ADD/ADHD rant.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
BETTER CALL SAUL! :angry:
b3700b63db645fa33c3c053b4b6f1578.jpg

Traffic accident? Better Call Saul! Injured on the job? Call now! Confessed to a homicide? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!? Welcome to the law offices of Saul Goodman and associates. From slip and falls to Mass murders, we are your one stop shop for your legal needs. You may ask "How can he do it" BECAUSE I CARE! If they say you are breaking bad, you better call Saul!​

Reactions: catlady and Farooq

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
ADD is the result of too much multitasking. We are use to it so when we try to do only one thing, we simply can't pay attention. Think about it. Makes sense. You didn't hear about this junk before the huge technology boom. Its just another name to another "illness" that has nothing to do with being sick. They make millions every year selling meds for this that screw people up severely.

I can guarantee one month away from most technology (cells, computers, video games, tv, ect) and it will no longer be an issue. Kids have this option as they don't work and parents need to show them doing too much at once can effect how you focus on one thing at a time.

I'm constantly doing multiple things at once and I can still focus right.

"They make millions every year selling meds for this that screw people up severely." just sounds like a Britaspiracy so I'm gonna ignore that :lol1: (inb4 jonatwat etc. cause you don't have an actual answer)

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
You really shouldn't just rant about an illness because it's over diagnosed. Whilst I agree that the vast majority of children diagnosed with it are probably misdiagnosed, it is something that is very real. My sister suffers with Psychosis (which includes Anxiety, OCD, Depression, and others), Aspergers, and ADD. Because of the amount of children supposedly diagnosed with ADD, it is seen as either an illness that doesn't exist - an excuse, as some people call it - or an illness that isn't very serious. We didn't know my sister suffered with ADD until a year or two ago, and she has had it since she was a child. She could not, and because of that DID NOT, focus or try in school. She became easily frustrated and inevitably got into continuous trouble in a variety of situations. She pretty much suffers with every single symptom listed that you claim to be "bullshit", and more.

It's very difficult for her and for us to communicate with her on a high level for a long period of time, and that is inevitably frustrating for both parties. Please, unless you have a sufficient understanding of mental health, don't rant about it online. "These aren't symptoms, these are the result of kids not being disciplined" - in some cases yeah, but don't speak about that as fact. Because all of us suffer from one or two of these symptoms oftenly, it doesn't mean they're not symptoms, or are symptoms because of how we were raised. If you suffered from all of them consistently, then you can agree it's a problem, right? The only example I can give is depression. All of us have been depressed at some point in our life, and some people more than others, but depression as a diagnosed mental health illness is very real.

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
To be honest, I've known @Black_Jesus since MP, him randomly ranting on a highly serious topic he had under researched, only using 1-3 sources, is nothing out of the ordinary.. Btw, in school they taught me 4-7 sources at least, if you want to create a credible argument (GCSE History bitches).

While, I understand the point you are making with misdiagnosis; where in people may be getting diagnosed when they don't actually have it, this doesn't mean though that it doesn't exist, that's just you generalising because you're angry about for some reason that I don't completely understand.

I was personally diagnosed at 5 for ADHD/ADD as well as three other conditions e.g. Dyspraxia. While there's a possibility I am misdiagnosed, it's not like 'better discipline' magically makes it better, I know people not diagnosed of ADHD (their parents attempted testing;not diagnosed) that are very poorly disciplined, please try to give some credit to the experts in charge of diagnosing the condition.

And I've GOT TO address you going to some kid, who you may not know anything about for I all know, not know his personal life, or the experience of the expert diagnosing him and go to him that doesn't ADHD, then you're a fucking tool, that's bad manners. If someone did that to me, I'd be offended, especially because they're not me, so who they to make a definitive judgement, and say it to my face like they're a know it all.

Also, you bitching about the money given to the people with the condition; Triple A economy, stop crying bbycakes <3 :) xxxxxxx
You claiming money for ADD....Actually you could gain benefit from having the "Faeces from the mouth" disorder, sure there's some cash in it for you for that.

While I respect the fact you have an opinion, I don't really respect your opinion. But at least you created lively discussion in a thread, so good for you I guess..

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I'll agree that it is overly diagnosed and its sad that parents would rather drug their kids than pay attention to them, not to mention the shithead doctors who go along with it because they are in bed with everyone from the pharmaceutical industry.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
According to the criteria, it seems kids simply acting like kids is enough to drug them for ADHD. Very convenient for the pharmaceutical industry to prey on ignorant parents with.

Reactions: catlady

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
To be honest, I've known @Black_Jesus since MP, him randomly ranting on a highly serious topic he had under researched, only using 1-3 sources, is nothing out of the ordinary.. Btw, in school they taught me 4-7 sources at least, if you want to create a credible argument (GCSE History bitches).

While, I understand the point you are making with misdiagnosis; where in people may be getting diagnosed when they don't actually have it, this doesn't mean though that it doesn't exist, that's just you generalising because you're angry about for some reason that I don't completely understand.

I was personally diagnosed at 5 for ADHD/ADD as well as three other conditions e.g. Dyspraxia. While there's a possibility I am misdiagnosed, it's not like 'better discipline' magically makes it better, I know people not diagnosed of ADHD (their parents attempted testing;not diagnosed) that are very poorly disciplined, please try to give some credit to the experts in charge of diagnosing the condition.

And I've GOT TO address you going to some kid, who you may not know anything about for I all know, not know his personal life, or the experience of the expert diagnosing him and go to him that doesn't ADHD, then you're a fucking tool, that's bad manners. If someone did that to me, I'd be offended, especially because they're not me, so who they to make a definitive judgement, and say it to my face like they're a know it all.

Also, you bitching about the money given to the people with the condition; Triple A economy, stop crying bbycakes <3 :) xxxxxxx
You claiming money for ADD....Actually you could gain benefit from having the "Faeces from the mouth" disorder, sure there's some cash in it for you for that.

While I respect the fact you have an opinion, I don't really respect your opinion. But at least you created lively discussion in a thread, so good for you I guess..
I was bitching about the people who claim to have it that don't have it. Just to collect disability. Also, pretty sure I am not mentally challenged in any way shape or form, so I can't claim disability.

Also, I do know the kid and explain where I was coming from in my comment. He didn't get offended at all, me and him are still friends, still talk every day.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
What was this thread about again? I wasn't paying attention? :troll:

Reactions: Action Jackson