3rd Annual WWEF Fantasy League Thread- Team Ranking

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
#11:
@Nero_x3
Personal feelings aside, this team leaves you wanting more. You started strong with Dez & Ball, but your next two picks really kill your team's depth. You overpaid for Carolina's defense; the only D worth taking that early is Seattle. Don't expect last year's production from Carolina this season. Only 3 RBs is nutty, especially when one of them is a backup rookie and the other is Steven Jackson's corpse.

I can't see you winning more than a handful of games, and hope you look forward to proving me wrong.

#10:
@DK James
I hate to rank you here bud but this team isn't clicking for me. I think you overvalued QBs, taking Cam a little higher than a would and definitely drafting a backup too high after spending a 2nd rounder on Cam.

Charles is a stud but outside of that your RBs are sort of sketchy. I like Thomas and he will catch a lot of balls, but the NO backfield will be a time split between 3 guys.. sort of a shaky RB2. D-Will doesn't have a lot of upside I don't think.

WR have a lot of upside with Cobb and Hilton, but I'm not crazy about the depth. TE is fine w/ Olsen. I think you've left yourself a lot of work to do this season w/ this draft. I might look to move Brady or Newton for another RB or WR.

@Bill Clinton

Hard to rank you this low because I went back and forth each round between loving your picks and hating your picks. Ultimately having 3 defenses is probably the reason you are behind Kev or Drae at this point.

Ellington and Miller isn't a sexy RB tandem, but if they stay healthy they could both produce as top 15 backs. Julio and Allen is a solid WR tandem as well, and Cooks is high on my WR list, but some of the other picks left my scratching my head. Stills was an overdraft. Taking Wilson so high when you have the most consistent fantasy QB in the world was a missed opportunity in my eyes. And again, only having 3 RBs after the draft is asking for trouble. You will have to keep a close eye on things to find some RBs over the course of the season.

Strangely if things go right I could see this team making the playoffs, if you make the right moves trading or on the waiver wire. Best of luck.

@Draevice

Classic case of falling victim to trying to live up to your namesake. Your team will be heavily dependent on Peterson not only producing, but producing more like he did in 2012 compared to 2013. Pitta was an overdraft, and VJ arguably was. You bounced back some w/ solid picks in Smith, Mathews, Luck, ect.. but overall this team isn't all that "sexy" to me. Solid, but I'm not sure I see a lot of upside here, which is one of my favorite fantasy buzzwords.

I am utterly confused by the 3 RB technique so many of you deployed, but more power to you all.

@Just Kevin

A lot of solid picks, but too much reliance on the Dolphins, homer syndrome is what I would call it. No, not homo syndrome you jerks. The good news is you have 3 key cogs in the best fantasy offense in the world, including THE cog in Peyton. L. Bell was a great 3rd round pick, and if T Rich turns things around you could be solid, no doubt about it. Mike Wallace and Golden Tate were good value picks.

Charles Clay was the main pick I really cringed at. You have some solid depth. I see the potential here, if things break your way and you make the right moves you will be in playoff contention.

@Sharpy Sandow

You have a gaping hole at TE the size of Nero's anus. Digging the RB trio, but worry about CJ Spiller having his role cut into by Jackson again. Gore's upside seems limited. Fitz and Jeffery is solid but unspectacular at WR. You will be very Shady Dependent, but you did enough to surround him with guys who should help get you into the playoffs.

@Snowman

The first thing that pops is you have arguably the best WR corps in the league w/ AJ, Pierre and CP. That isn't even mentioning Manny Sanders or Kenny Britt, who could be bounce back if the stars align. If Arian Foster stays healthy your team could do damage. TE/QB are solid enough that you won't have a hole there. I question Woodhead and Ridley's roles moving forward, but they are solid enough depth guys to have around. Playoffs are in site, but you have a little work to do to become a contender IMO.

@pottsy946

A very interesting and balanced teams. You horded all of the white WRs which made me lol. You maybe lack an elite WR2 and maybe a bit of depth, but you have something to work with at WR. 3 really solid Rbs should be in your lineup every week w/ Gio, Lacy and Toby. I like the QB platoon you can utilize between Ginger and Knee. I expect you to steer this team into the playoffs.

@Senhor Perfect

I think you got good value on most, if not all of your picks. Rb is a little weak, but Stacy is seemingly low risk and Bell is always a Bush injury away from becoming a fantasy monster. Tate I'm not super high on but he could pan out. Mary Thomas + Dre Johnson is all you can ask for from a receiving duo. Stafford is top 5.

