ACW General Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDC

Reaction score
some...theyve been assigned and almost done

Next show we should have more writters. We have King helping this time with Pete, Slim and me. You, RRS, Primetime and Derrick have shown interest in writing matches. SHould change everything.

also...patience

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah I was supposed to write one but work and school work got in the way.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Must of the guys won't know who you are we had a merge though slim probably remembers. You should get back in on this

The_King

Reaction score
some...theyve been assigned and almost done

Next show we should have more writters. We have King helping this time with Pete, Slim and me. You, RRS, Primetime and Derrick have shown interest in writing matches. SHould change everything.

also...patience
It's only been 24 hours, no rush!
But if I could suggest something, you guys might want to consider passing out writing assignments the day the show goes on air and write the matches while the show is on air so that they will be done by the deadline. Not to bring up old e-feds again, but that was the XWF system and it worked for five or so years until we ran out of writers. To be fair, you have to write not knowing what happened in the RPs (and this can sometimes backfire), but generally, anything that may affect the match can be edited really easily after the deadline.
^This way, you can get up results quickly and can avoid the inevitable complaining each week (and I know how annoying that is haha)!

hyourinmaru said:
I'm back if you'll have me
I'm sure they'd be happy to take you back, but welcome back anyways!

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Welcome back fellas.

Andy

Reaction score
It's only been 24 hours, no rush!
But if I could suggest something, you guys might want to consider passing out writing assignments the day the show goes on air and write the matches while the show is on air so that they will be done by the deadline. Not to bring up old e-feds again, but that was the XWF system and it worked for five or so years until we ran out of writers. To be fair, you have to write not knowing what happened in the RPs (and this can sometimes backfire), but generally, anything that may affect the match can be edited really easily after the deadline.
^This way, you can get up results quickly and can avoid the inevitable complaining each week (and I know how annoying that is haha)!

I'm sure they'd be happy to take you back, but welcome back anyways!

LOL, a little late, Sean. I already suggested this to Pete about a week ago, but it was too late to do anything like that for this PPV. They haven't had the time to put anything in the fed together formally, as their man focus for this past week has indeed been writing the results along with rating. I even suggested a passworded subforum be made in creative where people could post their matches and be repped for doing so, much like we did in XWF.

And TWA, fuck it. Just post the thing yourself. You don't have to wait for someone to post it.

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
LOL, a little late, Sean. I already suggested this to Pete about a week ago, but it was too late to do anything like that for this PPV. They haven't had the time to put anything in the fed together formally, meaning ANY systems, as their man focus for this past week has indeed been writing the results along with rating.

You were also late I posted it two months ago. But that is the best way write the match up until the finish and then after people RP write the finish.

Andy

Reaction score
You were also late I posted it two months ago. But that is the best way write the match up until the finish and then after people RP write the finish.

Nah, breh. We had all of the matches written completely, but with two different endings. Depending on who won, we posted the ending that was relevant to the winning character.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Nah, breh. We had all of the matches written completely, but with two different endings. Depending on who won, we posted the ending that was relevant to the winning character.

Ah I suppose you could do that but if someone hadn't RP'd I tend to rewrite the match and reflect that unless they had a reason or told me. Not a fan of a match between two people being even if one guy didn't rp.

Andy

Reaction score
LOL, yeah. We wrote them the way I mentioned, and as Sean said, we made quick alterations after the show went off-air and had the results up within at least an hour.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
It'll be fine once the writting staff is hammered out they've figured out how many matches each can write and need other people to help out. I'm sure if I'd done my match on time it'd have helped as it was had to back out this week which never helps I don't mind having a day to wait give time to rest up before getting the creative juices going.

Though I will say once the Show is up the card should directly follow. Don't like waiting inbetween that way as after reading a show I may have something going but have no idea who im facing.

Status
Not open for further replies.