AEW Double or Nothing Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
One thing I also liked about that main event it's that they still protectedt he one winged angel by not having Omega hit it so Jericho never had to kick out
I felt like that was a built part of their match to boot.

The only time I wish he had hit it was when he caught Jericho trying to hit the lionsault.

I can see it being a big thing if they do the third match.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I felt like that was a built part of their match to boot.

The only time I wish he had hit it was when he caught Jericho trying to hit the lionsault.

I can see it being a big thing if they do the third match.

I really love the move and it's also got a decent amount of set up with needing to get ththe guy in the electric chair position and such so I'd really fuck with them making it like a burning hammer which is easily the most protected move in wrestling history (until bum ass Tyler Reks started using it) and not letting anyone kick out of it

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I really love the move and it's also got a decent amount of set up with needing to get ththe guy in the electric chair position and such so I'd really fuck with them making it like a burning hammer which is easily the most protected move in wrestling history (until bum ass Tyler Reks started using it) and not letting anyone kick out of it
It surpassed the Burning Hammer I think. I mean 205 Live has actually had numerous Hammers as false finishes to my dismay.

It's a really cool move as well. Not too many people do it either.

I think what's his face from SAnity ripped it off, but I haven't seen him wrestle in ages.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I wasn't able to catch the show live but just caught up with it now.

What a fucking show. I loved every match and I genuinely enjoyed a wrestling show for the first time in a while. I am incredibly excited for what else is to come with AEW, let's just hope that can keep this up.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
For those in the UK the event was on ITV Box Office of all places! https://www.itv.com/news/2019-05-24/preview-aew-double-or-nothing-live-on-itv-box-office/

But the whole thing may already be on Youtube for free:lmao
I think the links with ITV are awesome for the availability of AEW in the UK. They had a cool build up show on ITV and some interviews posted online. If the rumours are true regarding WWE moving to BT Sport, AEW being somewhat available on free TV will help them so much.

Reactions: Keith

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think the links with ITV are awesome for the availability of AEW in the UK. They had a cool build up show on ITV and some interviews posted online. If the rumours are true regarding WWE moving to BT Sport, AEW being somewhat available on free TV will help them so much.

Its certainly double the audience which is a big thing for a new company. The challenge is for ITV to really push it and make it a staple of their output.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Just finished I'm I the only one who is bummed their is no TV coming this week, to keep this momentum AEW have from this PPV? I saw plenty of greatness throughout this Show that me already being a fan. I saw roots in the ground to keep me as a fan, while bringing in new fans for sure. I saw multiple nominees for Match of the Night, and Year and let me talk how great this Show was for AEW.

SCU/Strong Hearts. No perfect way to start off the PPV, because I didn't see the Preshow Matches, but this Match was a good opener. This was a great sprint styled opener, and a hello of a way to kick off the PPV proper. I was actually pulling for Strong Hearts because they are unknown to a mainstream audience unless you follow Puro, but a win as I thought about it would of been lovely, but thinking about they went toe to toe with guy like Kaz and Daniels especially they can use that to spring themselves to better things going forward. Give me more of CIMA and saw plenty of his genius in the layout of this Trios Match.

Kylie Rae vs. Nyla Rose vs. Dr. Britt Baker vs. Awesome Kong. When I looked at the Card with this one, I thought Kong coming in at the last minute was the right decision. Not to say the three ladies weren't good, and even though I'm not really into the other three ladies, adding Kong added another good element to the Match. It was good to see Kong and Rose eventually be gone from the heavy points of the Match showcasing Rae and Baker which was nice. Rae is a star in the making, she has the attitude I want to see Bayley use and she's very much that same happy go lucky personality. She knows how flip the Switch, problem is it wasn't enough to get the win as Baker gets it instead. I think Rae should of gotten the win here, thought she out performed Baker in that regard, but it's a deep Women's Division and you see it could be great with ladies like Allie and Sadie Gibbs on the sidelines for this one.

Jack Evans & Angelico vs. The Best Friends. This Match kept getting better as the Match went on. It's funny I swear I remember Angelico and Evans being at odds in Lucha Underground, and seeing them as a Team is pretty weird to me. A great start for the Tag Division including Super Smash Bros and their Heartless attacking both teams good job fellas.

Aja Kong/Yuka Sakazaki/Emi Sakura vs. Hikaru Shida/Riho Abe/ Ryo Mizunami. You know I'm going to be bias, but I fucked loved this Joshi Six lady Tag. All Six ladies really showed off their skills including Kong who looked like she was going to kill Two Belts Riho, but it all worked out. I implore everyone to watch the Companies they are from, because if you liked them in this one continue with that love. I'm going to need Sakazaki vs Shida down the road someone make it happen. If you got Kong and Meiko in TJPW, why not pay Shida for an appearance or two. I would say guys people think all Six of these ladies have a long term Contract right? I heard weeks ago that isn't the case and it was a just a pay off for this one appearance, so it will be up to the guys to bring them back if they have interest to.

Cody vs. Dustin Rhodes. I've been waiting for a Non-Joshi Match to make me get as emotional and into the Match throughout and these two guys got it done. The post Match stuff had me thinking about this.

When you keep me being a follower and not a leader, the view never changes. The view never changes is right and Cody and Company wanted to create their own World and Machine in their vision and I know for sure Dusty would be proud of how his Sons turned out in this World.

Man did Dustin bleed nearly to death out there and as the Match went on I was like how long will he hold up to the point where he doesn't pass out. The last time I was into a older talent seemly being on his last legs, it was Flair especially at Wrestlemania and it got me into the feels so much with one. That is how family does it..at least my family too, we argue, we fight, and then we make up. When Cody was talking to his Brother and saying I need my big Brother to tag with me how can you not feel that? I'm the oldest of four, and it was like my Brother Anthony who is the youngest talking to me in that moment.

The Young Bucks vs. The Lucha Bros. This was an excellent match as tag team wrestling was featured again. It was completely different from Cody vs. Dustin, but with an amazingly hot crowd, balls to the wall action, and both teams shining as they emptied their entire arsenals to try and not only one up each other, but also to win and be champions. Everyone was on point here, everything worked, and it more than delivered on expectations. This tag division has so much talent and potential to be great and a true highlight of the promotion.

Chris Jericho vs. Kenny Omega. This was a very good main event, that just never felt like it hit great or near the level of their past match in NJPW. The story was that Omega couldn’t score with the one winged angel, much like his chase with Okada, and couldn’t overcome and win due to that. It was very good, but following two excellent matches, felt as if it was missing something.

aVPy4jr.jpg

After Jon Moxley arrives and damn sure he deserved that moment of kicking the shit outta Jericho and Omega. He had to deal with alot of shit lately, and this was his moment in the Sun to let out all that anger. Omega vs Moxley fit each other like Gloves, can't wait to see what Jon has to say. A great Show that I felt over-delivered can't wait to see how this breaks down in the coming months.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler