Royal Rumble 5 Wrestlers Most Likely To Win The Royal Rumble

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
rr-min.jpg

I am making this a separate thread because I want to hear your thoughts on this one. This is my favorite PPV and has always been. I enjoy the huge match and not knowing who will be coming out next. This is essentially my BIG PPV of the year, where most people have Wrestlemania.

So for the top 5 I will list them off and give the reasons why they are considered favorites and my own thoughts.

John Cena (3-2 Odds)
Cena is looking to Wrestlemania to win his record tying 16th World Championship.
Why I think it could be him: John Cena is John Cena. He may have took more time off the last 2 years then ever before in his career but he is still considered the face of this company. He is also do back and it makes sense to have him at Wrestlemania in a big way.

Bray Wyatt (40-1 Odds)
He has actually improved since forming an alliance with Orton, him winning can bring him and his character back to life.
Why I think it could be him: I honestly don't. Now he may be a rumored or favorite to win to some degree, but I can't see them allowing him to move up. The tag belts are enough for the time being and him winning would honestly shock me.

Goldberg (20-1 Odds)
He has had one of the best reactions from the crowd at a Survivor series in years and has good traction working for him.
Why I think it could be him: Brock Lesnar is due for a win and as Paul said, he will come back stronger than ever. These two will likely have their big match at Wrestlemania but Goldberg winning here can cause a huge shock facotr for the crowd. He is mostly likely going to be thrown out by Brock though.

Chris Jericho (100-1 Odds)
He is rumored to be the one to win to turn against Kevin.
Why I think it could be him: The logic is there but the truth of the matter is he will be going on tour in the summer and will not be around after Wrestlemania. Him winning it to just lose against Kevin doesn't make sense to me. He doesn't need this to turn on KO and they can actually make the story line of when this feud happens something much better without the Royal Rumble win lingering in the wind.

Braun Strowman (5-1 Odds)
He has been protected, in a sense to keep his look and attitude strong for a reason.
Why I think it could be him: He is considered the modern day Giant of the company. We know Vince is all about being "larger than life in the WWE. I can see him winning just because he is a big brute and can help paint a big story line with Roman Reigns.

What do you all think?

Attachments

• cena.jpg
    cena.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:

Dojo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
I want Joe to win and challenge AJ.

It'll never happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Very unpredictable Rumble. But feel like Jericho and Cena are the big choices here...

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Very unpredictable Rumble. But feel like Jericho and Cena are the big choices here...

That is what I am thinking, the other 3 don't make sense to a lengthier degree. And I think John will get it just because of breaking another record. They seem to be on a roll with that.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I think if Finn's ready, he's the most likely to win, but a selfish part of me hopes he's not ready, because the fact that it's so unpredictable intrigues me

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I think if Finn's ready, he's the most likely to win, but a selfish part of me hopes he's not ready, because the fact that it's so unpredictable intrigues me
A lot of people are expecting his return but it is like a 50/50 split on him winning. I see more people talking about Samoa Joe than Finn at this point.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
I'm throwing a shoe in for Sami Zayn winning if they want to do Owens vs Zayn again at Mania. Him getting decimated by Braun in a match at the rumble is likely going to happen so it wouldn't surprise if he at least eliminated the big brother wyatt in retort.

Reactions: Snowman1

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Its really hard to say this year...and already the line up is looking really strong...

Goldberg & Lesnar will cancel each other out...
Strowman is being protected...but you would think he's still too green...
Jericho is gone after Wrestlemania with Fozzy...
Reigns & Owens are having a title match that night...(I think)
Rollins is supposedly facing HHH at Wrestlemania...
Finn Balor may not be back from his injury...
Samoa Joe will be brand new to the main roster...If he really does debut that night...

You also have to take into consideration that SmackDown has
the Elimination Chamber Pay Per View...meaning the opponent for
Styles may-be selected in that main event...meaning the winner of
the Rumble will most likely be from RAW...but again...I'm just thinking
out loud.

