AEW working to sign The Elite to new long-term contracts

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Not pointed at you, OMB, this conversation just reminded me... I hate how wrestling fans consider rehashing old storylines a "story to tell" or something similar. Like, as if wrestlers only ever need to have storylines with other wrestlers they have history with. Same kinda applies to people who want Punk to come back, for example, because the feud with The Elite "writes itself" or whatever. I feel like, yeah, that's a feud that would be good regardless of the real life situation and I'd be down to see it, but at the same time both parties could easily go on to have better stories with people who they've never been mixed up with before. And that's actually a big reason I like it when dudes from The Elite/BC actually have storylines outside of the BC extended universe, because tbh the in-fighting has been running thin for a long time now for me.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I don't, but I respect you r opinion. Outside of money and mania, I can't see him having many interesting feuds in WWE outside of Seth that would not be rehashes or budget bullet club reunions
Cena, Rollins, Owens, Gargano, Lesnar, Orton, Riddle, Reigns just to name a few maybe another one with Shinsuke. I do think that it be enticing for him to work with Xaiver Woods. That said I think the chances of him are slim say like 20% he goes to WWE. I do think the Saudi stuff dampers his opinion too.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Tldr stories can come from anywhere and it isn't always the obvious ones that have the most heat

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Not pointed at you, OMB, this conversation just reminded me... I hate how wrestling fans consider rehashing old storylines a "story to tell" or something similar. Like, as if wrestlers only ever need to have storylines with other wrestlers they have history with. Same kinda applies to people who want Punk to come back, for example, because the feud with The Elite "writes itself" or whatever. I feel like, yeah, that's a feud that would be good regardless of the real life situation and I'd be down to see it, but at the same time both parties could easily go on to have better stories with people who they've never been mixed up with before. And that's actually a big reason I like it when dudes from The Elite/BC actually have storylines outside of the BC extended universe, because tbh the in-fighting has been running thin for a long time now for me.
I stay stories more feuds xD than anything also add Balor to the list

Reactions: Hoss

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
yeah I feel you. fwiw, I am one that thinks this BCC Elite feud is so much more exciting than CMFTR but like you said, it's because its a feud I never expected. that's good shit.

On topic : Do I think Omega could have cool new feuds anywhere he goes, sure! But I actually don't buy into this notion that he has done everything in AEW, there's a ton of interesting feuds new and old. He missed a year and hasn't had a dominant face run since his tag with hangman. there's so much meat on the bone, he has never feuded with Starks, Swerve, Jungle Boy, Darby and litany of other folks. I mean shit, the biggest match they can do is MJF OMEGA and they havent even tried that yet. I think a lot of what he has said is just smart negotiation tactics, nothing more or less.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
that was kind of my point too in WWE most of the exciting stories I mainly see them wanting to do with him is lame bullet club stuff with AJ and Balor. Cena is a shell of his former self. The only matches I'd be hype for, truthfully, would be Seth and Gunther.

edit: and I base that on how they have been using / not using The good Brothers since hiring them. I don't think Hunter has been particularly original or good at booking acts from another company - not including Cody of course.

Last edited:

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
No question there are many Kenny matches in WWE that would be sick, but I know that myself as a fan would almost certainly be dissatisfied with all of the additional rigmarole that comes with it. See: AJ Styles and Kevin Owens for good examples. Lots of excellence to point to throughout their WWE runs but also extended periods of being very unremarkable or saddled with bad stuff to work with, that they probably wouldn't deal with outside of the company. So I'd happily trade those handful of dream matches for a better overall career, as a fan.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
yeah that's also a good point, he ain't wrestling at Wrestle Kingdom anymore if he signs with the fed, I don't care how many times people use Nak Muto and Mickie James as examples, that's not the same thing at all than co main eventing the biggest show of a competitor you dont have a working relation with. No more NJPW Kenny is not a sacrifice I am willing to make for ANY wwe potential dream match (as a fan ofc)

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I don't think Omega and Bucks staying in AEW is certain but I also don't for a second think they go to WWE. I can very easily see Omega leaving AEW to go back to NJPW. Not sure what the Bucks would do tho.

Also yes this idea Kenny needs to go to WWE for fresh feuds is silly imo. Jeff listed a whole bunch and I could probs list a bunch myself on top of that

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Hope I'm never as obsessed with things that allegedly disappoint me as Deezy is