Admin: Racial sluurs... A little clarrity please

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
What do infractions do anyways? Do they take away rep points, or something? I still have my 90 point infraction (fuck)? I know its never going to expire, but lets say it does, I get 90 positive points?

LadyHotrod

This forum is a bit Blue. You get an infraction for something that you can say in HIAT. That is so gay. If it's wrong, it's wrong. Pretty stupid to make it acceptable in one section yet you get punished for it anywhere else.

The fact that racism is even allowed at all in this forum is degrading.

CT Styles

It's a period of time where you have points built up in your name and if you get a certain amount your banned for a certain amount. It doesn't concern rep in any way.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
When I tried to allow racist comments in a flaming section of an efed I once had, I lost all my members except for like, 3. lol. Guess it works here

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
This forum is a bit Blue. You get an infraction for something that you can say in HIAT. That is so gay. If it's wrong, it's wrong. Pretty stupid to make it acceptable in one section yet you get punished for it anywhere else.

Not trying to start anything but I think using racist slurs is just as bad as other things you say. Like Fag and things alone them lines.I'm pretty sure gay people don't like being called fag just like blacks don't like being called the N Word.

Like I said not trying to start anything just saying. Also don't come back with the I don't mean it part because if so then the ones using racist slurs can say the same thing.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Yeah, there was point a while back where we agreed to be a little more lax on the racial slurs, so everyone just went around saying "nigga" pretty much whenever they could, thus re-ruining everything.

And for the record, racial slurs don't bother me one bit, despite my black gf. I'm just doing my job with the concern of other members. We have had members leave due to someone repeatedly calling them a "nigger."

Travis40

^Smart man. Rep imo :shifty:

I highly doubt anyone actually means what they say in HiaT.

Unless you're Tarvis of course.

I feel loved :brows:

I usually never mean anything I say in HIAT though :dry:

But for the racial slurs. I don't think there should be a rule for it. It's only the internet and if words hurt you that much over the internet, you're either 5, or mentally Blue. That's just thowing my two cents out there.

^I meant that :y:

This Guy

I don't like racism of any kind. Slurs, jokes etc, none of if in my personal opinion should be allowed anywhere including this section. However when the admins talked about the rules revision I was the one who ended up writing out the new (current rules) listed. In my original write up, I had it so it was against the rules to do so here as well. However I was out voted on the matter so that rule was re-written to allow it here. Hense why I don't spend as much time here in HIAT anymore because thats mostly what this place has become.

With that said, I also am not a fan of slurs either. I had someone argue that the slang version of the N word is not racist. But slang version or not its still means the same thing. Just because some rap artist have made it common place doesn't change the origin of the word. So if I see it outside of HIAT I will act on it.

Qwake

Yeah and trust me guys TG means that, I found that out the hard way :(

And to the member/members on the other page that were saying racism shouldn't be on forums, stfu. You're talkin about why you can't go and be racist in other sections of the forum but you can in here, well alot of members go the the other sections to talk about whatever the certain topic is but in HIAT there are no rules so you can talk about/do PRETTY much anything you like, you don't like that or any racist remarks then don't come in HIAT, simple.

HIAT is awesome :y:

Beer

As much as I hate racism, something will pop up once in life. You are bound to meet someone who is bordering upon racism at some point. In my case, living in London for three years helped me cope with and not care about people who are racist because I would hear it near everyday.

LadyHotrod

Not trying to start anything but I think using racist slurs is just as bad as other things you say. Like Fag and things alone them lines.I'm pretty sure gay people don't like being called fag just like blacks don't like being called the N Word.

Like I said not trying to start anything just saying. Also don't come back with the I don't mean it part because if so then the ones using racist slurs can say the same thing.

Calling someone a fag and calling someone a racial slur are FAR different, my dear. I don't go around making homophobic slurs towards gay people at all. "Fag" is just some lame term people use to in the same way as calling someone an idiot. It's a different context.

Less people tend to get heated over people calling someone a fag (which is also a cig, by the way, so it doesn't necessarily have to be a "you're gay" type of thing) than if people use a racial slur. The discussion came up in another forum I go to and we have a few gay members who pretty much all said they were not offended by people who called other people fags.

My opinion, anyways :)

Yeah and trust me guys TG means that, I found that out the hard way :(

And to the member/members on the other page that were saying racism shouldn't be on forums, stfu. You're talkin about why you can't go and be racist in other sections of the forum but you can in here, well alot of members go the the other sections to talk about whatever the certain topic is but in HIAT there are no rules so you can talk about/do PRETTY much anything you like, you don't like that or any racist remarks then don't come in HIAT, simple.

HIAT is awesome :y:

STFU, douchebag.

Racism is never funny/cool/intelligent so it's only natural that a 10 year old idiot like you would think it's cool and fun. I hope a huge group of big, black guys beat the shit out of you and leave you for dead on the street.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
But for the racial slurs. I don't think there should be a rule for it. It's only the internet and if words hurt you that much over the internet, you're either 5, or mentally Blue. That's just thowing my two cents out there.

^I meant that :y:

Considering the fact that there are some people out there who completely refuse to acknowledge anything about a person other than negativity towards their race/gender/sexual preference/religion, I would have to disagree. You can't keep acting like the internet is a fantasy world where nothing ever happens. The internet has a link to the real world. Could you imagine a major company putting stuff on their website that was racist, and then when people complain they say "Hey, it's just the internet, grow up." Or hell, even if a poster on a forum was on the verge of getting their dream job, and somehow the people at your fantasy job were to stumble upon their racist posts, do you think they would ignore due to the fact that it's on the internet.

You cannot deny that things on the internet may have some effect on the real world or how people feel.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Calling someone a fag and calling someone a racial slur are FAR different, my dear. I don't go around making homophobic slurs towards gay people at all. "Fag" is just some lame term people use to in the same way as calling someone an idiot. It's a different context.

Less people tend to get heated over people calling someone a fag (which is also a cig, by the way, so it doesn't necessarily have to be a "you're gay" type of thing) than if people use a racial slur. The discussion came up in another forum I go to and we have a few gay members who pretty much all said they were not offended by people who called other people fags.

My opinion, anyways :)

Fair enough I can respect that opinion. I stick with mine but I can what you mean by yours.