Adele - Skyfall

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
[YOUTUBE]7HKoqNJtMTQ[/YOUTUBE]

Adele was chosen to perform the James Bond song for the latest movie release Skyfall, out in cinemas next month! It was released a few days ago and it has already been getting plenty of airplay.

For me I think that this is a really good Bond song. It has the Bond feel to it which has been missing from the last three or four Bond songs. You can hear the big band behind her and she has such a strong voice. I still think that the Bond producers are missing a trick by not getting Michael Buble to perform a song for one of the movies with a full big band including horns behind him, he has the perfect voice and sound for Bond in my opinion.

Do you like the song? Do you think it works as a Bond song?

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
To me no Bond song will ever be half as good as Live & Let Die.

Adele definately fits the classic Bond style opening song, and I am glad they went with someone who can sing, and has a band that actually plays their instruments. With that being said, this song is not one I would go out of my way to listen to either, nothing against her, but its just not my style of music.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They went back to that classic style and it has worked well. Jack White with "Another Way to Die" had a unique take last time but it wasn't that good and the same goes for Chris Cornell with "You Know My Name" and that dreadful Madonna song.

Live and Let Die is a great Bond song but "Goldfinger" and "Diamonds are Forever" by Shirley Bassey and "Nobody Does it Better" by Carly Simon are right up there as well.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I personally enjoy the song. Makes me feel as though I'd be watching a Bond film. Which is really nice considering the new ones to me have not felt like Bond films at all.