AEW 2020 Wish List

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
So, with only two more shows in 2019, I figured let's look towards 2020 and see what everyone would like to happen. Rather it's signings, who wins what titles, feuds, break ups, tag teams forming, etc.

I'll start off with some I know I'll likely get at some point in 2020. Mox and Omega both having the title, don't care which one wins it first but it will add to them reupping their feud at some point next year, with one of them taking it off the other. I hope to see a regular match from them, maybe they can do some other gimmick match at some point, but nothing to hardcore just yet.

I also would love to see MJF get a great run with whatever secondary title comes about at some point, at least 5-6 months with it. I'd say when he drops it, do it in a multi man match so he doesn't have to be the one pinned, and can hopefully then move on to the World Title picture by the end of 2020.

Before breaking up the Lucha Bros I hope to see them get a run with the tag titles, probably dropping them to Santana and Ortiz when they lose them. At that point have Pentagón turn on Fénix.

Some signings I'd like to see in 2020, some I'm pretty sure we'll get.

Marty Scurll

Tessa Blanchard

Luke Harper

The Revival

Davey Boy Smith Jr.

PJ Black

They are others I'd like to see, but unless they get out of their contract, it's not possible. Tho I'm not 100% sure when Tessa is free to sign with anyone, the others I'm sure by the end of 2020(not counting Marty as his just expired the other day) are freed up, but I could be wrong.

As far as feuds that I want in 2020, right now not to much is coming to mind but I'm sure I'll get some idea in mind soon.

So what's everyone else want to see?​

Reactions: Chris

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Story/Booking:

1 - A TV/National title for the midcard, first champion should be MJF imo.
2 - A bit of clarity of the tag team division. I feel like SCU never really defends their title, and i want the title off them ASAP. Put the belts on Dark Order. Start a storyline.
3 - Finish the Elite/inner circle story line , it's cooled off significantly and I feel there was no conclusion
4 - Riho to defend more. Possibly lose the title to a big heel and start some chases again.
5 - Jericho/Mox
6 - Turn Omega heel

more things too, but that be a good start for me.

Signings:
Cage
Tessa
Revival
Marty (I think he's pretty muchsigned already though)
Harper
El Generico (pipedream)
Kevin Steen (impossible, but a man can dream)

Reactions: Vegeta

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I may be wrong and if I am please correct me but didn’t Revival sign new deals recently?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Not that I've seen? Maybe your thinking Orton?

Reactions: Cwalker

nWo4Lyfe420

Banned
Reaction score
It's slim pickings for who they could sign now after they missed the boat for Scarlett, Emma, Punk.

I'm not sure what their plan is for the women's division. It looks like they just want to push Kenny's little girlfriends instead of signing women who can actually draw in a North American audience. If they don't sign Tessa then they can close the lid on the idea of their women's division ever being relevant.

MJF has to be world champion sometime next year because he's going to be their biggest star sooner than later. I'd have Moxley take the belt from Jericho and then feud with MJF for a few months culminating in MJF winning it in one of his gimmick matches. That would solidify him as THE guy.

AverageJoe9

Listen to me, when the time comes you run and don't look back
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Favorite Sports Team
calgaryflames
Signing wise, Kairi Hojo, Revival, Harper, Scurll, and Tessa would take the AEW roster to the next level. Curent roster is good with their top stars of Cody/Jericho/Mox/Omega/PAC and their core of young future stars like Allin, MJF, Hangman but there is definitely room for depth particularity for the women

Also really hoping the AEW/NJPW partnership rumors are true, the amount of feuds and matches they can have would be staggering.

Mox vs White in a proper feud, Golden Lovers tag run, Ospreay vs Jericho, Bullet Club vs The Elite, Okada and Tanahashi on American national tv the list goes on it would be awesome!

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Signing wise, Kairi Hojo, Revival, Harper, Scurll, and Scurll would take the AEW roster to the next level. Curent roster is good with their top stars of Cody/Jericho/Mox/Omega/PAC and their core of young future stars like Allin, MJF, Hangman but there is definitely room for depth particularity for the women

Also really hoping the AEW/NJPW partnership rumors are true, the amount of feuds and matches they can have would be staggering.

Mox vs White in a proper feud, Golden Lovers tag run, Ospreay vs Jericho, Bullet Club vs The Elite, Okada and Tanahashi on American national tv the list goes on it would be awesome!

IWGP newly crowned champ Ibushi reuniting with Omega would be fucking amazing.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Make Hangman champion or go bankrupt.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'd rather they have a production team who know how to cut to commercial breaks properly and cameramen who actually catch the big spots.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Better promote their women’s division, and give them more of an identity.

Marty Scurll is the main signee I want and I’m sure we’ll get it eventually. Tessa is another one I’d like to see eventually to help bolster their women’s division.

Reactions: Hoss and Vegeta

V-Trigger

Reaction score
Marty is pretty much guaranteed. Btw he was the last name on Jericho's Lexicon. There have been so many hints they might as well beat us over the head with it. It's only a question of of if he comes alone or brings others with.

Bandido is up January 1st. There was mutual interest in the early stages of AEW (pre TV deal) but he chose the safer path for him. If you don't know him, think Fenix with a Kenny Omega like physique

Flip is up in a few months, as well. Good chance he comes. Brian Cage teased a future match with Omega couple days ago.

Adam Cole is also up in the summer of 2020. I don't think wwe would let him go, but anything is possible considering how close he's IRL to The Elite, Britt and The Bucks. With them re-signing guys to 5 year deals like candy, one has to wonder why he's not re-signed yet...

Tessa would also be great.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
"WWE wouldn't let him go"...... LOL Adam Cole wouldn't want to go anywhere.....

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I could see Cole dipping, depending on how things are with Baker. If they get to see each other often enough, he might not be inclined to go, but, if joining AEW and being able to travel with her arises if he doesn’t see her often, possibly.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Yeah he's only the top guy on their roster and doing the minimal NXT loops.....I doubt he is missing Britt Baker all that much since he's home more than anyone on SmackDown and Raw.