50 Man Royal Rumble (April 27th)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
hhjhn.png

IYADH, SAUDI ARABIA and STAMFORD, Conn. — The Saudi General Sports Authority, in partnership with WWE, will present the Greatest Royal Rumble event at the King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on Friday, April 27. For the first time ever, the Royal Rumble Match will feature 50 WWE Superstars. As part of this historic event, fans will see WWE Superstars John Cena, Triple H, Roman Reigns, AJ Styles, Braun Strowman, The New Day, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt and Shinsuke Nakamura, among others.

Saudi Arabia to host the Greatest Royal Rumble this April

Thoughts on this?

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Do you hear that? That's the brand split collapsing.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Don't expect a womans rumble. For obvious reasons.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I think its just gonna be a house show. A royal rumble in April and a network special in Saudi Arabia goes against the status quo. Triple H is probably gonna win if he's in it.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I actually hope it's just a house show. I love Royal Rumble matches but one of the things that keeps them special is that (with a few minor exceptions) only happen at the Rumble PPV once a year.

Reactions: Redboy123@

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
that's cool and all but they better come up with a good reward for the winner because why would anyone bother to win an insane 50 man Rumble and still not get the same type of price as someone who wins the traditional one in January with only 30 participants.

When I first saw the graphic on some other website, I thought they were gonna move the entire Rumble PPV to Saudi Arabia but having it in April does sound really weird and like I said, I'm really interested in how they're gonna explain this in kayfabe and what the winner's gonna get out of this

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I refuse to watch this show unless Braun Strowman is forced to wear a burka.

What's the payoff for this match anyways?

Gembo

The Showoff
Reaction score
I honestly can't decide my feelings on this. While a 50-man rumble sounds really fucking cool, we all remember that fail of a 40-man rumble, where there was way too much filler, how bad is it going to be with a 50-man rumble? I get that the WWE has a better roster now, but it's going to be hard to find 50 men to appear here without having some obscure Saudi wrestler or Michael Cole appearing. Also, I think it takes away from the charm of the Royal rumble a bit. If this is going to happen, though, there's a couple of things that I think need to happen:

1. Bring in as many independent guys to appear here as possible. Obviously, the focus should be on WWE's stars, but using outside wrestlers would add a lot of quality to a match that could be severely lacking without them.
2. Network exclusive. This should not be a house show, this sounds like perfect material for the network and could be some great content for subscribers.
3. A REALLY good prize. If WWE wants us to believe that these people are willing to fight 49 others for this, it better be something good, maybe a money-in-the-bank type thing?

This has potential to be really good, or really bad, it just depends which way WWE goes with it.