5/24 Raw Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
You've probably already finished watching it by now so I wont go naming the matches.

To sum it up: what a fucking gay Raw. It's no surprise that Bret vacated the belt, thus, also winning it last week for the pathetic reason that he was in his homeland. I hate when they give people wins just because they are infront of their home crowd, that is so fucking weak. At least let the guy earn it (which Bret can't do at this point because he can't even fucking wrestle).

Bret as GM is better than the rumoured Abe as GM so I don't mind it too much.

Knew Edge would win but was hoping Jericho would win. Fuck Edge.

Superstar Search was just as stupid as it was the last time and what the fuck, man, what a waste of time for Ted. Totally pointless.

Don't really care for the US Championship, anyways, but interesting (I guess....) to see it on R-Truth, though I can't fucking stand the guy.

EDIT: LoP is reporting that the mystery attackers were Jimmy Snuka's daughter and Rikishi's sons.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/7885.html

Reaction score
What a total and complete shock that the four people in the Fatal-4-Way would be Cena, Orton, Edge and Sheamus! Gosh, I just never saw that coming!

I thought the whole angle of the guest host was that they had total power over the show and could make arbitrary decisions about what happened that night. Now all they seem to do is appear in a couple lame skits with Santino. Didn't they already do the talent angle when the Osbourn's hosted? Pretty sad when you have to start recycling guest host skits.

It's said that when a TV show parades notable guest stars for episodes they are desperate for ratings and out of ideas. Are we seeing that here?

OrtonMark54

Reaction score
What a total and complete shock that the four people in the Fatal-4-Way would be Cena, Orton, Edge and Sheamus! Gosh, I just never saw that coming!

I have a question? Who did you want to be the fatal fourway? Kozlov, Khali, DiBiase, R Truth just because it would be a "surprise" and "new and fresh"?

The four guys in the fatal fourway are really the only options to be in it. You have 2 heels and 2 faces who just so happen to be main event ready and feuding with one another. It would have made no sense for Jericho to enter the fatal fourway, nor would it be wise to put Mark Henry in the fatal fourway.

You can't go and throw 4 random people in a title match together with no connection to one another who aren't main event ready just for the sake of shaking things up.

Reaction score
You can't go and throw 4 random people in a title match together with no connection to one another who aren't main event ready just for the sake of shaking things up.

Well of course you can't throw four random people in a title match - one had to be the champion. Sure, throw Cena in there, throw one or two marquee names in there. But come on now, give at least one spot to somebody unexpected to get a push. See if somebody can handle the pressure of the main event and get some new life into a very stale championship chase.

CMS

Reaction score
Why? Just because. That makes no sense. You have your main eventers main eventing and actually continuing their respective pushes

Reaction score
If this were a scenario involving a one-on-one match I would agree with that. However, that's the good part about matches with multiple participants. You can have a mix of established main event people and throw in one or two who are on the cusp to see how they do in the situation.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Still would have been awesome if Jericho was in it. I called Edge as winner before the match even started......predictability ftl.

I'm just personally sick of Edge so I'm a bit biased.

Reaction score
Why so much hate on Edge? Don't worry he'll get injured in like 3 months and be out of action for like 6. :/

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
:smh @ Hart being GM. More of a reason to not watch Raw.
:smh @ Hart beating Miz for the title, only to drop the belt. Couldn't Truth have just beat Miz for it?

I have a question? Who did you want to be the fatal fourway? Kozlov, Khali, DiBiase, R Truth just because it would be a "surprise" and "new and fresh"?

The four guys in the fatal fourway are really the only options to be in it. You have 2 heels and 2 faces who just so happen to be main event ready and feuding with one another. It would have made no sense for Jericho to enter the fatal fourway, nor would it be wise to put Mark Henry in the fatal fourway.

WHhile you do have a point about the guys that's in the match, but they could have made the qualifiers less predictable. Sheamus vs Henry? Really? At least with Cena/Edge/Jericho, you didn't know who was going to win.

Worked for the US title match. I understand Miz being in the match, but Truth? Where did that come from. I haven't been watching Raw. I've just been reading reports so maybe I missed something but that was random as can be.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
You forgot about the best part of the entire show-WheelchairTista.
The highlight of the show besides Rikishi's sons going on TV.

Stupid Carlito, that would have been him and Primo.

JBonez said:
Cena/Edge/Jericho

I fail to realize why Cena had to be in that match at all. It would have been way better just Jericho and Edge. And even more unpredicatable.

iamironman

Reaction score
id rather have Hart than abe or vickie but having a gm really defeats the purpose of guest hosts

one or the other (prefferably guest hosts)

chessarmy

Reaction score
Decent RAW up until that stupid comedy segment, so I guess its ok to watch someone take their eye out but a little blood is a complete no no. That was easily the worst segment since Rosie vs Donald, it made me wonder why I'm wasting my time watching this shit. The main event segment was fine, I actually liked the 4 way stare down between Sheamus/Cena/Edge/Orton. Good to see Orton will be back for the PPV, they can't afford to lose him for an extended period of time. Bret Hart as GM is a bit underwhelming but I won't complain as I'm just happy RAW finally has a set authority figure, at least for now.

CMPunk

Reaction score
I fail to realize why Cena had to be in that match at all. It would have been way better just Jericho and Edge. And even more unpredicatable.

It's was still pretty unpredictable, with John Cena in the match.