Ab Workout

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Okay, I have been getting so many different people advise me on different ways to get my Ab workout done quickly, and easily. What do you all think? An easy way to get six pack abs?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I'm probably the worse person to answer this since abs have always been a weakness of mine. I just can't commit myself to getting the six-pack right.

However, whenever I do try to put the effort in, I look do this:

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/index.html

And make sure you back it up with workouts based on strengthening your core.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Planks are effective (put your feet on a bed end or a couch and hold your body up in a straight line for 30 seconds, two intervals), figure four crunches (cross one leg over your opposite knee and crunch up while pulling your legs toward your body), Sit-ups with a twist are good for you as well. There really isn't an "easy" way to get six pack abs, but there are ways to help shred your ab area in order to flatten, tone, then sculpt. Like LB said, any core exercise should do the trick (I do those at least once a day) and the best results come from when you feel that burn in your abs and you keep going.

Reaction score
What I have started doing, is laying on the floor and placing both feet under the end of a couch, and doing sit ups that way. I do this because its easier for the leverage on pulling myself up instead of being on an open floor and my feet come off of the ground. I do the twisting too, which I hear help produce the side muscles, I am very impatient though, I want to see results asap! lol... I do about 200 a day

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
What I have started doing, is laying on the floor and placing both feet under the end of a couch, and doing sit ups that way. I do this because its easier for the leverage on pulling myself up instead of being on an open floor and my feet come off of the ground. I do the twisting too, which I hear help produce the side muscles, I am very impatient though, I want to see results asap! lol... I do about 200 a day

Nothing will make it happen overnight...takes a lot of time and clean eating as well.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It's really hard to get abs. I do 100 regular sit ups a day. You can stand back facing the table then put both hands on the table and hold yourself up. Then slowly move your legs up and down. Do 12 and take a break then do another 12 until you get to 48.

Max Lavoix

Reaction score
The plank is one of the most effective exercises without any doubt because it works all of your core. As for the crunches, if you want to really work on your abs, try not lifting your entire upper body, just get your shoulder blades off the floor, it is great for the upper abs.

Here's the best example I've found:

[video=youtube;31rWi1EuUzE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31rWi1EuUzE&feature=relmfu[/video]

The best exercise to get abs is the PLANK without a doubt, as it works all of your core. I usually do it when I finish my ab workout and after that, you should really feel the burn in your abs.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
You can do a million sit ups/crunches a day and it won't do shit for you unless you have between 2% - 10 % body fat. And 10% is really pushing it. You want the abs, do the cardio, work your overall body, and eat clean as possible. Notice I said as clean as possible. Don't deprive yourself, because one day you will begin a binge that will cause everything to back fire.

Source: 6'1" 210LBs 8% body fat ;)

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE

Castiel

Reaction score
Good advice, Swamps. Inferno, aren't you like 13? Wait until your older to start working out, kids in my school that started at your age didn't improve and I'm pretty sure it stunted their growth.