AEW x NJPW : Forbidden Door - June 26th, 2022

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
forbidden-door.jpg

FVxVuFUXEAA2oP-.jpg

Available to purchase: Fite, BR live​

Last edited:

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
WON- “Unlike the New Japan/ROH show in Madison Square Garden, where really each promotion did its own matches, Most of the matches on the Forbidden Door show are expected to be AEW vs. NJPW”

:garrett

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
find someone who loves you as much as Kenta wants to fight CM Punk
Mean...CM Punk pretty much took a good part of moveset from Kenta and fans have thought that Kenta stole Go 2 Sleep from Punk so...I would be interested in this match.

Also, hide all the rookies of AEW because Suzuki will be there more than likely, and we know what he does to rookies

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
If OC can go by then we need the OC/Suzuki match that COVID stole from us

Swerve

Whose House?!
Reaction score
Gaffney, SC (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Mean...CM Punk pretty much took a good part of moveset from Kenta and fans have thought that Kenta stole Go 2 Sleep from Punk so...I would be interested in this match.

Also, hide all the rookies of AEW because Suzuki will be there more than likely, and we know what he does to rookies
:abandon:

• Haha
Reactions: Alexa

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
NJPW president Takami Ohbari has expressed interest in potentially bringing a Forbidden Door follow-up event to Japan.

Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Ohbari stated that a show featuring AEW and NJPW wrestlers hosted in Japan could be the "next step" following the June 26 pay-per-view from Chicago.

“If Japanese fans are invested in this event and the demand is there, then there will absolutely be the impetus for us to take the next step of holding an event in Japan,” he said.

Ohbari wouldn't speculate on what comes next for the relationship between his company and AEW after Forbidden Door, however.

“NJPW and AEW will open the ‘Forbidden Door’ together this June, but what lies on the other side is something we will all have to wait to find out,” Ohbari continued. “One guarantee: I always say that NJPW’s wrestlers carry the pride and the fight of wild lions. Whomever they fight against, or whomever they even team with, they will carry a fighting spirit that is unmatched and unbeatable.”

From f4wonline.com

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
So...BCC v Suzuki-gun in japan, yeah?

• Love
Reactions: Vegeta

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Source: f4wonline.com

There are no plans for Stardom talent to appear on the Forbidden Door pay-per-view but the company does hope to work with AEW in the future.

It was noted by our own Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that while Stardom has its own PPV on the same day as Forbidden Door, they would like to take part in future shows.

"There is nothing at all going on regarding that show regarding Stardom, which has a PPV scheduled the same day," Meltzer wrote.

"We do know that Stardom, which is owned by Bushiroad, the same company that owns New Japan, would be interested in being part of future shows and working with AEW. Stardom would also be interested in booking AEW talent for a 12/30 show at Sumo Hall, although neither side has talked as best we can tell," he continued.

Stardom is hoping to pack their show on Friday, December 30 with non-Japanese fans, with the belief being that many will be flying into the country to attend Wrestle Kingdom the following week.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I don't mind that idea, but American fans who get into Joshi, or Japanese wrestling as a whole become cringey weeblords. And while, that would be huge for Stardom there isn't much of dream matches for me, at least, that I would want to see.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I don't mind that idea, but American fans who get into Joshi, or Japanese wrestling as a whole become cringey weeblords. And while, that would be huge for Stardom there isn't much of dream matches for me, at least, that I would want to see.
Don’t talk about Grim like that. :francis

• Haha

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I feel like for Aew and Stardom/joshi in general, AEW needs to first succeed at sccessfully showcasing joshi talent, and on the flip side, for joshi talent to adapt to American Style presentation. I think Shida gets it though as is well on her way, but ya, babysteps.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Don’t talk about Grim like that. :francis
Nah, Grim is fine. At least from what I have seen he respects the culture and understands Japanese customs and all, and doesn't try to inmate a Japanese by doing all the cringe stuff Weeblords do like say Desu all the time and so forth.
I feel like for Aew and Stardom/joshi in general, AEW needs to first succeed at sccessfully showcasing joshi talent, and on the flip side, for joshi talent to adapt to American Style presentation. I think Shida gets it though as is well on her way, but ya, babysteps.
I do get that, and understand it, but there is where my conflict comes to play. I hate how every style has to "Americanized" while when other styles go to Japan, or even Mexico, Canada, or Europe, they stay the same and don't change. Like AJ Styles didn't change his style of wrestling when he went from IMAPCT to New Japan they, the Japanese fans still loved it even though it wasn't what they were use to. And the "Americanized style of wrestling" is, to me at least, one of the worse since it falls into a heavy spot fest or the same matches repeated over and over with little variation. Again, though if people like the American way of wrestling, which is just WWE style more or less, then that is fine, but I hate how other have to bend to it while in other places you don't, and how blend it has become. That is why I hold Japan and other places to high degree because you'll differences in style. I could go on about this subject, but I won't. So in short, I believe American Wrestling should get use to other styles of wrestling and learn about it instead of living in their bubble where USA is number and others can fuck off.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon