AEW x NJPW : Forbidden Door - June 26th, 2022

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hook

REDRUM
Reaction score
No there’s some ex WWE guys I do want in AEW, I would love Claudio signed. Just feels like every week it’s another ex WWE guy. Like Big Show and Mark Henry made no sense. Now Big Show is just a commentator on a YouTube show. Feels like they do it just to try and pop a rating for a week. Regal was a good signing. I like Athena, never was a big fan of Punk, FTR or Undisputed Era. Andrade and Black have been thrown around. Danielson was great. They have too many people employed and not enough time to showcase them or push them all at once. Love Hobbs/Hook/Starks/Caster/Allin. Ruby is a perfect example. I don’t think she’s that good but got a big push over other girls. Even Pat Buck they hired.

The booking also sometimes doesn’t make any sense. Most matches have brawls after each one.

im sorry though. I wont give negative opinions on AEW anymore

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
No there’s some ex WWE guys I do want in AEW, I would love Claudio signed. Just feels like every week it’s another ex WWE guy. Like Big Show and Mark Henry made no sense. Now Big Show is just a commentator on a YouTube show. Feels like they do it just to try and pop a rating for a week. Regal was a good signing. I like Athena, never was a big fan of Punk, FTR or Undisputed Era. Andrade and Black have been thrown around. Danielson was great. They have too many people employed and not enough time to showcase them or push them all at once. Love Hobbs/Hook/Starks/Caster/Allin. Ruby is a perfect example. I don’t think she’s that good but got a big push over other girls. Even Pat Buck they hired.

The booking also sometimes doesn’t make any sense. Most matches have brawls after each one.

im sorry though. I wont give negative opinions on AEW anymore
See now this is more fair, your first few post was straight up trying to start something.

Reactions: TOP GUY TIME

Hook

REDRUM
Reaction score
They said years ago it would be a much more sports presented program. Cody said it wouldn’t become just a bunch of ex WWE guys.

yes Moxley is one of my favorites I want him as champ again but would prefer a younger guy or MJF.

It just feels very similar to TNA

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I rather Mox not be champ again myself. I like his work with BCC, but beyond that, he really ain’t all that great.

Hook

REDRUM
Reaction score
:)

I do generally prefer AEW over WWE if I had to choose and do think younger AEW guys have more of a future than currently in WWE. Big fan of Gunther, Bron. Cody going to WWE felt big and something special. Even if he is now an ex AEW guy :p

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I like to look at myself as a genuine wrestling fan. Maybe with some odd opinions about bookings etc. but still, a genuine wrestling fan for over 30 years now.
When it comes to AEW, I was not excited when they started, and I am not excited now. Why? I don't really have a good answer to that, other than I feel they try to hard. So many things has been done wrong and has happened in AEW that doesn't really help them imo. I've still enjoyed some of their matches, and I like many of the wrestlers on their roster, but there is something missing that I quite can't put my finger on. And I also think their MEGA roster is a big problem to be honest. I feel many talents are being wasted, because with such a huge roster, there is bound to be many with less or no tv time. I also feel they have been unlucky in many aspects, latest now with CM Punk's injury.

All in all, I can't really get myself to like AEW, and I guarantee you I have tried.

Reactions: Hook

Hook

REDRUM
Reaction score
Yes he was never the best wrestler but great talker. I doubt it will be Tanahashi because just can’t see him in AEW for that long. Danielson vs Punk I guess would have worked. Sad about MJF though. Really thought he’d be the next champ :(

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Cody said a lot of things

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yes he was never the best wrestler but great talker. I doubt it will be Tanahashi because just can’t see him in AEW for that long. Danielson vs Punk I guess would have worked. Sad about MJF though. Really thought he’d be the next champ :(
MJF will be rewarded with a title (and also more money) when he actually commits to more time. I wouldn’t give the title to someone who’s talking about maybe leaving. :toomanykobes

Hook

REDRUM
Reaction score
Bit like the Punk storyline years ago. Leaving with the title :p

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Bit like the Punk storyline years ago. Leaving with the title :p
Wasn’t he actually was signed before he won the title :hayden3 I doubt Vince gives him it if he didn’t. So yeah, if MJF wants it, commit and don’t be a bitch.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Patience is a virtue. Tk rarely does instant gratification , and when he does it often goes bad tbh. See sammy tay at first, hardys (sorry)

Reactions: Vegeta

Hook

REDRUM
Reaction score
MJF might be signed we don’t know. Could be a work. Would be awesome if it was.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Patience is a virtue. Tk rarely does instant gratification , and when he does it often goes bad tbh. See sammy tay at first, hardys (sorry)
So you feel Sammy and Tay kinda working now? Since they didn’t try to force them as face once the crowd didn’t take to it surely helped.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
N i get that can be frustrating but id say trust the process its worked with wardlow and hangman

Reactions: Vegeta