That team is probably a borderline playoff team, but the Jimmy Graham X Factor makes you a potential contender. Play your cards right and I expect this team could make another run at the final 4. Best of luck lad.
@GrammarNazi82

Tempted to put this badass team #1 on my list, because it is littered with value up and down the roster. Cutler is a potentially volotile QB situation, but outside of that, holy shit this team is stacked.

Forte is an elite PPR player, as is Antonio Brown. Between Vereen, Sankey and Freeman you have a handful of potentially viable options at RB2 or the flex. Roddy White, Watkins and Randle is an interesting combination of guys all with potential to deliver big seasons.

And just like Senhor, it is once again your TE situation that sets your team from good to grand. If Gronk maintains his health (who knows) your team is a force. Cameron and Gronk will likely be every week players for you.

@Danielson

Naturally. If I had to make a guess as to how things will pan out I hate to say I think we could see a replay of last season, meaning a Danny vs D'Z Fantasy Football Finale.

Much like GN or Senhor, the key to Danny's team is the depth afforded to him by his value picks in the middle rounds, not wasting them on frivolous things like backup QBs or Defenses too early.

Not crazy about the TE situation, but the WRs are near the top in the league along with Snowman. Fun Fact: Reggie Bush outscored Peterson in PPR leagues last season. Great value pick with him. You loaded up on overlooked veteran RBs, any one of which could wind up being startable week in week out. If DMC gets hurt, which is likely, MJD could be rejuvenated. Not so sure about CJ?K, but I loved the Jackson pick.

Rodgers could toss 45-50 TDs this season. Packers offense is going to mash. With all due respect to the rest of the league, I've pinpointed Danny as the #1 road block potentially keeping me from a 3peat.
Actually okay with #9 considering this was my first fantasy draft ever. I actually thought I had Ben Tate for the longest time so I think that's why I only ended up with 3 RB :dawg:

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I'll sit out ranking teams simply because I would honestly have no clue what I'm talking about, but look forward to seeing everyone's rankings and learning more about it from those who choose to do in-depth rankings. (Thanks, D'Z. Very informative, which is helpful for a noob like me.)

Reactions: Vice

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I believe that the rosters are ready for editing on NFL.com, go ahead and handle that if you haven't already.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Actually okay with #9 considering this was my first fantasy draft ever. I actually thought I had Ben Tate for the longest time so I think that's why I only ended up with 3 RB :dawg:
Your team isn't that far off. You have a really solid core with Brees-Julio-Keenan-Ellington and to a lesser degree Miller. Cooks could be an X Factor. If you find an extra RB along the way you could be a player in this thing

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
#11:
@Nero_x3
Personal feelings aside, this team leaves you wanting more. You started strong with Dez & Ball, but your next two picks really kill your team's depth. You overpaid for Carolina's defense; the only D worth taking that early is Seattle. Don't expect last year's production from Carolina this season. Only 3 RBs is nutty, especially when one of them is a backup rookie and the other is Steven Jackson's corpse.

I can't see you winning more than a handful of games, and hope you look forward to proving me wrong.

#10:
@DK James
I hate to rank you here bud but this team isn't clicking for me. I think you overvalued QBs, taking Cam a little higher than a would and definitely drafting a backup too high after spending a 2nd rounder on Cam.

Charles is a stud but outside of that your RBs are sort of sketchy. I like Thomas and he will catch a lot of balls, but the NO backfield will be a time split between 3 guys.. sort of a shaky RB2. D-Will doesn't have a lot of upside I don't think.

WR have a lot of upside with Cobb and Hilton, but I'm not crazy about the depth. TE is fine w/ Olsen. I think you've left yourself a lot of work to do this season w/ this draft. I might look to move Brady or Newton for another RB or WR.

@Bill Clinton

Hard to rank you this low because I went back and forth each round between loving your picks and hating your picks. Ultimately having 3 defenses is probably the reason you are behind Kev or Drae at this point.

Ellington and Miller isn't a sexy RB tandem, but if they stay healthy they could both produce as top 15 backs. Julio and Allen is a solid WR tandem as well, and Cooks is high on my WR list, but some of the other picks left my scratching my head. Stills was an overdraft. Taking Wilson so high when you have the most consistent fantasy QB in the world was a missed opportunity in my eyes. And again, only having 3 RBs after the draft is asking for trouble. You will have to keep a close eye on things to find some RBs over the course of the season.

