AEW's Women Division

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Charlotte in AEW? No thanks lmao. She's bad enough in WWE.

But yeah, the women's division is my least fave part of AEW and the bit I find the least entertaining. And not cos I hate female wrestling lol.

I like Riho, but she's got the Brock Lesnar issue going on with not showing up enough. Time to get that belt off her and onto somebody who's there every week.

The women in the divison aren't good promos either, which is a bit of a problem. Britt Baker's promos recently have had me cringing tbh, she's so awkward and unconvincing.

I like Kris Statlander though, the alien thing is a bit weird but it's something different, so that's cool.

Reactions: Vegeta

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Here's an idea.....get Kenny Omega the fuck away from the book.

He's the reason why the matches are so long, he's the reason why we get so many shitty women's wrestlers on the shows.

He's also trying to get them more into intergender shit so we also have that to look forward to.....

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Riho herself may not be a huge problem by herself, for me the main issue is she's:

1 - Not really on tv much
2 - We don't know anythign about her other than she's been wrestling since she's 8

That's not really enough to get invested into a champion. Yes her matches are great. No I don't care she's diminutive in size. But you need someone to sell that division, and she just doesn't have those tools rights now, if ever.

Reactions: Stellar and Hoss

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The issue with the divison as well is they have a weird mishmash of greenhorns and asians. But they don't have someone who can cut a good promo AND wrestle well. That's going to be a huge issue. Britt has potential, but her in ring is lacking, and I'm personally not a fan of her heel promos. I likethe content, but not the delivery. They need a babyface that can sell a match in the ring and outside the ring, and I'm really not sure who that could be right now

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The new top heel is feuding with commentary.

Nuff said

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I mean, even though she’s going after commentary, Britt wasn’t even wrong about JR. He got a name wrong later on in the main event, further proving her point.

I’d like to see more of Kris Stat as long they keep Brandi and crew far away from her, Stat is capable of great things and the alien gimmick is fun. More of Big Swole too, she’s solid in the ring.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Booking, WWE, and no direction is basically what's wrong. There's no end-goal or anything of that sort.

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
Statlander I actually think is pretty good in the ring and on the mic. It's just that i'm not sure that the alien character is something to be the center focus of the division, even though I do like the alien thing.

They have got to get the belt off of Riho though. Should have happened by now.

Agreed that Tessa more than likely isn't going to leave Impact now. They clearly are trying to do what they can to keep her. I was wanting her to go to AEW, but I would be surprised now if that happens.

Put it on Nyla Rose. You want buzz in the division? Put it on a monster and let her continue to dominate. The Nightmare collective thing isn't working and so I don't think Kong holding the belt would be as good. No one else in that division right now will get people talking more than Nyla. Not until a Tessa Blanchard or one of the women from the WWE shows up in AEW.

Last edited:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Riho herself may not be a huge problem by herself, for me the main issue is she's:

1 - Not really on tv much
2 - We don't know anythign about her other than she's been wrestling since she's 8

That's not really enough to get invested into a champion. Yes her matches are great. No I don't care she's diminutive in size. But you need someone to sell that division, and she just doesn't have those tools rights now, if ever.

Oh for sure and I question AEW signing them the Joshi talent and putting a Title on one of them right off the bat knowing that they have loyalty to other Companies and would be out, and coming back. Toni Storm became the World Champion in Stardom, and her reign was a fail for that very reason, she wins after a horrible injury from Mayu, and then within a few Cards she's gone for Months. It made the Owner of the Company switch Champions really fast when she came back and honestly they might need to do with Riho like stat. Shoot I've seen Riho talk more in Stardom Interviews than I have with AEW. She's really quiet like I said, so someone needs to bring her outta that shell if she wants to stay Champion I feel.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Nyla Rose is the drizzling shits.....then again, so is this entire division.

Her next major angle will more than likely revolve around Kenny Omega.

Ugh

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Nyla Rose is the drizzling shits.....then again, so is this entire division.

Her next major angle will more than likely revolve around Kenny Omega.

Ugh

Biting on Impact with a Male vs Female talent wouldn't shock me. If AEW goes the Shida route which I'm a big fan of hers, but it would be the same problem they had with Riho I feel. Shanna I feel is the way to go vs Nyla and they have history already with each other.

Reactions: Deezy

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
The amount of people whining about Nyla being women's champ because she was born male is hilarious (not saying here, you can find whiners in any wrestling environment). Wrestling is scripted entertainment, her original gender doesn't even matter. Her size is along the lines of Nia Jax, Piper Niven, etc. People are just looking for a dumb excuse to bitch about it. Tessa is out there fighting men and beating them for belts, who cares? If this were actual fighting, I could see an issue when it comes to biology and all, but, it's not, it's 'pretend fighting' where everyone knows the outcome and the wrestlers know how the match is going to go. I am not a fan of Nyla by any means, I think she's a blah choice of champion, she hasn't really done enough to make me feel impressed about her, but, whatever, it's 2020, everyone needs to feel included, and, while I hate when choices are made just to please groups of people because it's the 'in' thing to do, I am not going to go to some of the lengths people are going. Her time will pass.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I'd have put the belt on Nyla whether or not it was the progressive choice. As I said earlier in this thread, I think putting the strap on an overpowered monster heel is the right move to really help get the division off the ground. And seeing as Nyla is their only overpowered monster heel (since Kong is a part-time actor) she gets the nod by default.

I think one of the big issues with the division is the fact that fans just aren't invested in anyone. So by giving Nyla the belt, you automatically have someone who is going to stir some controversy anyways, but beyond that it creates the opportunity to build up a top face. Just give Nyla several months of dominance where she is killing all competition and building heat by brutalizing sympathetic faces. Once Nyla has picked up enough heat, you decide who's going to be the one to vanquish her. Whichever face has the most support at that point is who you go with. Have them meet a couple times with Nyla retaining, throw some roadblocks in front of the face, make things look hopeless for a bit until she finally topples Nyla.

This kind of story will help you establish two big pillars in your division. And if Nyla can successfully generate heat and that face can generate crowd support, then you've given fans a whole lot more to care about. I like Riho but there was no "catch" with her as champion. You just had this chick who was a pretty good wrestler facing whoever happened to win enough matches to challenge her. And they'd just wrestle, and then they'd move on to the next thing. You give Nyla the belt and turn her into a Mark Henry Hall of Pain type, now there's something there to latch on to. Instead of "who's going to win this match to become Riho's next challenger?", you have "Who is going to feel the wrath of Nyla next? Who can stop this monster? Is anyone willing to go the lengths?". And whoever does finally beat Nyla is going to look heroic in doing so. She won't just be champion because she won enough matches, she'll be champion because she overcame the odds, kept fighting and stepped up to be the one to finally end Nyla's reign of terror.

Reactions: Lady Redfield

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yeah I got zero problem with her being champ because of what she was born. I just don’t care for her is why I rather her not be champion lol.

Reactions: Lady Redfield