A Good Day to Die Hard

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
[video=youtube;wVkzZD92cMQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVkzZD92cMQ[/video]

Directed By: John Moore

Starring: Bruce Willis, Jai Courtney, Mary Elizabeth Winstead

Plot: John McClane travels to Russia to help out his seemingly wayward son, Jack, only to discover that Jack is a CIA operative working to prevent a nuclear-weapons heist, causing the father and son to team up against underworld forces.​

As big of a Die Hard fan as I am, I can't wait for this one. Hard to believe the first Die Hard was originally released 23 years ago.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This series has run its course as far as I am concerned, its time for Willis to move on as an actor.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This is just a cash cow for Willis. I think this one and that one that came out a couple years ago really hurt the series. It wasn't necessary to continue it unless someone else just reprised Willis role who you know is much younger. Jason Statham would have been interesting.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Die Hard 5: We're Running Out Of Ideas

Die Hard 6: We'll Bring Back Bonnie Bedelia Who Played Holly McClaine In Die Hard 1&2

Die Hard 7: Jason Statham will wear a black suit and a black tie and look constipated the whole time while he steals something and uses martial arts and deadpans his lines in a British accent

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Die Hard on a boat, someone takes over an ocean liner, McClane thought he was finally on the vacation he deserved, him and his daughter, who gets kidnapped and John must trust this suspected terrorist (Russell Peters) who may or may not be a terrorist to save the nuclear armed boat and his daughter.

Coming Soon......

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The Fourth was better than the second. People just don't want to except it because Willis is older, you don't die at 50 I'm sure there are plenty of guys that age that could out perform members of this forum.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The Fourth was better than the second. People just don't want to except it because Willis is older, you don't die at 50 I'm sure there are plenty of guys that age that could out perform members of this forum.

Yeah, second was definitely the worst in the series. Don't see why the fourth got so much hate, I really liked it.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Die Hard on a boat, someone takes over an ocean liner, McClane thought he was finally on the vacation he deserved, him and his daughter, who gets kidnapped and John must trust this suspected terrorist (Russell Peters) who may or may not be a terrorist to save the nuclear armed boat and his daughter.

Coming Soon......

Oh God.. I can actually see it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

I don't think thats true, its more to do with people having fond memories of the original series and the sense that the series has gone far enough. I like Willis there were far greater problems then him in 4th film, it was just badly written, with bland supporting characters and aimless direction and stunts.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I don't think thats true, its more to do with people having fond memories of the original series and the sense that the series has gone far enough. I like Willis there were far greater problems then him in 4th film, it was just badly written, with bland supporting characters and aimless direction and stunts.

I'd agree the whole fire sale notion and that John McClane is the only one to stop it very far fetched. But so was his being the only guy in the second and in the second film you had virtually no supporting cast. You had like 8 people he interacted with and they were all as annoying as the villain.

The third wasn't really all that much better but you had two leads that were trying to out quip each other which kinda made it feel better. So in reality they've all been pretty shitty and failed attempts to remake the glory of the first one.

That said no reason to quit.

FalconPunch

Reaction score
I think the franchise should Die Hard after the last 2 films...

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
It's a popular series of films, I understand why it's continuing. I kind of hope it becomes similar to Bond in a sense. Where they find someone else to take the role. Perhaps passing the torch down son to son?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It's a popular series of films, I understand why it's continuing. I kind of hope it becomes similar to Bond in a sense. Where they find someone else to take the role. Perhaps passing the torch down son to son?

Difference is Bond didn't take a 13 year gap between films. Isn't the problem than no one will ever be able to fill the Willis part, he was that good and is now like a shadow over the films.