AEW Collision/WBD upfronts MegaThread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So he had heat because he had game?

Yeah pretty much lol and it was probably old dudes who slammed dirt sheets feeding it to Alvarez who happily ran with it....it all comes full circle

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This is really what I get for mostly believing the press release snafu was just bc they wanted to do another First Dance surprise where everyone knew but they didn't tell you:heston

Reactions: Hoss

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
This is really what I get for mostly believing the press release snafu was just bc they wanted to do another First Dance surprise where everyone knew but they didn't tell you:heston
thats what 90%+ of fans logically assumed because why would you assume this fucking dude is having another tantrum over the dumbest shit (if true)

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
final thing - if Punk is gonna bail again , just kill the brand split thing and make it a second A show and call it a day. It'll be fine

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
final thing - if Punk is gonna bail again , just kill the brand split thing and make it a second A show and call it a day. It'll be fine

Call the United Center debut the last supper instead

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Call the United Center debut the last supper instead
and the main event is Kenny vs Danielson with Don is his corner. You're welcome Tony

Reactions: Hoss

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
@Chris idk how kayfabeds this and it was in 2005 but would this not somewhat validate some concerned people with Punk around women or you think nah?

CM Punk & Colt Cabana (2005): "Most women in the wrestling business are rats" - both describe intentionally injuring an aspiring female talent whenever she wanted to train so they could "keep her in check" & continue taking advantage of her for free transportation to shows​

CM Punk: "The other unofficial member of the Gold Bond Mafia, of course if you ask any of us she's not a member, but to her- this is her world. I couldn't even tell you her real fucking name. (Punk holds up a picture of him groping a woman's breasts) She is the "Bikini Girl". That is strictly what we called her"
Colt Cabana: "And when we first saw her, I'll be honest, me and Chuck E Smooth were like 'oh this chick's totally hot, this chick's totally hot' - and we'll tell the story of how we spent years with her- and at the end she was the ugliest most disgusting girl of all time. I was grossed out by her."

CM Punk: "I HATED her"

Colt Cabana: "Everything that was about her was disgusting. But now the fact that - This proved the difference between some of the young guys growing up, and some of the guys - We understood the work of it. You know, how it's a work, how it's a business. And we got this girl every single week with her family van to drive us 300 miles every week. Not putting 1 mile on our car and us knowing that. Trying to not pay for gas as much as we could. And she loved- she wanted to train. Like maybe we got her in the ring once and, you know, made sure to hurt her so she'd be out another 2 months (Punk begins laughing) but she'd still be with us 'because she was dedicated' and uh-"

CM Punk: "The point is- and you know this is gonna sound real degrading - but like, most women in the business are rats. You know I mean that's a hard fact of life that you eventually realize and it was like - she got in the business. And at the time she was like "Oh I wanna be a wrestler & I wanna train" --- I never saw her get in the ring. You know, like it just never happened. And when we did get in the ring, alls it took was a good forearm shot and then - that was it - she was done. So we always kinda kept her in check (Colt starts laughing), but she would be "Bikini Girl". She would wear a bikini and walk around the ring when the show started & take people's ring jackets and you know, sunglasses."

Colt Cabana: "We'd make sure there was a spot for her, but- you know not a 'spot' but just whatever so she could drive us and no one would be spending- putting miles on our cars"

CM Punk: "No miles on our car. No gas out of our pocket. You know what I'm saying, because it was like - you know we weren't getting paid more than you know sometimes 30-40-50 bucks from Ian and stuff like that. And we certainly weren't getting trans'd (transported?) - so it was always like me, Chuck E, Cabana, Prazak, maybe occasionally somebody else. We'd always fill up that "Bikini Van", you know & drive it down. And- how many tickets would she get? None of us would ever drive. "Oh can one of you guys drive?" ..."Nahh you know I'm really tired", "i just got off of work" I mean, that was the thing where maybe somebody, a bunch of other young guys would probably just try to gangbang her and that'd be the last you'd see of her. We tried to get blood from that stone & we squeezed it like everything she was worth."

Colt Cabana: "She'd always have like snacks for us too."

CM Punk: "Yeah. Yeah. You know she's like one of these girls that who like her aspiration in life was to have a kid!
Colt Cabana: "Mom. She wanted to be a mom."

CM Punk: "She wanted to be a mom so she thought she was kinda like the den mother and we let her fuckin believe that. You know, (puts fingers to head like devil's horns) "Evil" you know blah blah blah. And we would just randomly try to get her booked on shows whenever we could so we didn't have to drive."

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
It’ll piss me off if Punk ruins his chance of coming back, but I get what he’s trying to do. It’s the same thing I said before when I didn’t realize it was supposedly this bad. Ace got fired having his back, even if he was a complete, out-of-control, lunatic, Punk still wants to return that loyalty and get him his job back. I don’t agree with itbut I get it.

WBD seems to think it’s hopeful that they can work around this, so hopefully Punk just pulls the cotton out of his ears and realize that he can be Ace‘s friend without jeopardizing his own career.

If Tony said he can produce from home just let him do that.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
28DEB1B0-FFC9-4983-91CD-8E98B870E8E7.jpeg

Apparently this may be the tweet just before Punk did his stories. I guess he wanted to be proactive. :punklol

I’m honestly hoping this is overblown sensationalism over a small disagreement over Ace, but otherwise Punk and Tony are still talking normally.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It’ll piss me off if Punk ruins his chance of coming back, but I get what he’s trying to do. It’s the same thing I said before when I didn’t realize it was supposedly this bad. Ace got fired having his back, even if he was a complete, out-of-control, lunatic, Punk still wants to return that loyalty and get him his job back. I don’t agree with itbut I get it.

WBD seems to think it’s hopeful that they can work around this, so hopefully Punk just pulls the cotton out of his ears and realize that he can be Ace‘s friend without jeopardizing his own career.

If Tony said he can produce from home just let him do that.

Yeah from what I've heard WBD think it can still happen, that might be why they're waiting a week to announce the debut Collision location

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yeah from what I've heard WBD think it can still happen, that might be why they're waiting a week to announce the debut Collision location
It would honestly surprise me if either side let Ace be the thing that kills a deal this big.

And I’m not even necessarily sure which side will back down, but I’m guessing someone will back down. Either Tony will let Ace back in the locker room or punk will realize it’s stupid to hold out over that and let him work from home.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
At this point we're either getting the planned announcement next week or we're getting a "AEW has come to terms with the release of CM Punk" tweet tbh they can't do anymore back and forth this soon to the debut show

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
For the record, I’ll be mad at Punk if this deal does fall through. I get holding out a little to see if you can get Ace hired because he’s your boy, but if you don’t eventually comprise, that’s stupid. Tony is trying to play ball so absolutely no animosity from me to him.