Age of Controversy.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
How well do you think this is going to work?

We heard Edge talk about it in the mid-show promo. I literally got up and had a little 'spaz out' because I was excited to hear the words. But it quickly sunk in that ... WWE is still PG rated. Unless they're thinking of going all out and trying to CRUSH TNA (hence the big names coming to RAW) - I can't see this being anything too "controversial".

What are your hopes out of this new 'era'?
Will it be anything REALLY worth tuning into WWE for?

maty619

Reaction score
I think just seeing Edge as a heel is worthwhile reason for watching WWE on its own but this era of contreversy will make him even better. I hope this is an on going thing that atleast results in one (hopefully more though) non-pg Raw. I want Edge to get a whole crew of people who really want WWE to be non-pg, even get some former Attitue Era stars, this could be used as an excuse to get Stone Cold back for a reasonable duration of time. Btw, what did Edge do that was so non-pg when celebrating his first world title in?

Reaction score
^^^lol for real man? im hoping u werent watching back then, but he kinda announced, and got a bit into a sex celebration with lita, the following raw. was pretty fun to watch, lol.

maty619

Reaction score
Nah, I never used to pay much attention to wrestling, I watched it but it didn't really click. Cool shit, that would never happen nowadays.

chessarmy

Reaction score
Its just a typical Edge heel promo, don't expect anything out of it. Until the television rating changes we're stuck with PG content

noumenon

Reaction score
Random spears will equal the controversy. I'm sure it's not going to be anything special. If we've learned one thing it's that WWE doesn't make any exceptions to the PG rating. It's just good to see Edge back as heel after those absolutely painful couple of months.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I'm just excited to see something different that the badass heel vs the cookie cutter face (talking to you Cena). Badass Orton is fucking amazing and honestly, I see him taking this feud more out of PG than Edge but if Edge can really does push the Rated R superstar boundaries, we have feud of the year potential going on.

seX-Power

Reaction score
I can hardly see anything being done to break PG or even push it's boundaries. Despite what Edge says it'll be a standard (not in quality hopefully) feud.

Reaction score
I doubt we'll see anything special from Edge. He may be "Rated R" but WWE are still PG. I can see Edge getting very pissed.

maty619

Reaction score
I really think that something, no matter how small will come out of this, I don't think they would mention it otherwise. I don't see Orton pushing the PG boundries, well outside the ring anyway, but inside Edge has heavy competition but if something does come out of this then Edge will certainly be the one to start swearing and doing all that. Btw, if this does turn out becoming the new attitude era (which I realise is highly unlikely) which of the PG wrestlers do you think would cope and which do you think wouln't?

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
I think just seeing Edge as a heel is worthwhile reason for watching WWE on its own but this era of contreversy will make him even better. I hope this is an on going thing that atleast results in one (hopefully more though) non-pg Raw. I want Edge to get a whole crew of people who really want WWE to be non-pg, even get some former Attitue Era stars, this could be used as an excuse to get Stone Cold back for a reasonable duration of time. Btw, what did Edge do that was so non-pg when celebrating his first world title in?

OMG

THAT WASN'T EVEN THAT LONG AGO. :crash: :crash: :crash: :crash: :crash:

And here i am still pissed off about billy gunn winning king of the ring. That was kane's chance damnit. Fuck dx

Reaction score
Unless WWE gets competition again we wont see another attitude era. Having WWE PG is smart for the company financially even though I think it is a disgrace to the wrestlers. I was pissed when edge was talking to the production guy and the production guy told edge he couldnt show his old TLC footage. This era sucks but its a smart and safe investment

Reaction score
Yeah.. WWE has been kiddie lately I wouldnt be surprised if they changed Rated R Superstar to Rated PG Superstar. Although, It would be awesome of the attitude era comes back. The Edge vs Orton feud looks like its going to be pretty good.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Pushing the PG boundaries is calling someone crappy instead of poopy IMO

TheAnswer

Reaction score
The Orton vs Edge feud will be the closest thing to the Attitude Era. Orton is the bad ass face who RKOs everyone (ala Stone Cold) and Edge is the cocky heel who pushes the envelope.

I can Edge trying to do some, pardon the pun, edgy stuff and WWE trying to censors it making it look like a shoot. But hopefully Edge can get away with maybe saying ass or maybe getting cut and not letting the ref wipe him up.... but I doubt it.