AEW's Women Division

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I think we all agree that the Women's Division needs some change, big time. Riho has failed as champion, the women they surely put on TV aren't that great(I say this as @Hoss Delgado says it's not as bad as we say, it's just who they put focus on or something like that.) so like, what can they do to improve? Are they any women who are up for grabs at being signed? Do they got women on the roster they need to fully get behind? Maybe someone they can bring in to help train the women? I honestly don't got much of an idea myself, but I know something has to be done as it's the part of the show weekly I normally don't like, and no one else in the LD's like them either. So give some ideas, and let's get this ball rolling.​

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Should probably start by signing Tessa Blanchard at the soonest possible convenience. Other than that, perhaps outbidding WWE on contracts for young talent that's floundering in NXT could do them wonders as well. They just need bigger names and better talent.

Reactions: Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Should probably start by signing Tessa Blanchard at the soonest possible convenience. Other than that, perhaps outbidding WWE on contracts for young talent that's floundering in NXT could do them wonders as well. They just need bigger names and better talent.

Sadly unless Tessa just wants to be in a bigger company, I don’t see her leaving Impact, surely with them pushing her to the very top of the division. Only reason I didn’t really bring that up, because I didn’t feel it’s even possible.

But if they could get her that would be great. Surely would have to be the top star of the division.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
The blueprint already exists.

Either go the WWE route and find some girls the fans can become emotionally invested in and let them have some serious 20+ minute bangers.

Or go the TNA route. Make Kong or Nyla the champ, let them dominate all challengers for a while and have your chosen face finally conquer them.

Not saying either of these things is easy to pull off or that it will immediately put them on even footing with WWE (because they're a long way off of that) but it would certainly improve the current conditions.

As for who should be the focus... significantly less Brandi, Emi and Britt Baker. Significantly more Bea Priestly, Shanna and Sadie Gibbs. Same amount of Riho, Hikaru Shida and Kris Statlander.

Reactions: Chris and Vegeta

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Britt’s promo last night was her best one yet imo, and I’ve always liked Britt but more of that Britt please.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
The blueprint already exists.

Either go the WWE route and find some girls the fans can become emotionally invested in and let them have some serious 20+ minute bangers.

Or go the TNA route. Make Kong or Nyla the champ, let them dominate all challengers for a while and have your chosen face finally conquer them.

Not saying either of these things is easy to pull off or that it will immediately put them on even footing with WWE (because they're a long way off of that) but it would certainly improve the current conditions.

As for who should be the focus... significantly less Brandi, Emi and Britt Baker. Significantly more Bea Priestly, Shanna and Sadie Gibbs. Same amount of Riho, Hikaru Shida and Kris Statlander.

These are some pretty good ideas, only thing I’d slightly change is less Riho, get the belt off of her, and more Kris because she’s probably my favorite of the women. Not much more as she is pretty featured on the show already. I just love the gimmick and want more of it haha.

I just wonder if they could ever snipe some women away from the E and if so who might they be able to steal that’s worth actually getting.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
These are some pretty good ideas, only thing I’d slightly change is less Riho, get the belt off of her, and more Kris because she’s probably my favorite of the women. Not much more as she is pretty featured on the show already. I just love the gimmick and want more of it haha.

I just wonder if they could ever snipe some women away from the E and if so who might they be able to steal that’s worth actually getting.
Surely at not. At best you get someone like Dana Brooke, who isn't bad, but certainly isn't worth a bidding war. Not like they're going to want to poach someone like Alicia Fox or Tamina either, though I doubt that either are interested in leaving WWE. Hell, even Mickie James has a producer role with WWE so I don't see her leaving anytime soon.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Sasha & Bayley are two I could see leaving and the E wouldn’t be to hurt by it. Possibly Ruby Riott or Ember Moon depending on what gets done with them post injury. Tessa and Jordynn could be looking for a bigger spotlight. I also feel Thunder Rosa will outgrow NWA. If she can ever stay healthy Tenille could be great there. Also after her ROH run ends and she lives up to what she’s done on the Indies Session Moth Martina would add some much needed personality to that division. They just have way to many women that the American audience can’t connect to right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Sasha & Bayley are two I could see leaving and the E wouldn’t be to hurt by it. Possibly Ruby Riott or Ember Moon depending on what gets done with them post injury. Tessa and Jordynn could be looking for a bigger spotlight. I also feel Thunder Rosa will outgrow NWA. If she can ever stay healthy Tenille could be great there. Also after her ROH run ends and she lives up to what she’s done on the Indies Session Moth Martina would add some much needed personality to that division. They just have way to many women that the American audience can’t connect to right now.