It also depends on your Wrestlemania Card...and seeing as I have time...How about:

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar (No DQ Falls Count Anywhere) ~ Lesnar Wins...
Roman Reigns vs. Finn Balor for the Universal title ~ Balor wins...
Charlotte vs. Bayley for the RAW Women's title ~ Charlotte wins...because I'm booking it...
A.J Styles vs. Randy Orton for the World title ~ Styles wins...The Club/Wyatts clash during the match...
John Cena vs. Undertaker ~ Cena wins...heel turn...
Becky Lynch vs. Nikki Bella for the SmackDown Women's title ~ Nikki wins...heel turn...
Seth Rollins vs. Triple H ~ Rollins wins...
The Miz vs. Dean Ambrose for the Intercontinental title ~ Ambrose wins...
Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho (Last Man Standing Match for the List of Jericho) ~ Owens wins...
Sami Zayn vs. Braun Strowman for the vacant United States title ~ Zayn wins...
Cesaro & Sheamus vs. Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper (Champions vs. Champions) ~ Wyatts win...
The Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal ~ Big Show wins...retires...
Rich Swan vs. Neville vs. THE Brian Kendricks vs. T.J Perkins for the Cruiserweight title ~ Neville Wins...
The André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (Which I would have Samoa Joe win)

So with that card...Finn Balor wins the Rumble...
Roman Reigns beats Kevin Owens at the Rumble because of Jericho...
Reigns vacates the United States title which leads to a tournament on RAW with the final
being Zayn vs. Strowman...
Randy Orton wins the Elimination Chamber...
&
If they turn Cena heel against Taker...Nikki Bella turns heel in her match and wins the title.

Again...just thinking out loud here...

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Goldberg, lesnar, reigns, rollins, cena, Owens, styles, joe, Nakamura.
^ me almost a month ago, and I still think all have good reasons and "Vince reasons" to win, I'll struggle to name 5.

I also omitted Balor previously, like a moron. Y2J is gone after Mania and just doesn't wrestle like a rumble winner, unless he does the complete sneaky chickenshit he has done before and, as others have said, they don't need a Rumble win to set up Jerico vs Owens...

...but they do if they want Owens to hold onto the Universal title... actually I've convinced myself it's possible while writing this.

Goldberg: Who's going to eliminate him? Kayfabe the strongest wrestler ever in history, squashed the man who overcame Taker magic at Mania, bitched out Cena, beat Cena and Rollins simultaneously, undisputed champion for months.... also having Lesnar win the Universal title when he returns, maybe in EC (or is that an SD ppv?) is a great way to rebuild his dominance, and sets Goldberg-Lesnar III at Mania for the title, which we haven't seen from their matches. Vince reason is that he would want Goldberg-Lesnar III to main event, because casuals.

Lesnar: Inverse of above: starts his rebuild by eliminating Goldberg then wins the thing, immediately he's a big deal again. Less likely because it means Goldberg has to win the belt to set up the match, which I don't see happening.

Also, possible that we get hit with the swerve and both Lesnar and Goldberg put over other people at Mania (what I'd do, Lesnar ever beating Goldberg is unbelievable now), in which case one of them losing a Universal title match to put over Owens as a strong champion to undo what's gone before with him needing help from Jericho (believable because 265lbs and can do a swanton, flight advantage and isn't getting totally rekt for strength), or going to SD to face AJ and cement him as the greatest technical wrestler and high flyer of all time, by running rings around Brock or Goldberg. He needs it less but that'd be fantastic. So yeah, two ways that either Bill or Brock can win the thing.

Reigns: Because Vince still believes him in as a babyface and adores his oily Samoan muscles like they're children of his womb. Seriously though, VKM has tried so hard to make Owens hatable so Roman can go against him as the face, and he put him against Rusev to try and take advantage of the fact that anyone (except apparently Roman) will be cheered against Rusev if they focus on disparaging the USA. It's not working, but Vince may well still try. Roman wins a third Rumble and he becomes Austin, and, well, he got over, so Roman will too, right?!?!?!?!?! If making him The Rock won't work, we'll make him Stone Cold!!! oh my god they already did stuff with beer oh god this is actually the plan fml

Only catch is that Roman just faced Owens for the title. If they're still doing the thing where you get to choose who you face (i.e. Rumble win also lets you trade if you want) he might opt for Styles, but then they did that already too. But the part of me that believes Vince cannot escape the 60s and is an utter deluded madman thinks he might actually have Reigns win again.

Rollins: One option that I don't stand by. It's very clear that his thing is to run through Jericho to get to Owens, and to go through KO to draw out Triple H, who betrayed him for Owens. If he's getting to Triple H in time for Mania, he has to get to the title (probably have HHH cost him it again) before then, so no Rumble win.

