8 shot to death in Ohio, including child

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CenaMark54

From Gerweck.net:

WWE has finally stopped announcing Rated RKO vs. Cena/Michaels for the Tag Team Titles, for RAW the night after Backlash in Nashville, TN on April 30. As of this weekend, the new Main Event is John Cena taking on Randy Orton for the WWE Championship.

Well this is pretty strange. Apparently, Randy Orton will be taking on John Cena the night after Backlash.

This could mean several things, none really telling us what is really going on with Orton.

Here are the different scenario's;

Orton Never Got in Trouble;
1. Orton will win the title and start a program with Cena
2. Cena will retain and start a program with Orton
3. Cena will retain and squash Orton one night only.

Orton Got in Trouble;
1. One of the above events was supposed to happen but the ad was put out before Orton got in trouble and they have yet to change it.
2. The kayfabe excuse will be an injury angle where Cena demolishes Orton.

Maloney

Reaction score
Hopefully he gets released. Hes not doing anything for WWE right now. They wont do it though because there to afraid he'll end up in TNA.

CenaMark54

^^I don't want him released at all. He is one of the few wrestlers I still like.

I could care less what people chose to do outside of the ring. If he wants to be an asshole, well thats fine by me.

Soulpower

From Gerweck.net:

Well this is pretty strange. Apparently, Randy Orton will be taking on John Cena the night after Backlash.

This could mean several things, none really telling us what is really going on with Orton.

Here are the different scenario's;

Orton Never Got in Trouble;
1. Orton will win the title and start a program with Cena
2. Cena will retain and start a program with Orton
3. Cena will retain and squash Orton one night only.

Orton Got in Trouble;
1. One of the above events was supposed to happen but the ad was put out before Orton got in trouble and they have yet to change it.
2. The kayfabe excuse will be an injury angle where Cena demolishes Orton.

This doesn't really mean that much... All wrestling cards are SUBJECT TO CHANGE!! So even though this is being announced at the moment, it could be something comepletely different next week.. All these cards are planned in advance and I doubt that the WWE was expecting Orton to do something stupid...once again.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
With regard to the Randy Orton situation, there have been lots of rumors swirling around, and none of them good for Orton.

Although not confirmed, there is talk that Orton may even be pulled from Backlash this Sunday where he is scheduled to compete in a Fatal Four Way along with John Cena, Shawn Michaels, and Edge.

A few people have noticed that commercials airing to advertise the main-event at Backlash have not included Orton, however given WWE's history of advertising screw ups, this could just be a simple mistake.

The third generation star is no stranger to controversy in WWE after being accused of harassing former WWE employees Amy Weber and Rochelle Loewen, as well as being listed in a Sports Illustrated for obtaining the drugs clomiphene citrate and the steroids stanozolol, nandrolone, anastrozole, oxandrolone, and testosterone.

We will keep you updated on the situation, but it is clearly serious for Orton.

I have a feeling that this is just a made up story....I don't know why but I just do.

3lions

Reaction score
The WWE need to do the best thing for business and that is to sweep this under the carpet and carry on like nothing happened. WWE have spent the past several years trying to establish Orton as a star. If he were to be released now, it would be for nothing; and a rival company will benefit. It's not like this is the first time a top WWE star has screwed up and it won't be the last. WWE have turned a blind eye to scenarios like this in the past. Why not do it again?

CenaMark54

^^^I couldn't agree more. The WWE has let plenty of things slide in the past. Occasionally lower card guys are made examples of, but for the upper carders the best thing to do is let these things slide. Its not good for business to suspend your upper card guys. Its like in any profession, if you are good at your job, the company will put up with a lot of crap.

Its not fair but neither is life.

The fact of the matter is that 99.9% of the worlds population won't hear about this story. Its not like this is causing a lot of negative main stream press. The only people reporting this are internet wrestlign sites.

Great One

Is it confirmed Orton said he actually wants to go to TNA? I had never heard that, pretty insane and I wouldn't mind, IMO, he would probably do better there.

phantomgerald

they should definately not sweep this under the carpet. if u do, orton won't learn and if u make him champion then he does something that gets him in trouble, it will be a bad example to the millions of people watching wwe

CenaMark54

From wwe.com

Randy Orton update
By Noah Starr
Written: April 25, 2007

WWE has taken action against Randy Orton for unprofessional conduct.

It looks like all he is probably getting is a fine or a depush or something. When they suspend someone we usually don't even hear about the real reason from the WWE. They usally make up a kayfabe excuse.

If he was fired they would have said "The WWE has agreed on the release of Wrestler A, we wish him the best in future endeavors"

Soulpower

I'll say it again.... During last night's ME, Jim Ross emphatically said... On Sunday it will be FOUR men, FOUR in the Backlash ME. It sounded like Ross' way of saying that Orton will take part in the match. If that's the case he'll rpobably tap out or get the pin.... What happens after that? That's up to Vince, I guess.

CenaMark54

^^I noticed that too. It was pretty blatant how he stressed the word four.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I wonder why they announced that Edge would take on Orton for Raw last night if they(WWE) knew Orton wasn't there and there for knew the match wasn't gonna take place??

CenaMark54

Just to keep the other two participants of the fatal fourway in the spotlight just one week before the PPV and hide Orton's absence. It was also a way to explain why Edge didn't do a "run in". He was preparing for his match later with Orton.

It was actually a pretty creative way to hide Orton's absence.