Oooohh. I would love if Ember made the jump. She's someone I'm a fan of, I just hope she can stay healthy as she's been injured a couple times. Ruby, Sasha, and Bayley would be some nice steals also if they could pull it off. I need to watch more of NWA to see Thunder Rosa but I've heard nothing but great things about her, so I'm sure I'll be impressed once I can get around too it.

But I fully agree with that last part there. I've honestly just not cared much for what they've given us with women, which sucks as I really want to enjoy it because it's been proven that women can put on some damn good matches and can draw in fans to care. But, they just aren't hitting the right things yet. They will get there in time. At least I hope so.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Talent has never been the problem with AEW's Women's Division, rather direction and real investment in the ladies as a whole. Come on now how can not of had packages of Riho and her story from starting as a young girl in Wrestling to this point in her career. Like for real people don't understand how hard the girls when they young have to work to even be on the opening cards especially Stardom[examples to google Starlight Kid and AZM]. How I'm I suppose to care if I'm not already a fan of the very quiet Riho, when she's in and out like you're going to see next week with Yuka returning. You can add whatever Free Agent you want to put in there, but until AEW fixes that mindset it's not gonna matter in my opinion.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Talent has never been the problem with AEW's Women's Division, rather direction and real investment in the ladies as a whole. Come on now how can not of had packages of Riho and her story from starting as a young girl in Wrestling to this point in her career. Like for real people don't understand how hard the girls when they young have to work to even be on the opening cards especially Stardom[examples to google Starlight Kid and AZM]. How I'm I suppose to care if I'm not already a fan of the very quiet Riho, when she's in and out like you're going to see next week with Yuka returning. You can add whatever Free Agent you want to put in there, but until AEW fixes that mindset it's not gonna matter in my opinion.

Packages might help a little bit for sure, I'm not sure it personally would've really made me care much about Riho, but it might have helped some people. But, it's surely something they could look into and maybe see if it helps a little bit. Unless you're saying something different and I'm just reading this wrong. But who knows, it honestly could help some. I didn't care much about The Dark Order until they started doing the videos and things like that for them. So, it might could work with the women as well.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
It’s also cuz HoHo is really into Japanese women’s wrestling so he already cares. The typical rasslehead that’s tuning into AEW doesn’t give a care.

Reactions: Drew and Vegeta

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
When I went to Dynamite, Riho was super over. She wasn't even wrestling. It just showed her in the crowd and the fans gave her a big pop. She's probably one of those that is mostly over with AEW diehards right now but I like her and can see her becoming a more widely loved talent if AEW actually gives the fans a reason to invest in her.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
To be honest, in about five years' time, if AEW is still in the same position if not better, I could see Charlotte making the jump to have a new challenge and do something fresh for a while.

Bit of a stretch though as it seems like she's comfortable staying in WWE forever.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
To be honest, in about five years' time, if AEW is still in the same position if not better, I could see Charlotte making the jump to have a new challenge and do something fresh for a while.

Bit of a stretch though as it seems like she's comfortable staying in WWE forever.

Even not being the biggest fan of hers, I would like that as she's a big enough star, and pretty great in the ring as well so it would help. But yeah, that would take something HUGE happening for her to even do that. If anything she'd just "consider it." to get a pay bump and nothing more like Orton did.