Cena: As in OP. It's the way other than Lesnar and Goldberg for the belt that Vince puts on a casual-friendly ME, Cena-Styles for the belt could very well be an all time great Mania ME too. But as far as I'm concerned he's the only match for Undertaker left that would matter, so I think this is way less likely than the bookies and everyone else seem to believe. If Cena wins the Rumble what on Earth can Taker do?!

Owens: N/A because champion, but was very possible if he lost the belt due to Jericho at any point and again, would've strengthened him.

Styles: ^

Samoa Joe: Nothing left to do in NXT, and a perfect fit for the main roster right now. If he didn't come up after he first lost the title then this is the time that's left, really. Would be an all time great shock Rumble win, yet totally believable. Could make a main event star for decades to come.

Nakamura: See above. Either of these works in either the role of Rumble winner/top eliminator or NXT Champion, but I think Joe in the Rumble and Naka with the belt works because it means both positions have someone fresher. Naka also isn't that well oriented to the Rumble with strike offence, but if you want to build crazy Japanese man as a threat, this is a way to do it. But he's NXT champion so while he might enter he's unlikely to win.

Balor: Because obviously, epic Rumble return and reminds everyone that he's fucking great. Although, it's what everyone expects and he's entitled to a 1v1 title shot regardless because he never lost the belt.

So to my mind, the 5 people that can win the Rumble are, in no particular order:

Balor
Joe/Nakamura (whichever isn't NXT Champion in six weeks' time xD)
Reigns
Lesnar
Goldberg

Looking forward to this, least predictable rumble in years.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
If they turn Cena heel against Taker

I don't care who he does it on, or if it happens here... I JUST WANT IT TO HAPPEN! :please:

I don't know how many years I have been asking for the heel switch to be flipped on him and I understand why they hadn't done it yet but he is in the position where it can be done now because he isn't full time. I know they likely wont because he still does all the things for the kids but come on man...
:okay:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Cena? Yes, it's a likely scenario. He is the one guy that springs to mind as to who might win the RR next year.

Wyatt? No, he's a tag champ and will remain that way till Mania.

Goldberg? Hell no! Plus, Lesnar and Goldberg will probably do something to get themselves eliminated and then proceed to build towards Lesnar vs Goldberg III nobody wants to see.

Y2J? Sure, I can see it happening, but Y2J doesn't have to win the Rumble in order to feud with KO. Same goes for the returning Finn Bálor.

Strowman? No, thanks. I think he'll probably be eliminated by Sami Zayn.

Man, it's nice that next year's Rumble is pretty unpredictable.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Going with Cena. I think WWE is gonna give him one last big push before his fulltime transition into hollywood.

Reactions: edge4ever

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
That is what I am thinking, the other 3 don't make sense to a lengthier degree. And I think John will get it just because of breaking another record. They seem to be on a roll with that.

The whole Cena thing is annoying though, because the same thing can be accomplished by just giving Cena the WWE title shot lol. Or having that up for grabs in the Elimination Chamber.
While the pageantry of the Rumble can help Raw's main event scene that can use every bit of life it can get.

Plus you can do cool stuff with Y2J winning the Rumble and go in many directions. Or giving a Rumble win to a young guy is always a good idea (except every time they've tried to lol)
The harder they push CenaWinsLOL the harder it is to accept the inevitable 16th title win. PLEASE DON'T DO THIS

As for the rest, it sounds like a website that's paranoid about Vince's "big guy fetish" that he seemed to tire of years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The whole Cena thing is annoying though, because the same thing can be accomplished by just giving Cena the WWE title shot lol. Or having that up for grabs in the Elimination Chamber.
While the pageantry of the Rumble can help Raw's main event scene that can use every bit of life it can get.

Plus you can do cool stuff with Y2J winning the Rumble and go in many directions. Or giving a Rumble win to a young guy is always a good idea (except every time they've tried to lol)
The harder they push CenaWinsLOL the harder it is to accept the inevitable 16th title win. PLEASE DON'T DO THIS

As for the rest, it sounds like a website that's paranoid about Vince's "big guy fetish" that he seemed to tire of years ago.

Hey that big guy fetish is still alive and well sir! :mad2:

I see what you mean though. Logically speaking, none of these 5 really need this win. They can use it to boost someone or start a new feud even. I honestly have no idea where they will be going with this one but I like that and I hope they keep it unpredictable.