AEW working to sign The Elite to new long-term contracts

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
yeah that good brothers deal looking pretty bad but hey good for them for hustling another company lol

I still can't believe Karl Anderson got to keep his Tokyo Dome payday on top of it in a match barely anyone who watches NJPW even wanted lmao

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I still can't believe Karl Anderson got to keep his Tokyo Dome payday on top of it in a match barely anyone who watches NJPW even wanted lmao
yeah aint nobody bought a sub for that mtach lol

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Elite been on a study slide into the worst ratings Dynamite has and yet, they supposed to be this big signing? Nah.....stay home.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Kenny Omega doesn't sound as though he knows what company he will sign with next.

The 39-year-old's AEW contract was set to expire in January but an undisclosed amount of time was tacked onto the deal due to time he spent injured. Our own Dave Meltzer reported last week that AEW is hoping to sign Omega and The Young Bucks to long-term deals.

Omega was featured in an article and podcast by CBC News on Wednesday. When asked about his future, Omega said he hasn't had "that sort of epiphany" about it yet.

"I always kind of try to find my own way, or at least try to lean in the direction of where my heart is pulling me," Omega said.
"I haven't had that sort of epiphany yet."
AEW is in Omega's hometown of Winnipeg on Wednesday for Dynamite. Omega is scheduled to challenge for the World Trios titles along with The Young Bucks against the Jericho Appreciation Society and champions, House of Black. The show will also be a homecoming for Winnipegers, Chris Jericho, and Don Callis.

Omega continued to speak on the city's wrestling culture.

"Winnipeg is actually a very deep and rich wrestling culture. There's a lot of great stars that are from Winnipeg … that are going to go down in the history books as legends in the business," Omega said.
"I think it's really important for us to embrace our Winnipeg wrestling culture. We love our hockey. We love our curling. Let's love our wrestling, too."

Other wrestlers from Winnipeg include Roddy Piper, Steve Corino, Allison Danger, Rosemary, Sarah Stock, and RD Evans.

Our own Dave Meltzer was also quoted in the CBC article on Omega.

"His resumé in Japan is certainly the greatest of any foreigner in the last 20 years and among the greatest of all time," said Meltzer.
"If it was not for Kenny Omega, there would be no All Elite Wrestling," Meltzer stated definitively.
Meltzer wrote the following in last week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter regarding AEW's efforts to re-sign Omega and The Young Bucks:

"With the Bucks, while they may do well in WWE, it’s not guaranteed, and they will have a better schedule in AEW meaning more time with the family and also less matches and can do their style. With Omega, he doesn’t have kids and he would likely get a major push and would have no end to having fresh opponents. It would also close the door to Japan that he’s waited years to re-open. But he did at least consider and have talks with WWE 2018-19 and wasn’t negative about WWE at all while making his choice to go to AEW. (Tony) Khan did say he hoped Omega would be in the company for a long time to come."

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I don't think those are new Meltzer quotes fwiw

The CBC article is dope though it's on the front page too

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't think those are new Meltzer quotes fwiw

The CBC article is dope though it's on the front page too

No they're from the Observer last week that started the thread, the only new stuff is the CBC article, they just added the other quotes to fluff the article

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
No they're from the Observer last week that started the thread, the only new stuff is the CBC article, they just added the other quotes to fluff the article
yeah and nothing in the CBC article says he may not sign again from what I saw. That first line of the f4w article is a bit misleading/editorialized for sure. Which fair play I mean they trying to get clicks ofc

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Oh I just realized you meant the Meltzer quotes in the CBC article, def not new and if they are it's just the same stuff he's said for years lol but yeah mostly a non-story that's why I just added it to this thread

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Kenny Omega has not signed a new deal with AEW.

Speculation regarding his contractual status began recently after Konnan told Nick Hausman he is "assuming" Omega re-signed with the company.

“I’m assuming [Omega has re-signed with AEW],” Konnan said. “I never really asked him but there are plans for him in the future so I’m thinking he already signed."

However, our own Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that this is not the case.

Meltzer said:

Konnan did an interview and it got people thinking that Kenny Omega had signed a new contract and Kenny Omega is under contract to AEW, his contract was extended because he was out for, I think, nine months due to injuries.
So, I believe that he is under contract until around November or December and that's the situation but there is no new deal that's been signed.

Omega's contract was set to expire in January before time was tacked onto it.

Meltzer reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter last month that AEW is hoping to lock up Omega and the Young Bucks to long-term deals. However Omega told CBC News that he hasn't had "an epiphany" regarding what he will do or where he will sign next.

"I always kind of try to find my own way, or at least try to lean in the direction of where my heart is pulling me," Omega said. "I haven't had that sort of epiphany yet."

Omega is a founding member of AEW and an executive Vice President with the company. His is also a triple crown winner, having won the promotion's World title, Tag titles, and Trios titles. His 346-day AEW World title run from Winter is Coming 2020 to Full Gear 2021 is the longest single reign in the title's lineage.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
He will get signed, I am not really worried at all tbh

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I don't think there is a chance besides leverage for more money, I'll be completely honest. He's in the most of second most important program on the card and is expected to take on Ospreay in June and likely at least co-headline London. Likely backing up the truck, or trying to figure out how much more money they need to give him for him to put up with Punk returning :heston

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
so tl dr : I don't think they set up programs months from now if they aren't confident he is sticking around. that is my current mindset. Also lolVince

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I think Omega wants to wrestle in WWE at some point I think there's stories to be told for him there

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I don't, but I respect you r opinion. Outside of money and mania, I can't see him having many interesting feuds in WWE outside of Seth that would not be rehashes or budget bullet club reunions