ADD/ADHD rant.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
Okay, just felt like ranting on people with ADD/ADHD. First off, ADHD doesn't exist in kids. It's an excuse for why kids don't pay attention in school or are getting bad grades. No, it's because your kid doesn't know when to listen. "Approximately 11% of children 4-17 years of age (6.4 million) have been diagnosed with ADHD as of 2011." Bull.Fucking.Shit. "The percentage of children with an ADHD diagnosis continues to increase, from 7.8% in 2003 to 9.5% in 2007 and to 11.0% in 2011." Now, this statistics have raised from 11. (I just couldn't find any, this is coming off http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/adhd/data.html) Anyways, the numbers are way too high for me to believe 6.4 million kids have ADHD. The bad thing is, when you grow up, YOU CAN CLAIM DISABILITY FOR THIS! You can't prove that a person doesn't have ADD/ADHD. Here are some symptoms of ADHD.

• Fails to give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes in schoolwork
  • Has difficulty keeping attention during tasks or play
  • Does not seem to listen when spoken to directly
  • Does not follow through on instructions and fails to finish schoolwork or chores and tasks
  • Has problems organizing tasks and activities
  • Avoids or dislikes tasks that require sustained mental effort (such as schoolwork)
  • Often loses toys, assignments, pencils, books, or tools needed for tasks or activities
  • Is easily distracted
  • Is often forgetful in daily activities
Those aren't symptoms, those are kids not being disciplined. In these are true, most of my school has ADHD, which is fucking bullshit.

• Fidgets with hands or feet or squirms in seat
  • Leaves seat when remaining seated is expected
  • Runs about or climbs in inappropriate situations
  • Has problems playing or working quietly
  • Is often "on the go," acts as if "driven by a motor"
  • Talks excessively
Again, fucking bullshit. This is kids not being disciplined. I am repeating my self here but, if so, almost all of my school has ADHD. I even told a kid straight to his face he doesn't have ADHD, he isn't disciplined.

Also, fuck adults with ADD, claiming disability. Well, I know how I am gonna make money when I grow up!

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
I will agree with you on a few things. Based on recent statistics, ADD and ADHD are overly diagnosed. There are several factors I think the medical community and educational professions are overlooking. We need to consider the child's age as well as the functionality of the behavior. Instead of labeling someone, what are some adjustments the parents and teachers can make to minimize the behavior? Simply changing the seating arrangement for the child, breaking down homework assignments, etc. could be some things that could be tailored for the child to make things easier in school. It could be that the child is lazy (in which case there would need to be discussion about motivation and self-regulation skills for the child), but it could simply be an issue of the environment.

Either way, it's important to recognize that the DSM IV diagnostic criteria for ADD/ADHD is ambiguous and open to interpretation. Because the criteria is vague, that's when it's important to consider the following. In order to diagnose someone with a disorder, a general rule of thumb is to consider if it is impacting multiple areas of the person's life and making it difficult to function properly in everyday life. Problem solving in the classroom, in the home, etc. with methods that don't involve medication, etc. will tell us whether or not it is something the person can and cannot control well on their own. If it is impacting more than one area of a person's life and disruptive to daily functioning, a diagnosis may be appropriate. Intervention would then be tailored to benefit the person's personal needs. Some adults may find out later on in life that this is something that has been impacting their lives and pursue help.

Coon

Resident Rodent
Reaction score
ADHD and ADD aren't predominantly the same thing; hard discipline for ADD would do nothing but make it even worse, because it would just cause their brain to feel even more stress and the person would end up spending the majority of his attention trying to resolve the stress, and not focusing on the actual task.

I can agree with claiming bullshit on ADHD, because children are naturally supposed to be hyperactive, but don't shit on ADD if you have no actual proof to back it up. Brains are different, they interpret information differently. It's far too easy to claim bullshit on ADD as an outsider, because you don't experience the symptoms. It's pretty much the same as claiming bullshit on autism.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Okay, I'm about to get real serious up in this mug, because this is something that a lot of my friends have been "diagnosed" with. I'm not going to sit here and try to deny that real medically proven mental disabilities exist. People suffer from irrational fears, seeing things(Hallucinations) and life crushing illnesses that can destroy the person if left untreated. I don't blame those people for taking drugs, they need to feel better. I actually applaud them

It's the people that try to rid any dose of their natural human emotion that disgust me. Each emotion is a key part to the human mind and psyche imo. You need to have sadness to appreciate happiness. You need the ups and the downs to experience life fully. Without anger, how do you appreciate a calm day, just a smoke in your hand and the wind blowing on your face? I think people that are seraching for a diagnoses are denying the emotions which makes them unique, and a human. Our minds work the way they do for a reason.

I think a lot of people search for diagnoses because their lives aren't going the way they want it to, and instead of admitting it to themselves and trying to change it naturally, they head to a white coat jackoff and look for a diagnoses that alleviates whatever is going on. If a dude in a white coat tells you that you're messed up, then there is no real reason to want to change it now is there?

Maybe there is nothing wrong with the way we think. Maybe we're seeing the world the way it's supposed to be seen. Maybe there is something wrong with the world, and we're fine.

Or perhaps we've got something up with us, who knows. Rant over

Last edited:
Reactions: TheTNHMaster

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
ADHD and ADD aren't predominantly the same thing; hard discipline for ADD would do nothing but make it even worse, because it would just cause their brain to feel even more stress and the person would end up spending the majority of his attention trying to resolve the stress, and not focusing on the actual task.

I can agree with claiming bullshit on ADHD, because children are naturally supposed to be hyperactive, but don't shit on ADD if you have no actual proof to back it up. Brains are different, they interpret information differently. It's far too easy to claim bullshit on ADD as an outsider, because you don't experience the symptoms. It's pretty much the same as claiming bullshit on autism.
Don't think I was really claiming bullshit on ADD, think I was claiming bullshit on adults that claim disability for it.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
ADD is the result of too much multitasking. We are use to it so when we try to do only one thing, we simply can't pay attention. Think about it. Makes sense. You didn't hear about this junk before the huge technology boom. Its just another name to another "illness" that has nothing to do with being sick. They make millions every year selling meds for this that screw people up severely.

I can guarantee one month away from most technology (cells, computers, video games, tv, ect) and it will no longer be an issue. Kids have this option as they don't work and parents need to show them doing too much at once can effect how you focus on one thing at a time.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Yeah, isn't this you?

bae1ba942f8ca3b824e6728779fab544.jpg

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
BETTER CALL SAUL! :angry: