AEW Dynamite April 12th, 2023: Chris Jericho vs Keith Lee

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Ya pretty sad seeing all the hate at Jeff ngl, i get hes a terminal screwup and addict but jfc ud think he killed someone n not just been a dissapointment thats ruined livevevents. Obviously those are bad thinga but i dont get treating the guy like a piece of shit. Hes an addict , its a sickness, and while it doesnt absolve his poor choices, hes not a monster by any means. Shit ud think he was vince with this vitriol ive seen

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
(This isnt aimed at anyone here btw n ur absolutely entitled to be dissapointed he back, no one here was nasty from what i saw)

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I am also not excited in the least he back. But i also umdetstand why they didnt fire him. Regardless if he screwed up elsewhere b4, its his first offense w his current employer n its gonna b a minefield to fire a guy who accepts rehabs n whose charges are comminity service. Is it unfair the rich n famous get 100 chances? Yes, but sadly thats nothing new or particular to Jeff alone.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
on the docket this morning: AEW ALL ACCESS. time for some drama soon

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Decent show, Buddy vs OC easily the highlight match wise. BCC and Elite story is my favorite thing in the company right now so I loved all of that.

Thought the main was fine but I would have preferred Keith Lee getting a win, it is what it is though.

BSE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Sports Team
nnLKsfY
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Jeff Valley Driver said:
Ya pretty sad seeing all the hate at Jeff ngl, i get hes a terminal screwup and addict but jfc ud think he killed someone n not just been a dissapointment thats ruined livevevents. Obviously those are bad thinga but i dont get treating the guy like a piece of shit. Hes an addict , its a sickness, and while it doesnt absolve his poor choices, hes not a monster by any means. Shit ud think he was vince with this vitriol ive seen

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
BSE said:
How many chances does someone deserve? Edit - If he wasn't famous, he would rot in prison and no one would give a shit.
read my posts again.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
and you would be surprised to learn many people with multiple DUIs don't actually end up in jail. Certainly not up here at least. It's anyones perogative to think and feel how they want, I just think it's quite extreme to demonize someone for having demons. I also don't really believe sticking people in jail for addiction is really going to solve anything. I think people have a big problem separating addiction and drink driving, and the reality one is a direct cause for the other. It's easy to say that someone should know better, but if it was that easy no one would be an addict and no one would do terrible things under the influence. again, im by no means absolving him of his actions and I understand full well drink driving has affected a lot of people lives directly and its perfectly normal to be angry about that. but there's also a human side to this, people dont just decide they want to do these things

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
atm I can only hope both Jeff and AEW are taking every measure possible to prevent any other incidents on their watch, to an extreme degree, and it has to be zero tolerance and some monthly piss tests. I would hope his license is revoked forever or at least decades and I would hope they have someone drive him to and from events with ZERO exceptions made. From Jeff's side I hope this is what he needs andhe quits the moment it becomes a problem. Id be lying if I didnt say i was extremely worried and apprehensive, but it's also not my decision to make. crowd seemed happy tho

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Well the question then Jeff, not that I really feel like getting into a whole thing and I think we both agree that it's obviously very nuanced, is at what point does it become enabling? Driving while intoxicated is inexcusable in my opinion.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Once or maybe even twice you can give a little leeway but the frequency is unacceptable for me, for him to be brought back after this many times and continually being put back in the in ring roles where his peers and fans are all depending on him

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
And to continue to do the same kind of stunts that in all likelihood are contributing heavily to his issues

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Is reckless at the very least

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Personally, I wouldn't have him on TV or wrestling. If he wants to get his shit straight, then I would give him some kind of backstage role to at least try and prove some kind of change.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Which even then, you can never be sure, but at least in this capacity he is out of the spotlight, he isn't in a situation to derail the show or fuck something up for the other wrestlers he's working with.