Strangely if things go right I could see this team making the playoffs, if you make the right moves trading or on the waiver wire. Best of luck.

@Draevice

Classic case of falling victim to trying to live up to your namesake. Your team will be heavily dependent on Peterson not only producing, but producing more like he did in 2012 compared to 2013. Pitta was an overdraft, and VJ arguably was. You bounced back some w/ solid picks in Smith, Mathews, Luck, ect.. but overall this team isn't all that "sexy" to me. Solid, but I'm not sure I see a lot of upside here, which is one of my favorite fantasy buzzwords.

I am utterly confused by the 3 RB technique so many of you deployed, but more power to you all.

@Just Kevin

A lot of solid picks, but too much reliance on the Dolphins, homer syndrome is what I would call it. No, not homo syndrome you jerks. The good news is you have 3 key cogs in the best fantasy offense in the world, including THE cog in Peyton. L. Bell was a great 3rd round pick, and if T Rich turns things around you could be solid, no doubt about it. Mike Wallace and Golden Tate were good value picks.

Charles Clay was the main pick I really cringed at. You have some solid depth. I see the potential here, if things break your way and you make the right moves you will be in playoff contention.

@Sharpy Sandow

You have a gaping hole at TE the size of Nero's anus. Digging the RB trio, but worry about CJ Spiller having his role cut into by Jackson again. Gore's upside seems limited. Fitz and Jeffery is solid but unspectacular at WR. You will be very Shady Dependent, but you did enough to surround him with guys who should help get you into the playoffs.

@Snowman

The first thing that pops is you have arguably the best WR corps in the league w/ AJ, Pierre and CP. That isn't even mentioning Manny Sanders or Kenny Britt, who could be bounce back if the stars align. If Arian Foster stays healthy your team could do damage. TE/QB are solid enough that you won't have a hole there. I question Woodhead and Ridley's roles moving forward, but they are solid enough depth guys to have around. Playoffs are in site, but you have a little work to do to become a contender IMO.

@pottsy946

A very interesting and balanced teams. You horded all of the white WRs which made me lol. You maybe lack an elite WR2 and maybe a bit of depth, but you have something to work with at WR. 3 really solid Rbs should be in your lineup every week w/ Gio, Lacy and Toby. I like the QB platoon you can utilize between Ginger and Knee. I expect you to steer this team into the playoffs.

@Senhor Perfect

I think you got good value on most, if not all of your picks. Rb is a little weak, but Stacy is seemingly low risk and Bell is always a Bush injury away from becoming a fantasy monster. Tate I'm not super high on but he could pan out. Mary Thomas + Dre Johnson is all you can ask for from a receiving duo. Stafford is top 5.

That team is probably a borderline playoff team, but the Jimmy Graham X Factor makes you a potential contender. Play your cards right and I expect this team could make another run at the final 4. Best of luck lad.
@GrammarNazi82

Tempted to put this badass team #1 on my list, because it is littered with value up and down the roster. Cutler is a potentially volotile QB situation, but outside of that, holy shit this team is stacked.

Forte is an elite PPR player, as is Antonio Brown. Between Vereen, Sankey and Freeman you have a handful of potentially viable options at RB2 or the flex. Roddy White, Watkins and Randle is an interesting combination of guys all with potential to deliver big seasons.

And just like Senhor, it is once again your TE situation that sets your team from good to grand. If Gronk maintains his health (who knows) your team is a force. Cameron and Gronk will likely be every week players for you.

@Danielson

Naturally. If I had to make a guess as to how things will pan out I hate to say I think we could see a replay of last season, meaning a Danny vs D'Z Fantasy Football Finale.

Much like GN or Senhor, the key to Danny's team is the depth afforded to him by his value picks in the middle rounds, not wasting them on frivolous things like backup QBs or Defenses too early.

Not crazy about the TE situation, but the WRs are near the top in the league along with Snowman. Fun Fact: Reggie Bush outscored Peterson in PPR leagues last season. Great value pick with him. You loaded up on overlooked veteran RBs, any one of which could wind up being startable week in week out. If DMC gets hurt, which is likely, MJD could be rejuvenated. Not so sure about CJ?K, but I loved the Jackson pick.

Rodgers could toss 45-50 TDs this season. Packers offense is going to mash. With all due respect to the rest of the league, I've pinpointed Danny as the #1 road block potentially keeping me from a 3peat.

