AEW All Out 2022 Media Scrum and fallout Megathread *DYNAMITE SPOILERS*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Agreed. I’m leaning towards it probably not being the Bucks too. I still think they might have fired up Hangman, though. As for who it was, I think it might have been someone in the old ROH days or a Dark Order guy.

Just hoping Evil Uno is clean in it.

I still think the Cabana shit wasn't leaked at all lol I know Poyser thinks I'm just making shit up but I've watched shitty dirt sheets craft narratives from way less than this before lol Colt was legit taken off TV so of course I would expect dirt sheets to say it's bc of Punk without anyone telling them shit, thats their whole livelihood lmao

But yes some people were def leaking stuff all summer and some was about Punk, I wee this ad separate issues than the Colt stuff

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I don’t really think Punk did all that with no basis whatsoever lol I’m sorry. Not saying he was right, but it’s almost certain that he has some reason for believing it with so much conviction. Either there’s truth to it or somebody has led him astray there by feeding him bad info

I was operating under this assumption as well, but it’s hard to say now. I think there might things between Punk and Bucks not public that gives them heat without them having to be the leaks, perhaps and he assumed on that.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I still think the Cabana shit wasn't leaked at all lol I know Poyser thinks I'm just making shit up but I've watched shitty dirt sheets craft narratives from way less than this before lol Colt was legit taken off TV so of course I would expect dirt sheets to say it's bc of Punk without anyone telling them shit, thats their whole livelihood lmao

But yes some people were def leaking stuff all summer and some was about Punk, I wee this ad separate issues than the Colt stuff

If someone was talking shit about Punk related to Cabana tho, my personal top suspects are Colt himself or possibly Stu Grayson since he seemed frustrated even tho he left on good terms. Coulda been a throwaway comment even that he said that someone ran with

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

I’ll give it a small plausibility, but I think in conjunction with the other stories, it just doesn’t feel disconnected.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
  • Haha
Reactions: Chris

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
There’s zero way there was no leak. In the span of a couple weeks there was at least 3-4 big anti-Punk stories. One of which being Punk threatened to walk out.

So either that was leaked with everything else, or the dirts decided to just make shit up and that makes them awful.

And even if there is speculation that Punk got Colt fired, you don’t print that in your article unless you got at least one person from AEW to “confirm” that for you. That’s at least how journalists used to do it. SRS was saying yesterday he had news he was waiting for confirmation.
see I think it's more some nobodies being like "omg he was so mad, I heard he was ready to walk" . at least thats my take. then when they heard other ppl heard punk was mad, the sheets ran with "we heard some people said punk was so mad THEY BELIEVED he was ready to walk out.

the only other inflamatory thing that was reported was that things were at "a breaking point" between some ppl backstage but thatt was never directed at punk directly and again, the bucks would have no incentive in leaking that their having backstage issues, its still partly their company.

so tldr, I think some dirtsheets reported stuff with very specific wording thats pretty sneaky but technically accurate. obviously, just my take on it tho!

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
If someone was talking shit about Punk related to Cabana tho, my personal top suspects are Colt himself or possibly Stu Grayson since he seemed frustrated even tho he left on good terms. Coulda been a throwaway comment even that he said that someone ran with
Ace all along

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Stu is a good shout. Possibly Angels if we’re thinking someone that got let go and it never occurred to me Colt could have been stirring the pot himself. What a loser.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I’ll give it a small plausibility, but I think in conjunction with the other stories, it just doesn’t feel disconnected.
well its because ppl heard whispers but didnt report it until AFTER Punk shot on hangman. so it was kind of a rumor the sheets were circling but it didnt get attention or traction until Punk himself brought it to attention. this isnt blaming punk btw, just a factual timeline of how these things went down

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Stu is a good shout. Possibly Angels if we’re thinking someone that got let go and it never occurred to me Colt could have been stirring the pot himself. What a loser.
i mean I personally think thats more plausible than a YB organized whisper campaign. simply because occams razor. now that doesnt mean colt isnt in hangmans ear either

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
see I think it's more some nobodies being like "omg he was so mad, I heard he was ready to walk" . at least thats my take. then when they heard other ppl heard punk was mad, the sheets ran with "we heard some people said punk was so mad THEY BELIEVED he was ready to walk out.

the only other inflamatory thing that was reported was that things were at "a breaking point" between some ppl backstage but thatt was never directed at punk directly and again, the bucks would have no incentive in leaking that their having backstage issues, its still partly their company.

so tldr, I think some dirtsheets reported stuff with very specific wording thats pretty sneaky but technically accurate. obviously, just my take on it tho!

Like I said, I’m not even leaning on it being the Bucks, but I just don’t think that huge swirl of news that all came at once was all pure speculation from dirts. Just someone.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
This.

I mean this was why I thought so too. Whomever it was was definitely super close to Colt and Hangman.
yeah but as I said above too. they dont have to be related, like Bucks could have wanted Colt to stay and it had nothing to do with pissing Punk off. Thats also certainly well within their roles as EVPs, and they even suggested keeping them on seperate brands. the fact the bucks 'saved his job" should not be an issue by itself if TK approved it at the end of the day.

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Like I said, I’m not even leaning on it being the Bucks, but I just don’t think that huge swirl of news that all came at once was all pure speculation from dirts. Just someone.

Nah def not the summer leaks, I'm just talking about specifically the "Punk got Cabana demoted and almost fired" stuff I've been calling trash since March before Hangman even said it in a promo

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
probably more like, they heard all that stuff before and after the punk hangman v2 promo went down, one of their more solid sources maybe said "yeah i heard that too" and thats enough. again not saying i know whats up lol, just offering avenues