AEW: Dynamite December 11th, 2019 LIVE DISCUSSION

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
It also had Michael be the most annoying he’s ever been for months.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
But why was it between commentators? Instead of promising talent?

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I didn’t, just someone mentioned it before you got here. XD

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Because they have plenty of history with each other. It told a story, it had a conclusion, and it served the purpose it needed to serve. It was comedy wrestling, probably so the promising talent could do more serious stuff

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
But there was more comedy wrestlers that could fill that spot better no? Hell at this time Santino was a major deal coming close in the rumble and the chamber and they wasted him against The Corre in a angle that went nowhere. Instead we have comedy wrestling between a legend of the business who proved that he could still pull a good match against Miz only a couple of months beforehand vs a person who never wrestled or had any experience in this field and all of it was so Stone Cold could stunner them? Was that short major pop worth 6 months of pure annoyance from Michael Cole?

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Considering that I personally don't think Michael Cole has really ever stopped being "annoying", I would say yes. The whole thing most likely stemmed from people realizing that Cole was annoying and making a big deal out of it, so they decided to just roll with it and make him go over the top with it. Plus it was a big moment for them, a big thank you storyline. Which is much better than the alternative of them giving either of them a thank you title run