I disagree with your assessment of my team.. and I can't wait to prove you wrong. My team is top 5 all day. The #1 QB, #2 TE who is being thrown to by the #1 QB, #1 Defense, top 10 RB and my top receiver is being thrown to by the #1 QB.

I'm not Dolphin heavy.. I picked the best players available.. they just happened to be Dolphins.. I have 3 Broncos as well.

About Charles Clay.. I watched every Dolphin game last season and he will end up being a top 10 TE this year... not only is he god at catch and run but they run him on goal line from time to time.. so the TDs will come from rushing and receptions.

Maybe I'm just biased lol

By the way.. I can't wait to kick your ass this season! WOO! :woo1:

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Ouch #10? I don't know about that. We'll just have to wait and see, I'm pretty confident with this squad.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I disagree with your assessment of my team.. and I can't wait to prove you wrong. My team is top 5 all day. The #1 QB, #2 TE who is being thrown to by the #1 QB, #1 Defense, top 10 RB and my top receiver is being thrown to by the #1 QB.

I'm not Dolphin heavy.. I picked the best players available.. they just happened to be Dolphins.. I have 3 Broncos as well.

About Charles Clay.. I watched every Dolphin game last season and he will end up being a top 10 TE this year... not only is he god at catch and run but they run him on goal line from time to time.. so the TDs will come from rushing and receptions.

Maybe I'm just biased lol

By the way.. I can't wait to kick your ass this season! WOO! :woo1:
I think you disagree with my ranking, not assessment. Like I said, you are in the mix. It was splitting hairs between you, Sharpy and Snowman.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Riley Cooper still on the market?
So cash

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Sharpy's Shnypers:

QB:
Colin Kaepernick
Whacko Flacco

RB:
Shady McCoy
Alfred Morris
CJ Spiller
Frank Gore
LeGarrett Blount

WR:
Alshon Jeffery
Larry Fitzgerald
Terrance Williams
Steve Smith

TE:
Delanie Walker
Austin Sefarian-Jenkins

D/ST:
Broncos D/ST
Jets D/ST

The hole in my TE spot is up for interpretation, Delanie Walker can easily get me 5-7 pts guarenteed I think Hunter and Wright will take plenty of attention away from him and with the running game having changed significantly I see him getting plenty more looks.. As for Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, watch out for this kid; I'm a lot higher on him than most but I truly feel the ceiling is pretty high. My biggest issue is taking Flacco over Dalton, but that was simply because I truly thought they weren't going to commit to Dalton then of course the next day they OVERLY-commit to Dalton.. although I mean cmon am I really going to bench a dual threat QB like Kaepernick with him throwing to; Anquan, Stevie Johnson, Crabtree and Vernon Davis?

Reactions: Red Rain

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
1.) 6 PPG from Delanie Walker wouldn't even put him in the top 40 TEs in this scoring format, thus, you would be way behind at TE every week
2.) Cincy didn't over commit to Dalton. Only 17 mill guaranteed. It is basically a 2 year 25 million dollar contract followed up by a series of 1 year team options. They can get out any time after year 2.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Spot-on analysis D'Z. It's definitely a team I was planning on scouting for. Surprised at the lack of shot at the Raiders though, haha.

The one thing I disagree with is the way you are worried about Cutler as none of the players who draft the Bears' position players worry about that. Is it his injuries/turnover-prone-ness?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
1.) 6 PPG from Delanie Walker wouldn't even put him in the top 40 TEs in this scoring format, thus, you would be way behind at TE every week
2.) Cincy didn't over commit to Dalton. Only 17 mill guaranteed. It is basically a 2 year 25 million dollar contract followed up by a series of 1 year team options. They can get out any time after year 2.

I couldn't see the settings before so I have no idea what the format is, that 6 was based off of standard.
If the booster is PPR then look for him to get about 14 points a week minimum.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Spot-on analysis D'Z. It's definitely a team I was planning on scouting for. Surprised at the lack of shot at the Raiders though, haha.

The one thing I disagree with is the way you are worried about Cutler as none of the players who draft the Bears' position players worry about that. Is it his injuries/turnover-prone-ness?
Cutler's career best career TD total was 27, and he had 26 INTs that season. He just isn't exactly God's gift to fantasy QBs. And yea, he generally gets beat up over the course of the season. Cutty hasn't been a top 10 fantasy QB since his last season in Denver.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I couldn't see the settings before so I have no idea what the format is, that 6 was based off of standard.
If the booster is PPR then look for him to get about 14 points a week minimum.
the settings are on the first page of the thread lol