Adam Cole to AEW Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Cole vs Aleister Black is another great NXT match that I'd recommend from him

• Love
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Cole to me is someone who can have a good to great match with the right opponent. I think they are plenty of people in AEW who could possibly work with him to have some matches worth watching. Only time will tell, that's if he does show up.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Cole to me is someone who can have a good to great match with the right opponent. I think they are plenty of people in AEW who could possibly work with him to have some matches worth watching. Only time will tell, that's if he does show up.

It's why I think he'll be great if he joins AEW. It just feels to me like a lot of guys on the roster will vibe with his style well. He produces magic with the right opponents.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I agree with Mitch tbh. He's certainly not somebody I would be paying out of the ass to either keep or get. I know he's tight with the higher ups in AEW, but personally whether he's with the WWE or AEW I think he's a midcarder who maybe gets the odd shot at the main title but doesn't win it.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I agree with Mitch tbh. He's certainly not somebody I would be paying out of the ass to either keep or get. I know he's tight with the higher ups in AEW, but personally whether he's with the WWE or AEW I think he's a midcarder who maybe gets the odd shot at the main title but doesn't win it.

I'm fine with that honestly. I realise not everybody coming in is going to be a main event talent holding the title. I do think he could be a worthy opponent for it at some point and put on a banger match, even if he doesn't win.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Also, whilst I'm here, people should watch this if they don't know much about Cole. A big title win in Cole's career and the match is crazy.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'm fine with that honestly. I realise not everybody coming in is going to be a main event talent holding the title. I do think he could be a worthy opponent for it at some point and put on a banger match, even if he doesn't win.
still a TNT championship and the rumored Trios championship + he could easily be in a tag team an win that. Not seeing someone as a world title holder is a pretty large barge when the title is actually protected in AEW, so you can pretty much say that about 97% of the current roster anyways :draper2

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Yeah, I think most know he isn't my bag. He's got a lot of negative tendencies (including my least favorite finisher in wrestling quite likely) that drag him down for me. I'd say overrated it the best word for him to me because I do think he's good across the board, I just wouldn't ever put him in any best in the world conversations like some do. All that said, the core AEW fanbase would love to have Cole on board and I think it's fair to assume that there are some NXT diehards that would be likely to follow him to TNT if that's the move he makes. It only makes sense if you're AEW to try to lock him up, and I'm pretty sure they have.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah, I think most know he isn't my bag. He's got a lot of negative tendencies (including my least favorite finisher in wrestling quite likely) that drag him down for me. I'd say overrated it the best word for him to me because I do think he's good across the board, I just wouldn't ever put him in any best in the world conversations like some do. All that said, the core AEW fanbase would love to have Cole on board and I think it's fair to assume that there are some NXT diehards that would be likely to follow him to TNT if that's the move he makes. It only makes sense if you're AEW to try to lock him up, and I'm pretty sure they have.
is his finisher still last shot? its pretty meh as is the panama sunrise obviously.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Pretty much my thoughts, I was quite high on him before the last couple years of the NXT run (Gargano series and all the festivities afterwards mostly) though so I can see myself coming back around fairly easily

Reactions: Hoss

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
is his finisher still last shot? its pretty meh as is the panama sunrise obviously.

I think he was referring to the Panama sunrise bit yeah both of these are his finishes still yeah

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Yeah, the Panama Sunrise is the one I have a problem with. It's just unbelievavbly stupid with the contrived setup that makes his opponents looks idiotic and to make matters worse... it gets kicked out of CONSTANTLY. :lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I think he was referring to the Panama sunrise bit yeah both of these are his finishes still yeah

I dunno when he switched over to it but yea his version just...is not my jam and I actually like destroyers and the likes. Last Shot was ok when he took off his knee bad but I would agree with EC that his finishers are very...not the greatest. I can see why certain ppl may not liek his match styles, I guess I'm lucky to have skipped most of the gargano stuff and remember him fondly still.

Will be interesting to see if he changes around his moveset etc if he comes over to AEW

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah, the Panama Sunrise is the one I have a problem with. It's just unbelievavbly stupid with the contrived setup that makes his opponents looks idiotic and to make matters worse... it gets kicked out of CONSTANTLY. :lol
its legit one of my least favorite variations of the destroyer and I always disliked when he himself did it, so I can understand this POV for sure

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't have much heat with the Last Shot itself but when all these other big moves he does are getting kicked out of....yeah it's not the best lol I'd be cool with him keeping that tho if he adjusted thr rest of the movement some