AEW Double or Nothing - May 26, 2024

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
MJF doesn’t need the title again

And I wouldn’t have any of the 3 beat swerve

I’d have Cole win the triple and come up short for the big one AGAIN and have it help his story of never being able to win the big one
I agree with the first to a degree. I think he’ll definitely chase for it, though.

I strongly disagree with the second. Cole or Jay would be my choices, unless a better heel option comes along. Not anytime soon, mind you.

I don’t know if I want Cole to be the guy that can’t win the big one unless the endgame is he eventually does. He’s money as the champion. Would be a good story for his character, but I also fear his creditability is beginning to wear thin, however. If they can do it effectively, sure.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Hangman isn’t losing 3 in a row to swerve

When they run it he’s gonna be the one to dethrone Swerve
I stand corrected. Hangman would also be a good choice to dethrone Swerve if it’s at all in and he’s still a heel. Would be a great full circle moment.

If he’s ready to return in time for a proper build.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I agree with the first to a degree. I think he’ll definitely chase for it, though.

I strongly disagree with the second. Cole or Jay would be my choices, unless a better heel option comes along. Not anytime soon, mind you.

I don’t know if I want Cole to be the guy that can’t win the big one unless the endgame is he eventually does. He’s money as the champion. Would be a good story for his character, but I also fear his creditability is beginning to wear thin, however. If they can do it effectively, sure.

Yeah Cole eventually winning is the end game of course but to fully maximize that he’d have to have another face turn where he finally perseveres

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Thing is MJF is white hot and the Kingdom are anything but so you kind of have to pick which is the more important act. Most MJF fans are not clamouring to see a feud with the Kingdom. Unless Cole is good to go, I think it is best for him to move on rather than feel like he is wrapping up loose ends or fill time till Cole is back. The damage to the Kingdom has already been done by the bad booking. I would blame that on Tony not them
This is why I was upset with Roddy losing last night. Tony’s booking is what’s failing this angle and group. Knowing MJF was coming back at this event he could have easily started having Roddy look credible and the OGK tearing apart tag teams on Dynamite or Collision.

It doesn’t take much to fix this problem, but if the hottest angle they’re involved in gets no payoff, that would probably be the point of no return.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Thing is MJF is white hot and the Kingdom are anything but so you kind of have to pick which is the more important act. Most MJF fans are not clamouring to see a feud with the Kingdom. Unless Cole is good to go, I think it is best for him to move on rather than feel like he is wrapping up loose ends or fill time till Cole is back. The damage to the Kingdom has already been done by the bad booking. I would blame that on Tony not them
I have to assume also Cole is ready to go since they had Cole on back to back PPVs do something to remind the audience he exists and then took a bump for MJF here.

My feeling is the MJF return was specifically calculated for when Cole would be ready.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Hangman isn’t losing 3 in a row to swerve

When they run it he’s gonna be the one to dethrone Swerve

I think All In would be too soon unless we going with a full Elite takeover. Hangman losing 3 times works for me as he has become someone he is not in kayfabe

This is why I was upset with Roddy losing last night. Tony’s booking is what’s failing this angle and group. Knowing MJF was coming back at this event he could have easily started having Roddy look credible and the OGK tearing apart tag teams on Dynamite or Collision.

It doesn’t take much to fix this problem, but if the hottest angle they’re involved in gets no payoff, that would probably be the point of no return.
I mean I'd argue the angle is already dead and it ain't been hot for a while. I think the damage was done already sadly and too late to save it via MJF feud. Unless Adam Cole is back, MJF probs should move on till Cole can wrestle. If Cole is back, do it at All In and have MJF move on imo.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I think All In would be too soon unless we going with a full Elite takeover. Hangman losing 3 times works for me as he has become someone he is not in kayfabe

I mean I'd argue the angle is already dead and it ain't been hot for a while. I think the damage was done already sadly and too late to save it via MJF feud. Unless Adam Cole is back, MJF probs should move on till Cole can wrestle. If Cole is back, do it at All In and have MJF move on imo.

All in is to soon I agree I’d keep them apart for awhile
But there is no way I’ll ever think Hanger shouldn’t be the one to dethrone Swerve

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I think there’s meat on the bone for MJF v Wardlow with their roles being reversed

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Bad News Booty said:
I think there’s meat on the bone for MJF v Wardlow with their roles being reversed
I think there's a good angle of them making up as a babyface team too

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Again, an angle can’t be hot when the two pieces needed for it aren’t around. That MJF return got a reaction, though. They cared about his confrontation with Adam Cole. They just need a reason now to fear for MJF’s struggles. Tony just need to attempt it.

As for Cole, I have to assume he is ready or doing that spot would have been stupid.

I would assume All In is the payoff. That’s a proper 3-month angle that gives it time to do what it needs. It doesn’t need anything more.

As long as that’s booked credibly, UK should be able to move on as well and be able to get another angle that keeps it hot afterwards.

Undisputed Era in NXT ran that show for years. It’s not hard when Cole is healthy to keep his heel group hot and in good stories.

MJF will then have vanquished his enemies and be even hotter for it.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I think there's a good angle of them making up as a babyface team too
That was my assumption originally as well. He would need help with UK, but Booty pointed out his promo about not trusting again so would be interesting to see where it goes.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I think MJF got a reaction because he is MJF tbh

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Again, an angle can’t be hot when the two pieces needed for it aren’t around. That MJF return got a reaction, though. They cared about his confrontation with Adam Cole. They just need a reason now to fear for MJF’s struggles. Tony just need to attempt it.

As for Cole, I have to assume he is ready or doing that spot would have been stupid.

I would assume All In is the payoff. That’s a proper 3-month angle that gives it time to do what it needs. It doesn’t need anything more.

As long as that’s booked credibly, UK should be able to move on as well and be able to get another angle that keeps it hot afterwards.

Undisputed Era in NXT ran that show for years. It’s not hard when Cole is healthy to keep his heel group hot and in good stories.

MJF will then have vanquished his enemies and be even hotter for it.

Except UE had ReDragon who are superior to OGK