AFL 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good game to finish the round with Geelong stealing the game from Hawthorn. Hawthorn seemed to have everything in control once they were three goals up at three quarter time but they had a poor final quarter and made many silly mistakes. Their last win against Geelong was nine games ago in the 2008 GF. I am still amazed that Hawthorn managed to screw it up again. The two biggest mistakes in the last few minutes was Osbourne trying to pick the ball up when he was five metres infront of goal rather than soccering it through and then Franklin kicking it along the ground in the wet when he was free forty metres out from goal.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Great game of footy when Collingwood gets flogged by 10 goals. The injuries are going to hurt Collingwood this season, I'd say Hawks/Carlton are my premiership contenders.

Reaction score
Carlton will tank once more. I'm more inclined to think Geelong will go back-to-back or West Coast will be right up there once more

Aniking

Reaction score
Although I tipped Collingwood, I loved watching them get smashed like that. Carlton were fantastic, and Collingwood are a shadow of the team they were in 2010. Can't believe they've dropped so much since the Final last year. I think it's a combination of injuries to key players and a new, inexperienced coach. They've still got plenty of time to turn it around, but they're definitely below Carlton, Geelong, Hawthorn and West Coast as it stands.

A Hawthorn/Carlton Final sounds pretty sweet, but everybody tends to count Geelong out early on and get proven wrong, so I'm definitely not going to be one of those people. West Coast should be considered on par with the other four instead of a notch below, which is where the bookies have them. Anyone agree?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I got West Coast and Geelong in my top 4 as well.

Hawks/Carlton WCE/Hawks WCE/Geelong Hawks/Geelong Carlton/Geelong any of those for the GF would be nice.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Was so strange seeing Collingwood beaten by that much even if it was against a top four contender. Been interesting to see how the premiership odds keep changing each week with it switching between Geelong, Collingwood, Hawthorn and Carlton. It will be good if we have a close contest this year and not a run away leader like we have had in some previous seasons. Geelong have to be the favourites now because they have actually proven themselves when it matters, in finals, the other teams listed, West Coast included, will do well this season but Geelong have a proven track record so they should be favourites.

Some pretty poor games this week. Fremantle vs. Brisbane was horrible to watch thanks to Voss flooding the Freo forward line, 64-35 on a dry day is pathetic. Western Bulldogs were bad yesterday as well against St Kilda losing 103-40. Plus Melbourne were smashed again and next weeks game against the Dogs will be interesting because it is both teams best chance of a win. Gold Coast were a different team last night against Essendon, they nearly walked away with the win but they faded in the last quarter to lose by 17 points. Essendon have won tough so far but the most important thing is they have three wins from three games and that is all that matters in the end.

GWS are getting thumped by West Coast at the moment by 96 points at 3/4 time. Thankfully Adelaide/Hawthorn is on now so I don't have to watch that anymore.

Aniking

Reaction score
GWS lost to West Coast by 81, and personally I think it was a fantastic effort by GWS after quarter time. They were down by 58 points and ended up losing by 81, which is only an increase of 23 points across THREE quarters. Everybody seems to be missing this point from everything I've read, rather focusing on the score and saying "West Coast smashed GWS" when in fact they only did in the first quarter.

Although West Coast kicked their highest first quarter score in the club's history, GWS recorded their highest score. It's gone from 37, to 54, to 69, and the teams they've faced have been top eight teams (North, Sydney, West Coast). Obviously a great win by West Coast, but a nice three quarter performance from GWS. I watched the match and they were actually challenging.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
True they were much better after quarter time and were a lot more competitive. I am glad to see Jonathon Giles doing well, as I have mentioned before he was on the Port list for years but never got a game and finally with GWS he gets his opportunity. I was surprised that West Coast didn't win by more considering they are a top four contender. With that ground the centre wicket looked pretty bad as the game went on, be interesting to see how it bounces back for each game.

Hawthorn are beating Adelaide by about four goals and Adelaide have been wasteful infront of goals again. North vs. Geelong has just started. Would be brilliant if North could win but we need to at least be competitive for the entire game.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Now that was an awesome win for North, 131-114 over Geelong. Our run and carry game worked well against Geelong and we maintained the pressure for the entire game. They outscored us in the last quarter to reduce the margin a bit but we lead for the whole game. So good having Jack Ziebell back and he was close to BOG with 27 possessions and 4 goals. Big game next week against Sydney, two teams at a similar spot.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
GWS played like bulls today. They were contesting the ball hard even though they got beaten hard, some of the tackles and takedowns were great.

Brogan's one was dirty as though.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Interesting stat here.

Last time North beat Geelong was Round 5, 2007.

The following week Geelong played Richmond and won by 157 points. This week Geelong plays Richmond

after doing a couple of stats from the 2007 game and 2012 game between North & Geelong along with Richmond, I am going to predict that Geelong either wins by 125 points this weekend or ends up with a total team score of 125.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Richmond look a much better team this year and have been competitive even in the games that they lost. In saying that Geelong will want to bounce back and I would be surprised if it is less than a 40 point win for Geelong.

Aniking

Reaction score
There is absolutely no way Richmond are going to lose by 125 points. It'd more likely be Geelong kicking 125, which actually seems logical.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
MICK Malthouse's daughter has taken to Twitter to defend her father as Collingwood president Eddie McGuire used his breakfast radio show to plead with the former coach to move on from his acrimonious departure from the club.

Danielle Kearney, who also works as her father's personal assistant, tweeted: "I don't know how Eddie McGuire sleeps at night #lies".

Contacted by AFL.com.au Kearney said she would let the tweet "speak for itself."

"I know this is going to turn into more of a story, I've been around long enough," she said.

"I'm not going to answer any more questions."

But Kearney has tweeted a clarification to her original post, which said: "For the record. Collingwood F C is a fantastic club that is made up of some fabulous people. Was just sick of hearing lies 2day. #thatsall"

Malthouse has shifted from the coach's box to the media and his comments on television and radio about the Magpies' performances are apparently cutting deep.

"Mick, if you're listening out there mate, your legacy is secure. You've been a sensational servant of the Collingwood Football Club, we love you, but move on now," McGuire said on Triple M Monday morning.

"You're picking over the scabs.

"Give Bucks a bit of a go mate, because when Bucks was the captain he carried that team for you, he played his guts out for you.

"You've given it to him for a couple of years now; give the bloke a bit of a chance, he's in his first year."

McGuire told his listeners the triple premiership coach had been sucked in by his co-panelists on pre-game radio "to try and drive a wedge, and he's come in like Monday's washing".

"I love Mick and I've supported him 100 per cent, but I tell you what, he wouldn’t have a friend at Collingwood today. He hasn't missed anyone."

It's the latest chapter in an increasingly messy war of words between the pair after McGuire's claims that Malthouse's game plan went from revolutionary to middle class in the space of two years.

Malthouse responded on 3AW on Sunday: "So he was saying [the game plan] was too familiar."

"If that's the case, then the [Hawthorn] great John Kennedy had it wrong.

"Predictability is your greatest asset, because everyone knows your game structure but you know it better than most.

Collingwood sits 13th on the ladder with one win and two losses.

McGuire has called for unity from all corners of the Collingwood family.

"Now is the time for people to not get conned and sucked in to agendas," he said.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Malthouse/McGuire thing has been a bit ridiculous. Mick Malthouse is a commentator now so he is meant to pick apart game plans and point out the flaws in them, it seems like Eddie thinks that Malthouse shouldn't talk about Collingwood. In the end I am still amazed that Malthouse isn't coaching this year after he lead Collingwood to the premiership two years ago and took him to the GF last year.