ACW PPV Schedule

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_King

Reaction score
This was just the initial list I posted in the Staff Reference thread with a few changes so nothing here’s definite. Let’s try to knock out a complete list by July 7!

Pay-Per-View Schedule
January: ??? [Royal Rumble?]
February: ???
March: ??? [Wrestlemania?]
April: ACW Overdrive
May: ACW Riot Act
June: ACW Striking Distance (Focus on Rookies)
July: ACW Hunting Ground [Hardcore Theme]
August: ACW Gold Rush [Strange Bedfellows Tournament + MITB Match]
September: ACW Vendetta
October: ACW Halloween Havoc/ACW Bonds That Break [Elimination Chamber] (Halloween-ish name or Cage name? haha)
November: ???
December: ACW Christmas Carnage (I've got two good gimmick matches for this, but I'm blanking right now haha).

Other Suggestions: ACW Size Matters; ACW Survival of the Strongest; ACW Pecking Order; ACW All or Nothing; ACW Fallout; ACW Endgame; ACW AfterShock; ACW Retribution; ACW Danger Zone; ACW Defiance; ACW Vendetta; ACW Anger Management; ACW Gods of the Arena; ACW Final Countdown; ACW Collision Course; ACW Chaos; ACW Changing Tides

PPVs We Need
-ACW ‘Royal Rumble’
-ACW ‘Wrestlemania’
-Possibly an ACW ‘Survivor Series’ (Ten Man Elimination Tag PPV)
-I’m imagining our big four as: ACW ‘Royal Rumble’; ACW ‘Wrestlemania’; ACW Gold Rush; ACW Bonds That Break

Last edited:

BDC

Reaction score
This was just the initial list I posted in the Staff Reference thread with a few changes so nothing here’s definite. Let’s try to knock out a complete list by July 7!

Pay-Per-View Schedule
January: ??? [Royal Rumble?]
February: ???
March: ??? [Wrestlemania?]
June: ACW Striking Distance (Focus on Rookies)
July: ACW Hunting Ground [Hardcore Theme]
August: ACW Gold Rush [Strange Bedfellows Tournament + MITB Match]
September: ???
October: ACW Halloween Havoc/ACW Bonds That Break [Elimination Chamber] (Halloween-ish name or Cage name? haha)
November: ???
December: ACW Christmas Carnage (I've got two good gimmick matches for this, but I'm blanking right now haha).

Other Suggestions: ACW Size Matters; ACW Survival of the Strongest; ACW Pecking Order; ACW All or Nothing; ACW Fallout; ACW Endgame; ACW AfterShock; ACW Retribution; ACW Danger Zone; ACW Defiance; ACW Vendetta; ACW Anger Management; ACW Gods of the Arena; ACW Final Countdown; ACW Collision Course; ACW Chaos; ACW Changing Tides

PPVs We Need
-ACW ‘Royal Rumble’
-ACW ‘Wrestlemania’
-Possibly an ACW ‘Survivor Series’ (Ten Man Elimination Tag PPV)
-I’m imagining our big four as: ACW ‘Royal Rumble’; ACW ‘Wrestlemania’; ACW Gold Rush; ACW Bonds That Break

Cool...on the next PPV; Hunting Ground; we will crown our first ACW Predator Champion...cool!
And Gold Rush sounds good! I say we do the strange bedfellows right. UWF hacked it to death.
I say we do Vendetta for Sept.

The_King

Reaction score
Tossed Vendetta in for September.

Here's some ideas for our Mania/Rumble names:
WM: WrestleMania, Homecoming
Royal Rumble: Royal Rumble; All or Nothing; Survival of the Strongest; Chaos; Final Countdown

I think those would all fit the themes. Anyone got anything else?

Pete

Reaction score
I really REALLy like the alternate suggestions. All of them.

The_King

Reaction score
Let's do it this way to get it out of the way haha. We'll go by one PPV at at time and all toss out one name for it till we reach a consensus. After each month has a PPV, we can argue what names need tweaking.

So first PPV:
January (Our version of 'Royal Rumble')
My Vote for the name: ACW Royal Rumble (Keep it simple haha).
Pete, Beedz, Prime?

BDC

Reaction score
Let's muddy the waters a little
Here's some MORE suggestions
(DOn't wanna use Royal...but RUMBLE is cool

Seige
move Riot Act here?
RIOT RUMBLE
Radical Rumble
Rage N Rumble
Ring Reign
Anarchy Rumble
Psycho-Rumble
Bedlam

The_King

Reaction score
K we'll drop the 'Royal Rumble' name, might as well be original haha.

From that list, I like ACW Ring Reign and ACW Bedlam (haven't head that word in forever haha).
But, I'd toss my vote with Pete for ACW Survival of the Strongest of the ones I've seen. I think it fits it best.
Prime?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Not keen on taking direct names also not really all that keen on having a Royal Rumble esque show in January or a Mania esque show in March. The mania esque show should be an anniversary show so whenever we started is when I'd do it. as for names not really liking any of them

BDC

Reaction score
The original 'Anniversary' show was supposed to be in August, I think....But we started in like Feb or April...

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Then we should do it in feb or April

The_King

Reaction score
Just looked it up. Adrenaline 1 was the beginning of February and the original PPV was in March.
We could do February, but I think we should keep it in March. The forum will be hopping because WM is just around the corner, and the hype will likely translate to the e-fed.

K, we still need a name for our 'Royal Rumble'. Prime, you said you didn't like any of them, so you got anything?

The_King

Reaction score
Since we kinda’ stalled, I typed this up. Pick out what names/gimmicks you don’t like. Then, I’ll post it to get the fedders’ opinions on it.

Pay-Per-View Schedule
January: ACW Survival of the Strongest
February: ACW Road to Glory
March: ACW Homecoming
June: ACW Striking Distance
July: ACW Hunting Ground
August: ACW Gold Rush
September: ACW Vendetta
October: ACW Bonds That Break
November: ACW Fallout
December: ACW Christmas Carnage

Notes
-The Big Four: ACW Survival of the Strongest; ACW Homecoming; ACW Gold Rush; ACW Bonds That Break;
-ACW Survival of the Strongest: Royal Rumble
-ACW Homecoming: Wrestlemania
-ACW Striking Distance: Focus on Rookies; Possibly a KOTR Tourney leading up to it?
-ACW Hunting Ground: Focus on the Predator Division
-ACW Gold Rush: Strange Bedfellows Tournament; MITB Match
-ACW Bonds That Break: Elimination Chamber
-ACW Christmas Carnage: Got two gimmick matches for this. 1.) Twelve Terrors of Christmas- winner must do twelve hardcore ‘terrors’ (hit someone with a chair, break the announcer’s table, etc) to win. 2.) Christmas Present Match- Barbed wire Christmas tree in the ring with presents (hardcore weapons) wrapped under it.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Pete

Reaction score
ACW Christmas Carnage = :RUSSO:

Other than that, my only complaint is the name Defiance. Sounds a little generic. Ditto Vendetta, but for some reason I like that one.

The_King

Reaction score
Toss another name out there, and I'll replace it haha. For that one, I just looked at the list and put down the first short name that wasn't ridiculous lol.