AEW Dynamite and Collision to remain on TBS/TNT + Stream on Max starting January 2025

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I have little faith in this, best we'll get is discounted on Max. Which i think is only fair since Max is like $15-25 depending on your plan already, but I'm not even confident in that.
0 chance its outright free - either u have to pay for all the aew stuff or the tv is free and the ppvs are pay per

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
They seem to still be indecisive on if they want to charge extra for a "sports package" on Max which I kinda think is laughable without the NBA myself, AEW would be their cornerstone outside of one off events/tournaments they might have rights to lol

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
They seem to still be indecisive on if they want to charge extra for a "sports package" on Max which I kinda think is laughable without the NBA myself, AEW would be their cornerstone outside of one off events/tournaments they might have rights to lol
i would not want to fall on that grenade as aew lol

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah they have college basketball still too but other than March madness I don't think it would pull enough. Some NHL and I wanna say some overseas soccer too but I don't remember

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Talent has constantly been asking I've heard more than one person say

ScareValue

Reaction score
The three questions I care about are

1. Does it include PPVs on Max. That one I got the answer to. Yes…for an extra cost per show apparently at a discounted rate from traditional ppv

2. Will it include streaming archives that we’ve been waiting for a major promotion to have a place for for an unbelievable amount of time

3. If yes, how long until new PPVs are added to it?

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I wonder how much the PPVs will be discounted

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Updated the title to the thread lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Here's some stuff from Meltzer

Variety, which first reported the story, listed the deal at upwards of $150 million per year taking everything into account. Sources close to the negotiations said it will wind up substantially over that figure on an annual basis with all components figured in. The deal is for three years and a fourth option year. The fourth year would be at a substantial increase in price.
Rampage will be discontinued, as is reported, while the company is shopping around the new Shockwave show to other networks as noted in our report on the site.

Both Dynamite and Collision will air live on MAX along with TBS and TNT, and because MAX is a streaming service, the shows will be live on the West Coast, three hours before they would air on television.

MAX will also be home for the PPV events. The situation will be closer to the UFC model than the WWE model in the sense MAX will be starting a PPV component and AEW will be part of that. The price will be lower on MAX than it will be through other sources. The PPV events will remain available on regular television PPV channels, DirecTV and Dish, as well as places like Triller, YouTube and PPV.com But most of the marketing will be geared toward MAX and MAX will be promoting the events.

There are still aspects of the deal unclear at this point, such as whether it will move to the MAX sports tier when that gets started or stay with the regular tier. It’s likely that will be a WBD decision.

At this point nothing is known regarding TruTV, which will be turning into an all-sports network in prime time. It is possible AEW shows will air in repeats on that station, but that is not clear at press time. In earlier media reports, TruTV was listed along with TNT and TBS as a home, but today’s news only listed TBS, TNT and Max.
The deal, which covers January 1, 2025, through December 31, 2027, and potentially also 2028, was announced today in conjunction with the promotion’s fifth anniversary. The anniversary show takes place tonight in Pittsburgh, PA with a double headliner with Will Ospreay vs. Ricochet for the International title and Bryan Danielson vs. Kazuchika Okada for the AEW title. The Continental title will be at stake for the first 20 minutes of the match as well. The show will get what we were told was a significant overrun.

The new deal will make the company very profitable going forward even if no deal is made for a third weekly show that is being shopped around.

Media rights revenue would be up on the new deal well in excess of $90 million per year on average from 2024 levels based on this deal.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
crffs37omesd1.jpeg

seeing lots of 170 mil / Year

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

ScareValue

Reaction score
It’s been five years and I still don’t know if there will be a place to watch their tape library in the US anytime soon. Telling me that shows streamed on Max will be available on demand doesn‘t answer anything about the last five years of shows. It’s 2024 and we still can’t watch a PPV or a Dynamite from the past somewhere? I hope we find out soon this is changing. It continues to be absurd.