A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET FANS! Your day has come!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Definitely. What you're used to plays a big factor. I grew up in the vhs age, but didn't get big into slashers until dro into the dvd era.

That's not to say I'm against Blu Ray mind you. I'll buy anything new on Blu Ray, and even a bunch of older films like Gone With The Wind or Ben Hur. Basically anything that's sweeping and epic is great on BR, while I prefer grimy slashers on VHS.

James Bond

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
I agree for some films. The F13's have a nice nasty look on vhs. Other than that, I haven't seen too many on vhs. But I can understand what you mean when you say that.

And I know you're not against blu. It's hard to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I like quite a bit of stuff on Blu Ray as well, as it is hard not to with today's movies. Hell even a lot of the action films of the 80's that I love, I love to watch on Blu Ray. It ruins them a bit for me, but they were bad to begin with. :lol:

Rambo, for example, I love on Blu Ray. All four movies just look awesome in high definition.

James Bond

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
I really love the look of Halloween on blu, besides the slightly drained color. The additional detail is amazing. Plus, it wasn't meant to be grimy like other slashers. Some films, that are meant to look nasty, I can get behind viewing on vhs.

Alot of those old films really shine on blu.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
It's hard to say Halloween wasn't meant to be grimy when it was shot on the same 35mm Panavision stock as many other films of the day were. It looks nice all cleaned up on Blu Ray, but it looks just as good with its imperfections shining through. Carpenter's film proves you don't have to have the slickest media available to make the movie look great, you just have to understand shot composition and lighting.