involvement with Lita, to the Ultimate Opportunist to his marriage with Vickie, something was always happening to keep his basic persona fresh. The E knows how to book heels like a motherfucker, but have little to no idea how to book faces except for Taker, Cena and Rey. And that's sad considering from the Hogan era till the end of Rock-Austin era, they were primarily a company that booked faces as their top spot when wrestling has a history of booking heels as the top cats.

Re: Orton and Edge, this is the program that should be the top feud for the company all through Summerslam, culminating in some sweet blow off match, hopefully in a HIAC match. Maybe freshen it up in between the 1-1 tie and the rubber match by throwing in Cena for a title match 3 way and you have a very solid feud that will deliver on promos, intensity and matches.

Jon Honcho

Reaction score
Edge's so called face run FAILED miserably. And IMO should have ended sooner rather than later. The spear spear spear shit was just that shit. Id rather hear edge doing the same shit as he has been doing for last 5yr i think you said as a heel, Than that face shit they tried to pull off after the rumble it was god awful but hey that's just my opinion.

If you're working on a project or an assignment and it's not going so well after 3 months or 3 days or whatever, do you just throw it out and say it's not working, it's shit? I hope not, because that defeated attitude ruins careers. I still say dumping the face gimmick makes Edge look incompetent as a complete wrestler.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
If you're working on a project or an assignment and it's not going so well after 3 months or 3 days or whatever, do you just throw it out and say it's not working, it's shit? I hope not, because that defeated attitude ruins careers. I still say dumping the face gimmick makes Edge look incompetent as a complete wrestler.

Edge going over as a face is a must if he ever wants to piggyback Raw. Trust me i'm a hardcore Edge fan but you can't blame all this spear spear booking to him not being over. The guy's out of shape and isn't putting on good matches. I've been the guy who's said when he was a heel that he doesn't need weapons to put on a 5 star match (taker match) but he's certainly proving right now to the fans that he's not going to make our expectations. Blame it on the injury the PG WWE or the booking or just blame it on edge. :strongsad:

i always get my smilies from the random list it shows on the right when you don't quick reply.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
^^^It failed because they minimized his best asset; his ability to talk and they made him far too one dimensional. He was the top heel for so long because he talked and his character was always changing, from his involvement with Lita, to the Ultimate Opportunist to his marriage with Vickie, something was always happening to keep his basic persona fresh. The E knows how to book heels like a motherfucker, but have little to no idea how to book faces except for Taker, Cena and Rey. And that's sad considering from the Hogan era till the end of Rock-Austin era, they were primarily a company that booked faces as their top spot when wrestling has a history of booking heels as the top cats.

Re: Orton and Edge, this is the program that should be the top feud for the company all through Summerslam, culminating in some sweet blow off match, hopefully in a HIAC match. Maybe freshen it up in between the 1-1 tie and the rubber match by throwing in Cena for a title match 3 way and you have a very solid feud that will deliver on promos, intensity and matches.
Keep this cookie cutter fag away from this feud please

CMS

Reaction score
Edge's matches against Miz, Chris Jericho and the triple threat on Smackdown beg to differ about him not putting good matches.

Edge's persona just wasn't made to be a face. We could want badass faces, but apparently must of the crowd doesnt. It worked for Randy Orton, but it didn't for Edge, and WWE instead of going all out with a face persona, they kept making Edge more revengeful and heel like. By the time Extreme Rules came along, when he was supposedly the face, he was making the same mannerisms he did in the build up against Taker for Summerslam, when he was "deranged". That makes no sense for a face to make.

Reaction score
Keep this cookie cutter fag away from this feud please

Cookie cutter draws more money than both by a far margin, so firstly, it would be good business. Secondly, he has been involved in lengthy feuds with both over the past two years, so he makes sense to get stuck in there. Thirdly, I'm suggesting that it only be a one month type of thing as a buffer to keep the feud fresh and he has put on great matches with both, so this would be a pretty entertaining match. And finally, throwing the title into the mix would take this feud to he next level it will need to be taken if it's going to be an extended program or if they want Orton or Edge to take that next leap after their program ends.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I understand your point. However, I was hoping WWE would finally give us a solid non-title feud for the upper-mid card. The winner of this feud can go on to face Cena one day but for now, I would rather have a solid rivalry between these two guys.

CMS

Reaction score
Would finally give us? Where were you during HBK vs Jericho, HBK vs JBL, HBK vs Taker, Punk vs Rey, Rey vs Jericho?

Airfixx

Reaction score

...Only in terms of NON-Kayfaybe which is the last thing the bookers should be worrying about.

...Yeah, they cut the run short but it is easily explained: Feuding with Jericho re-awoke the sleeping 'beast' inside him. (Look at the end of the cage match @ XRules... The guy was ENJOYING gratuitously smashing Jericho's ankle to peices.)

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Would finally give us? Where were you during HBK vs Jericho, HBK vs JBL, HBK vs Taker, Punk vs Rey, Rey vs Jericho?
HBK/Taker - I'm talking about a lengthy fresh feud. Not a WM rematch/blowoff/2 month feud

Punk/Rey - I'll give this to you since it is still happening now and for the fact that I enjoy this feud.

All of the rest were a year + ago. They don't count really